Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best of luck to all the Junior Cert and Leaving Cert students on Boards.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Good luck guys!
    May the boards be with you! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Best of luck guys!

And remember, a dog isn't just for Christmas, it's for li-..

.. no, that ain't right! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭nobbo

Good luck everyone, especially the leaving certs, whose lives will awesome-ize in 2 weeks time! Best of luck until then!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭DryCleanOnly

Best of luck everyone, especially to my beautiful girlfriend who's repeating the leaving cert after 6 years. I am so proud of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Relax, few deep breaths and it will be grand!!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Thanks guys! Can't wait to have this leaving over with!

Best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

We're all gonna do great guys! :D

STAY POSITIVE!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

best of luck everyone, its tough going but will be worth it when theyre over, and not the end of the world if it doesnt go as planned. stay calm and focus on the positives.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Lets not forget the piss up afterwards!!! :D

Clearly the most important thing!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Good luck everyone! Ye'll be grand once the first exam is over :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Good luck to everyone.

I did awful in my leaving cert and still went on to college, so there is hope for everyone. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Good luck to everyone and remember:

1) Read the questions twice.

2) Read all the questions first so your mind can work on them in the background.

3) Apportion your time appropriately - the first marks are the easiest.

4) You know more than you think - I can't count the number of exams where I've stared in awe at my pen as great stuff flooded out without me actually remembering it. :pac:

5) Try as many questions as required - no answer = no marks.

6) Answer even if you suck at the topic.

7) Jot down bulletpoints straight away - otherwise you may forget an idea that you thought of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

Good luck with your exams! Try not to worry too much and just do your best!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Good luck with the exams folks. Remember, be calm, focus and read the questions properly. Approach the exam with a good and positive mindset will pay huge benefits. If you're panicking, stay calm, it isn't the end of the world.

Focus and it'll all pay off when you get those results. :)

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Good luck in your exams. Make sure you get plenty of rest, eat your breakfest.

Life isn't all about exams, everyone you finish brings summer closer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Good luck, hope it goes well for you, and for those doing the aul LC....please remember that despite what they say, your life is not over if you don't get the results you were hoping for....there will come a time, sooner then you think, when the results of the LC will be meaningless compared to the choices you have made in life

So good luck, have a good exam, but it's not the end of your life....just the beginning!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Good luck lads and lassies, it will be over before you know it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Good luck all!

Wish me luck too, I've a horrible ACCA exam next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭MacAva

GOOD LUCK!!!

Remember:

Stay calm. No point stressing, makes matters worse.
    Eat well during exams. Healthy body, healthy mind.
    It's not the end of the world if you dont get what you want. What people get isnt always what they want anyway and end up changing.

Everything happens for a reason and if its meant to be it will be.
    If you dont get what you want it wasnt meant to be and chances are there will be something better lined up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

get in to the exams

get out of the exams

Don't hang around to listen to postmortems as they will do you no good.

Don't really try to learn anything new at this stage, stick with what you have done and make sure you know that well.

BEST OF LUCK!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

Hello everyone!

Wishing you the very best of luck! - like everyone said above - stay calm.

Any questions you have problem with - read the question and try write anything about that topic/question - it is better than nothing on paper.;)

One teacher said to me years ago ( god I am so old!) You have two choices - take it or leave it. I choose "take it" everywhere I go - I rather take it and try do something with it than just to leave it and give up altogether.

I hope this helps - write anything with that topic and that shows the corrector you know something about it. You will get marks for trying.

Remember there is life after Leaving cert - look at us oldies :D ( ok I am speaking for myself!)

Finally!!
    Please Please dont leave the room early just because the others left early - stay right up to the end of time. You can look back and can say that you did your best :) Leaving early does not show others how brainy you are ( of course some of them might just wanted to get the hell of out early which is fair enough - remember this is your only chance if you dont want to repeat)

Ok I shut up! I go away and pray hard for my college results!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

It'll be over before youse know it.

Best thing to do, in between the hours and hours of study (:rolleyes:) is to plan something for after the exams, something fun. A night out, a barbeque, a trip away... anything. Something to do with your mates and something that will be a good laugh.

Best way to do it.

Good luck with the rest of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Good luck to all of you!

College exams aren't a patch on the Leaving Cert. Once you've got these ones over with, you can study something you actually like if you want. Makes life much easier ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement