Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Need Help!

Options
  • 10-06-2021 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello friends. I'm having a problem with my computer. That is, whenever I try to do something on the Internet, the computer slows down. I am currently using 2GB of RAM on my computer. And I'm using the Firefox browser with it. Can anyone tell me why this problem is happening?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

2gb of ram, it sounds like an old computer thats on its last legs tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If it's a 2Gb machine running Windows 10... yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Walterwhite_3

Thanks for replying. Although I don't do a lot of heavy work on the computer. It just slows down while surfing the internet. I later learned from Google that the problem is that the Firefox browser consumes too much memory.
    Source: (digicruncher.com/which-browser-uses-the-least-memory/)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,227 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Thanks for replying. Although I don't do a lot of heavy work on the computer. It just slows down while surfing the internet. I later learned from Google that the problem is that the Firefox browser consumes too much memory.

You'd still be wanting more than 2gb. Think 2gb is the bare minimum to run Win10, 64bit.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

As others have said 2GB is simply not enough. The browser itself probably consumes that much before even thinking about loading a modern web content. At 2GB you might want to look into super small browsing options like min or surf(linux only)

Windows is a demanding OS. The computer needs a serious upgrade or replacement. A minimal linux install OS for super light weight browsing might be an option if that's all the PC is going to be used for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

It's 2021 dude. The internet has changed quite a bit, especially if you want to watch video. 2gb of ram is simply not enough regardless of the browser.

I doubt the cpu is up the the task either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Ah here, what RAM does your PC take? I maybe able to help you out for free

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

IMO, when Microsoft give the barebones of what Windows 10 will run on, I take that to mean that computer will literally have one task and one task only, as in display an image or two and little to know user interaction with the machine, anything outside of that and you need to consider your hardware otherwise you'll be at nothing.

Advertisement