Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque

Options
  • 12-08-2020 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

I lodged a cheque in the atm Last night. It was in my wifes name and endorsed 
    By her.
    It showed up in my account and then it was taken out., It said it was a credit
    Adjustment.
    Why is this?
    Cheque was signed on the back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Did the face of cheque be filled in correctly with date and amounts matching as i missed one or 2 and got them returned by post?
    Clearing of cheques take a number of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,519 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Did it have 'A/C Payee Only' on the front of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Robbie085 wrote: »
    I lodged a cheque in the atm Last night. It was in my wifes name and endorsed 
    By her.
    It showed up in my account and then it was taken out., It said it was a credit
    Adjustment.
    Why is this?
    Cheque was signed on the back.
    Hi There, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

Generally, when a cheque is lodged to an account at an LATM it will be checked by a member of staff and then appear in your account. You should see the amount lodged to your account by the end of the working day today. 

Just to mention, a cheque would generally take 3-5 working days to clear, and for the funds to be made available to you. 

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Allinall

There is also a big possibility that the cheque was "crossed", which means it can only be lodged to an account in the payees name.

Most cheques these days are crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Robbie085

Hi There, 

Generally, when a cheque is lodged to an account at an LATM it will be checked by a member of staff and then appear in your account. You should see the amount lodged to your account by the end of the working day today. 

Just to mention, a cheque would generally take 3-5 working days to clear, and for the funds to be made available to you. 

Thanks, Aisling

Thank you for your reply.
    If there was a problem with the cheque, will it be posted back to me?
    It's not for a huge amount, I just want to keep on top of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Robbie085 wrote: »
    Hi There, 

Thanks, Aisling

Thank you for your reply.
    If there was a problem with the cheque, will it be posted back to me?
    It's not for a huge amount, I just want to keep on top of it.
    Thanks for getting back to us Robbie. 

Yes, the cheque will be returned to yourself by post. It will go to the address we hold on file for you.

Thanks, Aisling

Advertisement