Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2020 in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scouseouse

Summer only., ranked 50 in Donegal . Not sure if this will get me an interview. Do interviews get held in Dublin or Donegal? I'm a first time applicant so no idea what happens next .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 El_Floof

Has anyone gone through this before that has a rough idea how long the process is? Does the order of merit change after the interview?

Sorry for the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Asdfghtabs

I'm in the 120's in Cork. Anyone know if that's good or bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 QuestionSpark

Bottom third for Dublin. I can't seem to get what they're after in these tests.

Same. What is the secret to getting in the top 10?!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DundalkFan86

I got 65 in Dublin bloody surprised with that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Scouseouse wrote: »
    Summer only., ranked 50 in Donegal . Not sure if this will get me an interview. Do interviews get held in Dublin or Donegal? I'm a first time applicant so no idea what happens next .

Interviews for this competition are usually held in the Public Appointment Service, Chapter House, 26/30 Upper Abbey Street, Dublin 1, D01 C7W6. Back in November they announced they would also be holding interview in Prosperity Chambers, 19 Baggot Street Lower, Dublin 2 so If called for interview be sure to check the location stated on the invitation.

El_Floof wrote: »
    Has anyone gone through this before that has a rough idea how long the process is? Does the order of merit change after the interview?

Sorry for the questions.

It depends on your location choice and the requirements of the departments in that location. They usual call in batches of 20-50 at a time depending on how many they expect to need in your county.

They changed the process last year and supposedly changed it back this year so your order of merit most likely won't change after interview. Summer only candidates are likely to be called first and the all year round called thereafter.

PS: Although your number won't change, if other candidates turn down the invitation to interview, fail to show on time or fail to passed the interview or subsequently turn down an offer of a job, you will be moved up on the list as other candidates are eliminated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mollieor

Mid 20s here for Tipperary. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 46 blackro12345

20 in Dublin. Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 45 suppet

Summer only candidates are likely to be called first and the all year round called thereafter.

Why would summer applicants be first if they won't be needed until summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Lets say you are OOM No1 and you get a contract for 6 weeks, at the end of the 6 weeks when you are available again can you be given another contract?
    Also can a candidate refuse a location if over 45kms as like the permanent roles?

• Advertisement

I'm a TCO and I'm still one after starting in July 2018 so there's a good chance you'll be kept on

I'm a TCO and I'm still one after starting in July 2018 so there's a good chance you'll be kept on

Are you eligible to apply for promotion to EO, if you served as TCO for 2years?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pjcpolly

Early 20's for Wexford

Ollie321 wrote: »
    Are you eligible to apply for promotion to EO, if you served as TCO for 2years?

Yes I think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bashybazook

57 in Galway, which is in the top third according to their feedback. Good, maybe? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 coolshoes47

Don't know, I'm in the 70's in Offaly, first time applying, so just curious if that's in the ballpark for getting called for interview

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Syndic

I just got an invite for interview for Dublin for 30th January. Very shocked at this as my OOM is in the 500s. Thought it would be much later if I was called.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭furrybones

Don't know, I'm in the 70's in Offaly, first time applying, so just curious if that's in the ballpark for getting called for interview

It will depend on TCO demand over the life of this panel. I was 70's in Offaly last year and didn't get an interview.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Syndic wrote: »
    I just got an invite for interview for Dublin for 30th January. Very shocked at this as my OOM is in the 500s. Thought it would be much later if I was called.

Hi, Can I just ask if you applied for JS or AY?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Syndic

Ollie321 wrote: »
    Hi, Can I just ask if you applied for JS or AY?

All year.

• Advertisement

Oh dear, thats a pity. Now whats does OOM stand for? I presume its connected the position on the list?

Worked it out, Order of merit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I got called for an interview. Assuming I pass the interview stage, how long typically does it take to get placed? My OOM was 32 in Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Janas

Am currently a TCO no 47 for Offaly for 2020 competition, have interview 21st Jan. There is no guarantee you will be kept on in a position. I am covering a 6 month maternity leave, and the person is coming back. Another TCO working in same dept as me got a 6 month contract, and hers has just been extended by another 6 months. It's all the luck of the draw

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Janas

It can take a few months, last year I was no 53 for Offaly, had interview in May, and did not get post until 7th Oct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 QuestionSpark

I got called for an interview. Assuming I pass the interview stage, how long typically does it take to get placed? My OOM was 32 in Meath.

I interviewed last August for the 2019 campaign and just got an offer this week. There is no saying how long it takes to get placed, if at all :rolleyes:

Would you share feedback after your interview on the 21st? It could be really helpful to me, as I'm new to this TCO competition, having been at home with kids for the last decade

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭foreverme

anybody called for interview for Westmeath yet? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ryanobr1en

Anybody apply for the Kerry TCO 2020 or get called for interview yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

From their message I understand that they will not reschedule a interview. Is this really the case or would there be any room for a bit of leniency?

Advertisement