Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free to air satellite tv

Options
  • 12-08-2020 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, I'm looking to get free to air satellite tv installed in my house. I had it before in my previous home and it was a terrible installation - the box was messed up and I got very few channels on it so I'm looking to avoid them if possible!

Can anyone recommend a good & reasonable installer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

Any responses, am looking into the same myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Bulmers wrote: »
    Any responses, am looking into the same myself.

Nope. Not a single one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Most people do it themselves. Because there a certain amount of updates to this boxes that you kinda have to dob yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Nope. Not a single one.

Are you looking for someone to install a satellite dish and Saorview aerial, plus provide a combo box which can bring in both feeds to your TV?

Any satellite installer will be able to do this for you, this is very basic stuff for them. I have installed a few in Dublin 7/15, i normally put the antenna in the attic which works really well and mount the dish outside.

Once they are installed they/you can plug in a combo-box receiver and you should get all the irish / uk channels. I normally order combo boxes from the likes of free TV.ie but the likes of powercity also sell them. There's a few threads over in the satellite forum as to what is the best combo box, i'm most familiar with Edison and walker, both which work really well.

Try adverts / google, most installers offer a package. Although if you have a working sky-dish you might just need the antenna.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

Tks guys,am happy enough on the technical side but need the help on the physical install. Will look around.

• Advertisement

Where are you? Lad in swords I use is very good. Used him a few times after he successfully fixed a bitch job I had gotten done by someone else.

Pm me if that suits

Advertisement