Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical agricultural officer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Acquiescence

Am I correct in interpreting the eligibility requirements as being written in a way that means a 'green cert' - Level 6 Specific Purpose Award in farming wouldn't meet the criteria?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 valtra6550

Hi. Just wondering how many batches are made from a round of interviews? Is it one batch or can there be more made from one round of interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭caddy2

Garda vetting link

Hi, I applied in 2020 and they emailed there at 16.30 on Thursday (around two and a half years later) that I am under consideration for an appointment as TAO in Cork, they want all the info by close of business on Tuesday. The link for garda vetting isnt working, I emailed them on Friday but no one came back to me. Monday is a bank holiday. Does anyone have that link or is specific to each individual?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 thebeefbuck

Hi. I applied for this and got asked to do a Stage one test online next week but can’t find any of the sample ones to practice on. Can anyone advise me on where to find them? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭cute geoge

The sample tests are availble by clickling link in the information letter you opened ,I rushed my sample tests and scored below average so I guess better'' take your time and do it right''

Not much comments on here about current process this year so hope for all of us 🤗

• Advertisement

Anyone else do the aptitude test ,I taught the numercial questions were difficult and only guessing some answers and went way over time .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 flsn2021

Can a current TAO or higher comment on what the job is like? I know the job description says you need a minimum of a level 6 to meet requirements but to be reallistic the majority of applicants are going to have level 8 (and higher) degrees going by linkedin. The pay and yearly incriments are shamefully low for graduates of a level 8 degree irrespective of what college you attended and or if you have a postgrad. Judging by the requirement of physics for the AAI roles some college courses will be ruled out from contention immediatly which means there will be higher competition between level 8 graduates for TAO roles.

I guess my question is for anyone who worked in this area, is it a good job or is it simply putting in the laboursome work and hoping something good will come of it? Is promotion from TAO difficult to achieve or does it take long? Are TAO's looked down on within the DAFM or is their work acknowledged by fellow employees? It may sound good saying you work for the DAFM but in reality is that the truth?

Yes I agree with you I also went way over time with that, it took me almost an hour!

There is no hope for me at that rate with my green cert ,i may as well whistle if I am up against that standard of qualification!!!

• Advertisement

I wouldn’t say that now! I’m just looking at what I can see on LinkedIn, for all I know there could be just as many level 6’s that are not on it 🙏

You have as good a chance as any! Degree doesn't matter once you reach the requirement, it'll be based on the alptitude test and interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Farmer5

I see results were out during the week, hopefully not long until interviews now

Anyone get called forward for interview or have their interview yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭endainoz

I finished 9th in Clare and 14th in Limerick going from my results, no word of an interview or anything since though. I know these things do take a lot of time though. Would love to get a position in a sort of environmental role but of course will be happy with anything I get. Has anyone else had an interview of is it still too early?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GEORGY101

Haven't heard anything about interviews yet. Got a message from PAS this week looking for copies of qualifications.

Yeah I got the same, apparently that's a good sign for an interview in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nicchick88

Has anyone received any offers yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭morphy87

What happens people that were in panels from the previous competition? Are those panels closed as soon as a new competition starts? I was very high up in the last campaign but will I be notified if the panel i was on is disbanded?

Normally panels last for two years before a new one starts. If you were called for the 2021 panel, then you would have had to apply to the 2023 one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 CA1990

Hi All, just got a call for interview, I am a current CO in another department can I bring over my increments to new position if I am selected , does anyone know the starting pay scale for TO ?

Is a TO equivalent to an EO ..

Pretty sure TO is the same payscale as CO, also pretty sure you can bring the increments over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CA1990

Anyone gone through the TO interview , any advice on potential questions that could be asked, thank you.

Have completed hr clearance including giving reference from current employer, anyone know how long it generally is until I get offered a position?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Deutz6160

They say 4-6 weeks …. When did you do in the interview and for what county?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nicchick88

PAS say they take 1-2 days to review, but realistically it takes them 2 weeks. Going through clearance doesn't necessarily mean that you have a job either. They could find something in your documentation that they might not 'meet' their criteria. If that does happen, I'd say challenge them on that especially if you actually do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭morphy87

In this current campaign was every county advertised for these jobs? If possible could someone put up a copy of the county’s that were advertised

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mcusack

For anyone that might be looking for an audiology test at short notice for the current TAO campaign - I can highly recommend Maria Foley, Kilrush, Dungarvan. Maria is on the DAFM list for accepted audiologists. Maria is super professional and accommodating. Notified yesterday afternoon via email that I had 7 days to get all paperwork submitted for consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Deutz6160

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 mcusack

Yes, you?

Advertisement