Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Hotel not limited to 105 minutes

Options
  • 06-10-2020 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Thinking about a night on a Dublin hotel(Dub so staying within county) with the Mrs this weekend - break in the Covid monotony. Is there anywhere decent that doesn't restrict residents to 105 minutes? We would like a couple of pre dinner pints and a nice leisurely dinner and a drink or 2 after. Any suggestions or is this a non runner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,029 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Nobody is going to publicly advertise that they do this. Nor should anyone out any business as breaching the guidelines. It probably happens but you are very unlikely to get an answer here (unless someone has deep pockets for legal fees) or direct from the hotels. Unfortunately you're stuck with level 3 restrictions, they're no fun but it is what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Have as many leisurely drinks as you like in your room before and after dinner.

Have the dinner in the room and you can do it all in your jocks.

endacl wrote: »
    Have as many leisurely drinks as you like in your room before and after dinner.

Have the dinner in the room and you can do it all in your jocks.

Sure you might as well stay at home then.

I was out last night for dinner. Sat outside(bloody freezing) but they weren't clock watching on the 105 minutes. To be honest, I'd be very annoyed if they had. Two course meal, bottle of wine and a predrink, We stayed just over 2 hours and it was honestly the most relaxing covid era evening I've had, they had restrictions in place but didn't go over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Caranica wrote: »
    Nobody is going to publicly advertise that they do this. Nor should anyone out any business as breaching the guidelines. It probably happens but you are very unlikely to get an answer here (unless someone has deep pockets for legal fees) or direct from the hotels. Unfortunately you're stuck with level 3 restrictions, they're no fun but it is what it is.

Can we just clear up once and for all that there is no time limit once social distancing of 2metres or more can be observed? There seems to be a huge amount of confusion around this. Including among publicans and restauranteurs themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Misguided1

You can pre-book drinks for 1 hour in the bar, have dinner for 105 minutes and then book drinks in the bar after dinner for one hour at one city centre hotel. All precautions taken and very well managed. You obviously need to be a resident for the night but its worth it. Definitely a break from the Covid monotony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Can we just clear up once and for all that there is no time limit once social distancing of 2metres or more can be observed? There seems to be a huge amount of confusion around this. Including among publicans and restauranteurs themselves.

This is correct and with occupancy being so low in most Dublin hotels, the 2m is very easily achieved at present.

a predrink

A predrink?

No. You had an aperitif, if you’re a grownup.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

A predrink?

Some would have you believe that's a post-drink.

A predrink?

Thats what I call it. Wasn't sure everyone knew the term though.

Thats what I call it. Wasn't sure everyone knew the term though.

You really think so little of us...?

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,052 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Hang on...i thought the 105min/9€ food thing was no longer required now that actual pubs could open? Havent been out or had a pint in over 3 weeks but was planning to tmoro

retalivity wrote: »
    Hang on...i thought the 105min/9€ food thing was no longer required now that actual pubs could open? Havent been out or had a pint in over 3 weeks but was planning to tmoro

actual pubs can only serve 15 folk outdoors now. Most are closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,052 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Augeo wrote: »
    actual pubs can only serve 15 folk outdoors now. Most are closed.

Yeah theres a couple near me that seem to be opened thurs-sun, and have a few seats outside that are generally busy when opened. Thought it was just pints with no food or 105min limit anymore for these places.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭vafankillar

so from what I gather, all pubs outside of dublin, wet or food serving, are allowed serve up to 15 people outside, for a period of 105 only, if 2 meters distance can't be kept, if the 2 meters can be kept no time limite applies.

same in dublin except no wet pubs, the €9 meal still applies.

the confusion seems to be that most graphics post by irish times/rte gave the 105 time limit, without going into detail of the 2 meter distance. tho i'm not sure if many places would actually be able to have the 2 meter distance? would they? so in practice 105 is probably the standard in most places open currently, tho it seems to not be strictly adhered to or policed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

griffdaddy wrote: »

Does anyone have a link to official documents that states this? I was trying to convince a friend that this was case, but they didn't believe me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Does anyone have a link to official documents that states this? I was trying to convince a friend that this was case, but they didn't believe me.
    Page 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭vafankillar

the problem is almost every place i've seen doesn't have 2 meters between customers, so the 105 would apply

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

This popped up on Facebook for me earlier, they are part of the Press Up Group but looks like a nice break. In Ranelagh:

https://secure.thedevlin.ie/convert/...hoC06AQAvD_BwE

Advertisement