Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

celt262 wrote: »
    Cue a 1-1 draw tomorrow.

Any time that Spurs have a chance of capitalising and making ground, it usually ends badly. Tomorrow could be no different. But the fact that bale son and Kane are finally in sync with Ndombele and Moura going strong can be the difference.

A lot of analysts are expecting a score draw but I’m sure it will be 3 to the good for us. If it’s anything other than a win, I’m taking a sabbatical until August. But something tells me that I will be roaring us on into the most unexpected champions league qualification.and I love it.

Just realised that Jose’s last clubs in reverse order

C helsea
    I nter
    R eal
    C helsea
    U nited
    S purs

������

Poor start. Reguilon is a liability these days. But I’m not really worried. Could be the kick in the boll1x needed

He is a class act.

https://youtu.be/aEqdOVU3cNY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Goal for Son and just now an incredible save by Lloris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

How VAR came to a decision to rule out that Kane goal I'll never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Bamford 2-1 leeds.

Cracking game

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nonsense decision to disallow Kane's goal, but **** sake that is shocking defending for their 2nd. Dier ball watching again.

Stats are ugly ugly reading

Its as if ryan mason wasnt the cure

Bale anonymous.

Get Moura or lamela on.

• Advertisement

great save Lloris

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Moura and lamela coming on.

Dele off and Bale

Ndombeleon for Lo celso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

So that's that, any hope of top 4 properly gone now

No less then Leeds deserve. By far the better team. Our defence is shambolic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Well, that’s that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

Give Dier a p45

3-1 leeds

Var not good for us today :mad:

All credit to leeds, they play good stuff and took full opportunity of our weaknesses in Aurier, Dier and Reguilon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

Leed have twice the heart, twice the courage and twice the enthusiasm. They remind me of how we used to play in Poch's early days.

Think I'll sit out the final three games. This squad needs a massive clear out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,774 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

same every time.
    Any chance we have of getting into the top 4 or winning a cup or going top of the league we **** up.
    Spurs are afraid of achieving anything.

Deserved win for Leeds, they play lovely football.

As for us, big decisions to be made when the season ends

Top 4 was already gone. Now to avoid the Europaleague.
    Let's hope Jose takes Dier and Aurier and Loris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,377 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Peter File wrote: »

There's a third teir of European competition from next season.

Why are we avoiding the europa league? That’s now our level.
    We would struggle to win the europa league but we’d be in with a chance.

• Advertisement

tom1ie wrote: »
    Why are we avoiding the europa league? That’s now our level.
    We would struggle to win the europa league but we’d be in with a chance.

Concentrate on getting top 4. Europa league is far too many games

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Didn't see the game but wasn't at all surprised with the result. Sheff Utd and Leeds are chalk and cheese. By all accounts if it wasn't for Lloris it would have been 6 or 7. Major clear out required, I actually hope we don't qualify for Europe, give a chance for our new manager to properly bed in. We don't deserve european football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

If we don't qualify for Europa league then we could end up in the even crappier Europa conference thingy.

Yeah, we should be trying for the EL at this stage, as it'd be even worse if we ended up in the Conference.

Neither are great, but at least EL is another chance at CL the following year. Not that i see us winning anything...ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Definitely want to avoid the conference at all costs.

• Advertisement

Concentrate on getting top 4. Europa league is far too many games

We won't get near top 4. Not a hope. At least EL is a competition, if we are extremely lucky, we might have a remote chance of winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,018 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Thought Spurs handled the Europa really well this year, firmly fringe players in the group stages. Seemed to help play some players (like Bale and Vinicius) into form.

That's Big Sam available so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Pathetic .....

The usual suspects doing their usual things .....
    They are a disgrace to the jersey.

Anyone still blame Poch and Jose ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭Glebee

Too be honest for the first time in a long long time I completely forgot about the Leeds match at lunchtime Saturday. Suddenly dawned on me around 4pm that match was over. Checked result, no surprise.

You can judge by the posts in here. Even the hardcore supporters are losing interest in the spoofers wearing our clubs jerseys.

I had the game on , but found myself just walking out , tidying the house, making tea, bit of grub, and i turned it off even well before the final whistle.

Its hard to give a sh1t, when quite obviously the players dont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

the club is in free fall.
    rotten from the top down.
    no manager, so many poor players on long contracts who are gonna be hard to shift, it's huge mess.
    it could have been prevented numerous times over the past 2-3 years but the owners didn't seem to want to know, you have to sell to buy etc..
    And 'try a new manager' is always their go to solution, such a backward approach, I think it's 12 (unbacked) managers on 20 years and 1 cup to show for it - embarrassing.
    Those baron transfer windows are coming back to haunt us now, when you stop progressing you go backwards in this game.
    Should be an interesting summer.

whispers of Kane going to tell Levy inc. very soon that he wants to leave.

Quelle surpríse ....

Andre Villas-Boas has his say .

Daniel Levy has come under fire in recent weeks for his role in the rise and then sudden demise of the European Super League, but his presence has divided opinion among the Tottenham faithful long before any proposed Premier League breakaway.
    The Spurs chairman has been accused by some members of the Tottenham fanbase of not spending enough to take the club to the next level.
    Levy recently swung his axe on Jose Mourinho, relieving the Portuguese manager of his Tottenham duties just a week before the club were preparing to take on Manchester City in the Carabao Cup final, which provided a chance for the club to end their 13-year wait for silverware - a drought which is set to continue after City ran out 1-0 winners.
    Former Spurs player Ryan Mason is currently in charge of the side on an interim basis, making him the youngest manager in Premier League history at the tender age of just 29.
    Another man who was young at the time of his appointment, former Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas, has now opened up on what it is like to work with Levy, having spent almost 18 months at White Hart Lane between 2012 and 2013.
    Speaking to the Keys & Gray podcast, Villas-Boas explained: "Tottenham in the first year was very good.”
    "It was not easy with Daniel. I’m not the simplest of guys to work with but we had our ups and downs.”
    "We had a lot of fun in that first season and we reached the end of that season and I was expecting to renew with Tottenham after having refused to go to Paris Saint-Germain.”
    "But what I think is that Daniel was willing to sell me to Paris Saint-Germain because my clause was £50million rather than renewing me. So we started the second year in bad animosity.
    "Either way, we were very, very close to the top, we had more points when I reached an agreement to leave Tottenham than we had the season when we beat the record of points.
    "But the environment was not there anymore, the connection with me and Daniel and Franco Baldini, so it was also time to go."
    When asked why it is the case that he is not the only manager to fall out of favour with Levy, Villas-Boas revealed: "It all has to do with this extravagant leadership to take control of the clubs.”
    "And we saw in the Super League, with the failure of the Super League, the impact of these extravagant ideas.”
    "Basically, it’s people who are business people who want to set up their business without any respect for what is around, which is emotions and love. As surprising as the foundation of the Super League is, it’s much more astonishing the fact they have quit so soon.
    "They even hadn’t the balls to hold up the challenge to it, so this was a surprise. But it is what it is, extravagant leadership at clubs that keeps on happening."
    (Football London)

Lads where are we going at all?
    Sacking a manger 6 days before a League cup final without a quality ready made replacement is unforgivable.
    However bad the players were beforehand, it's turned into a complete **** show and holiday camp now as they clearly don't have to deal with an authority figure in charge of the team.
    What manager is going to want to risk his reputation managing these players?
    It's not looking good at all and alot of the blame has to fall at the feet of levy.
    Woeful mismanagement of the club and then to top it off someone decided it would be a great idea to charge £60 a ticket into the final game and not an apology in site over the super League fiasco (whatever you may think of it)
    That's some neck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

tom1ie wrote: »
    Lads where are we going at all?
    Sacking a manger 6 days before a League cup final without a quality ready made replacement is unforgivable.
    However bad the players were beforehand, it's turned into a complete **** show and holiday camp now as they clearly don't have to deal with an authority figure in charge of the team.
    What manager is going to want to risk his reputation managing these players?
    It's not looking good at all and alot of the blame has to fall at the feet of levy.
    Woeful mismanagement of the club and then to top it off someone decided it would be a great idea to charge £60 a ticket into the final game and not an apology in site over the super League fiasco (whatever you may think of it)
    That's some neck.

That's the ENIC model, revenue over everything else, they really are scum.
    I'm glad everyone can now finally see them for what they are.
    And we're toxic to all decent managers thanks to Levy's antics.
    What a fúcking shít show.

That's the ENIC model, revenue over everything else, they really are scum.
    I'm glad everyone can now finally see them for what they are.
    And we're toxic to all decent managers thanks to Levy's antics.
    What a fúcking shít show.

Also if we look at the worse case scenario, Kane leaves, closely followed by Son and bale goes back to Madrid.
    Who the hells scoring for us now?
    If we got 200m for Kane and son, who’s gonna chose to play for us or manage us.
    Jesus wept it’s so disappointing considering a few years ago we beat Liverpool 3-1 (when lovern got embarrassed) there was feck all to pick between both teams re title contention.
    We didn’t invest PROPERLY (we have spent money since ndombele Doherty hyoberg Vinicius etc etc) and pool went one way we have gone the opposite.

Board has apologised for their part in the super league and offered more fan input on the board

Translated: season ticket renewal figures have rattled us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭Glebee

So City claim the league title tonight. fair play to. Does anyone really care though, just cant wait for this nothing season to be over.. Empty stadiums has reduced to PL to a damp squib.

If anyone would like to bid on the 'special' jersey worn against Sheffield Utd.

https://www.matchwornshirt.com/club/tottenham-hotspur/726

Someone paid over €10,000 for Kanes jersey with the poppy on it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Glebee wrote: »
    So City claim the league title tonight. fair play to. Does anyone really care though, just cant wait for this nothing season to be over.. Empty stadiums has reduced to PL to a damp squib.

Yeah, I agree. I can't watch anything other than Spurs games, and even those take a bit of work. Maybe it's Spurs poor form and bleak outlook poisoning everything football-related for me, combined with the empty stadiums, but yeah I've zero interest.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree. I can't watch anything other than Spurs games, and even those take a bit of work. Maybe it's Spurs poor form and bleak outlook poisoning everything football-related for me, combined with the empty stadiums, but yeah I've zero interest.

This plus the implementation of VAR, which should have evened out unfairness in the game but has been deliberately (imo) botched to totally undermine its chances as a common sense tool to support officials.

St Totteringhams day is back on the cards .......

ffs

greenspurs wrote: »
    St Totteringhams day is back on the cards .......

ffs

Maybe if we could lose 3 remaining games then Arsenal could finish in 7th and prevent us from qualifying for Europa conference league.

• Advertisement

Or, Everton could get 7th ahead of Spurs cos their a point behind with a game in hand. We really don't want to be 7th.

I think 6th place is garaunteed Europa league cos Chelsea and Leicester (FA cup finalists) will both finish in top 5.

Advertisement