Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Fletcher offered a one year contract, thoughts?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53675841

8 Aberdeen players self-isolating - 2 with confirmed Covid-19, what affect will this have on the season?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/53683597

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

celticbest wrote: »

8 Aberdeen players self-isolating - 2 with confirmed Covid-19, what affect will this have on the season?

The "others" will be raging. 14 days isolation means the 8 will miss the game against us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Not sure how much game time he would get but it'd be no harm, great finisher. Would like to see a bit of cover at fullback now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Copied this from the older thread. Our first game of the season

Videos courtesy of bonfigli from the Huddleboard

1-0 Edouard
    https://streamable.com/se7vm1

2-0 Frimpong
    https://streamable.com/yopvrd

3-1 Edouard
    https://streamable.com/ztl129

4-1 Edouard
    https://streamable.com/2rhg6r

5-1 Klimala
    https://streamable.com/2avqh8

MOTM
    https://streamable.com/kk2bi1

Lenny
    https://streamable.com/0q7ldq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

The "others" will be raging. 14 days isolation means the 8 will miss the game against us.

Will their games go ahead or be postponed and played at a later date when all players are available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

US2 wrote: »
    Not sure how much game time he would get but it'd be no harm, great finisher. Would like to see a bit of cover at fullback now

I see some fans are up in arms at the prospect of this over in twitterland - because rangers have signed 2 promising looking strikers.

The scenarios are different - they need to replace their main man who is either off or agitating to be off. Defoe can still finish but he isn’t anywhere near capable of being the main man every week anymore - his role will continue to reduce.

It appears we are in the market because 4th choice striker Bayo is a dud and 2nd choice striker Griffiths is good but unreliable.

Assuming Edouard is staying for now (or a separate plan in place to replace him if he’s being sold) Fletcher makes perfect sense. Cheap/enthusiastic/fairly good/allows a different style of play.

Will their games go ahead or be postponed and played at a later date when all players are available?

Their game against St Mirren this weekend is going ahead. Their own fault. No one forced their players into a pub.

bobmalooka wrote: »
    I see some fans are up in arms at the prospect of this over in twitterland - because rangers have signed 2 promising looking strikers.

The scenarios are different - they need to replace their main man who is either off or agitating to be off. Defoe can still finish but he isn’t anywhere near capable of being the main man every week anymore - his role will continue to reduce.

It appears we are in the market because 4th choice striker Bayo is a dud and 2nd choice striker Griffiths is good but unreliable.

Assuming Edouard is staying for now (or a separate plan in place to replace him if he’s being sold) Fletcher makes perfect sense. Cheap/enthusiastic/fairly good/allows a different style of play.

Eddie will be gone this time next year. Realistically we should be signing his replacement this season to give time to bed in.

Their game against St Mirren this weekend is going ahead. Their own fault. No one forced their players into a pub.

Aberdeen situation is easy to dismiss - you can clearly link the outbreak to their own wrong behaviour.

What happens when we see team outbreaks where there is no known breach of protocol? Is it fair that those teams suffer.

Aberdeen situation is easy to dismiss - you can clearly link the outbreak to their own wrong behaviour.

What happens when we see team outbreaks where there is no known breach of protocol? Is it fair that those teams suffer.

If that situation arises, it'll have to be looked at. But when you are meant to be operating within a "footballing bubble" and you decide to hit a pub then you deserve what you get. I'd go as far to say that if you do that, and don't get infected, you should get an SFA ban.

Aberdeen game now called off.

• Advertisement

celtic fans on twitter are the worst of any club I've seen to be fair.
    You can't assume anything with celtic but if he is a replacement for Edouard it'd be an absolute disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭duffman13

Highly doubt hes a replacement for Edouard, most likely for Griffiths, if the reports of his return to training in an awful state are through, its time to cut him off. He's got huge support from fans and the club.

Given loss of income, I dont think the club will be spending huge money on Edouards replacement if they plan on holding him for one more year which is why Fletcher as back up is a sensible move.

US2 wrote: »
    celtic fans on twitter are the worst of any club I've seen to be fair.
    You can't assume anything with celtic but if he is a replacement for Edouard it'd be an absolute disgrace.

I think Toney could potentially be an immediate or future replacement type of signing (a bit underwhelming compared to Edouard but has goals in him)

What would spook me a bit was the attempt to sign Parrot on loan - thats a short term move that would cost quite a bit, doesn’t make sense if he wasn’t viewed as a starter

duffman13 wrote: »
    Highly doubt hes a replacement for Edouard, most likely for Griffiths, if the reports of his return to training in an awful state are through, its time to cut him off. He's got huge support from fans and the club.

Given loss of income, I dont think the club will be spending huge money on Edouards replacement if they plan on holding him for one more year which is why Fletcher as back up is a sensible move.

I’d agree, fletcher looks to be a reaction to the fact griffiths can’t be relied on. Then we have Kilmala who is improving and bayo who’s a dud.

I’d agree, fletcher looks to be a reaction to the fact griffiths can’t be relied on. Then we have Kilmala who is improving and bayo who’s a dud.

I'd love to through Bayo out on loan to another SPL side, might work out but not sold on that. Klimala looks decent and improving but Lee has to be out the door at this stage. Someone will take a chance on Griffiths but he's had a few chances now with Celtic.

I just can't see much being spent this summer particularly until after qualifiers for champions league and seeing how we go there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭eire4

duffman13 wrote: »
    I'd love to through Bayo out on loan to another SPL side, might work out but not sold on that. Klimala looks decent and improving but Lee has to be out the door at this stage. Someone will take a chance on Griffiths but he's had a few chances now with Celtic.

I just can't see much being spent this summer particularly until after qualifiers for champions league and seeing how we go there

Griffiths looked very good when he came off the bench in the last pre-season friendly and was praised by Lennon for knuckling down so I would not write him off just yet at Celtic. Hopefully he is on the bench this weekend and gets on against Kilmarnock as we really need 3 proven strikers and right now we only have Edouard. Klimala shows promise but is far from proven so it would be massive if we got a fit and firing Griffiths back.

More Griffiths drama.
    Hosted a birthday party for his girlfriend - looks like a breach of Covid restrictions (someone with a better idea of Scottish restrictions might correct me)
    After the Aberdeen fiasco he should have more sense.

The guys a talent but at what stage do you draw the line.

Today’s line up v Killie.

No big surprises, Barkas makes his debut between the sticks.
    Rogic and Johnston carrying knocks but no room for Luca Connell in the squad. Karamoko makes the bench - it’s well documented how promising he is, 17 now so we should start seeing more of him.

1-1 Kilmarnock equalise with a peno after Julien hauled down the Kilmarnock player

Today’s line up v Killie.

No big surprises, Barkas makes his debut between the sticks.
    Rogic and Johnston carrying knocks but no room for Luca Connell in the squad. Karamoko makes the bench - it’s well documented how promising he is, 17 now so we should start seeing more of him.

I'd love to see a bit more of Dembele this year, as bizarre as it sounds though, a move abroad on loan might work for him, hes still a bit of growing to do. I seen him 3 years ago at the hibernia Cup and he was incredible, ive seen some players at that age through the years but he was easily the best at that age. A game like today might suit him tbh, but he's a huge hype behind him and I'm happy the club haven't chucked him in yet. Developing him well so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Toothless display so far today, struggling to create any decent chances.

Quite flat today

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Brutal stuff. Out of ideas v Killie. Just glad it's early season but pre-season like performances aren't going to win the league.

Credit to Killie, had the measure of us all the way. Stiffle our full backs and we're in a bit of trouble.

Onwards and upwards hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

3-5-2 Neil.

Title race is on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭eire4

Quite flat today

It is always a dreadful game to watch on that plastic pitch but I agree even allowing for that we were very flat and slow in the final third on Sunday.

Podcast with Henrik released today. Havnt listened to it yet but I have been looking foward to it.

Bolongoli - absolute clown

I cannot believe how stupid some footballers are, there is a real danger that the Scot Gov will pull the plug for now

• Advertisement

I cannot believe how stupid some footballers are, there is a real danger that the Scot Gov will pull the plug for now

I think there’s a real chance that the European qualifier isn't allowed go ahead.

Won’t be deferred either - just out.

Advertisement