Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Whether the Saudi deal went through or not, or goes through in the future, I hope they rinse the Premier League in court. I have serious misgivings about the Saudi deal but the way the Premier League went about it was a disgrace. To let it drag on over 4 months was a farce and totally unfair on all parties involved. By saying nothing they hoped it would just go away and they wouldn't have to actually have the balls to make a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

fitzparker wrote: »
    I think we are done in the window, talk of rob holding last week but he started for Arsenal the weekend so id say that is dead in the water.

Atsu has also been told he can go. Carroll had a good game, supposedly he came back much lighter and it showed Saturday.

What I like is our bench, there are game changers on it, sure Ritchie and Frazer didnt even get on plus Schar is to come back.

Another strong team can go out tonight v Blackburn to get the fitness up.

Regarding Ashley getting the lawyer, he got 17m from the saudi deal (un refundable deposit) so he has a few quid to go for the PL which id say the saudi put pressure on him to do :)

Yep it's amazing what a couple of quality signings can do to a team the atmosphere around the club should be really flat given all the takeover stuff but the new signings have given everyone a real boost.

There'll be a host of changes tonight i'd say Clark is to start which is good from an Irish perspective I'm looking forward to seeing Fraser as well.

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Whether the Saudi deal went through or not, or goes through in the future, I hope they rinse the Premier League in court. I have serious misgivings about the Saudi deal but the way the Premier League went about it was a disgrace. To let it drag on over 4 months was a farce and totally unfair on all parties involved. By saying nothing they hoped it would just go away and they wouldn't have to actually have the balls to make a decision.

Absolutely and given the highly dodgy links to Qatar and Bein sports that are involved as well i'd say there is some deleting of emails going on in PL HQ at the minute.

This is turgid stuff Blackburn the better team Joelinton absolutely pathetic longstaff awful as well. Promising link ups between miggy and Fraser especially for the goal.

Into the 3rd round for the first time in 4 years is about the only positive you can take from that.

Morcambe then Newport or Watford. Really chance to go deep in the Carabao I hope they take it seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Any Steve Bruce team always starts off decent until his complete lack of tactical knowledge kicks in and overwrites all the training our new players got from previous teams.
    Then we turn to complete ****e and just escape relegation by some lucky results.
    The cabbage shouldn't even be coaching a Sunday pub team let alone a premiership team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Bruce is who we have and after Rafas experience, we aren't getting any world class coach in, not ever with FCB still there, a Bruce replacement could actually be worse.
    He's no master tactician but he kept us out of a relegation battle last year, he got money this window and spent well. This is the first year in about 15 that I'm optimistic about giving some bigger teams a game, maybe a cup run and Europe is not out of question. Or we could just whine and bitch....

Well what do we reckon for today? I personally think we need 1 change Carroll out and either Miggy or Fraser to start no use lumping it up to Carroll given the height of Brightons defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Well what do we reckon for today? I personally think we need 1 change Carroll out and either Miggy or Fraser to start no use lumping it up to Carroll given the height of Brightons defence.

Bruce won't change a winning team. Unless its like for like, if there is going to be one change its ASM for fraser or Miggy. But think it will be the same starting 11. I can see us winning by 3 clear goals. Just have a niggle today

Bruce won't change a winning team. Unless its like for like, if there is going to be one change its ASM for fraser or Miggy. But think it will be the same starting 11. I can see us winning by 3 clear goals. Just have a niggle today

You were bang on unchanged team

Joke of a peno decision but we're played off the park

Steve Bruce is a dinosaur a joke 4-4-2 we're being overrun and destroyed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

This is as bad as I've seen us for a long time

Lewis has been shocking so far

This is as bad as I've seen us for a long time

Lewis has been shocking so far

He is getting no help whatsoever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

And Carroll is painful to watch. Why isn't Almiron starting up top wilson?
    Carroll slows down the whole attack getting the ball to wi!son quickly which should be the main aim

Bowlardo wrote: »
    And Carroll is painful to watch. Why isn't Almiron starting up top wilson?
    Carroll slows down the whole attack getting the ball to wi!son quickly which should be the main aim

Has to bring almiron on here but this all down to Bruce's ridiculous outdated tactics and team selection

Has to bring almiron on here but this all down to Bruce's ridiculous outdated tactics and team selection

I called this out earlier but apparently the people who do this are whining and moaning...:rolleyes:
    Cabbage is a complete and utter muppet and shouldn't be let manage a pub team let along a EPL team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

So painful to watch

Sitter by Wilson should be burying that header

Almiron looks excellent since coming on

Bruce out

• Advertisement

yesterday was that bad it shows how bad West Ham were rather than how good we were last week.

Lewis was getting roasted yesterday it looked like a 35 year old against an 18 year old, but yeah no support didn't help (some boot in the head he got).

When we are against it and need him the most Shelvey goes missing. Almiron and Fraser to come in for Carroll and ASM. id also like to see Clarke come in for one of the empty heads at the back.

In transfer news it looks like Yedlin is heading to Turkey ( id rather he stay and Kraft leave )

3 up already Morecambe are hilariously bad. I'll say one thing for Bruce he's lucky when it comes to cup draws.

3 up already Morecambe are hilariously bad. I'll say one thing for Bruce he's lucky when it comes to cup draws.

Hell even Joelington got 2 :)
    Nice to see a good score line though.

That was desperate. Again it shows how bad west ham were that day compared to us being good.

Our only 2 shots on target in 3 games were the 2 goals.

Dinosaur manager with Dinosaur tactics.

I feel this could be a mirror image of the McClaren season, a manager that was given money but we eventually went down.

The next 8 games are crucial, if it doesn't change he has to go anything after that will be too late I feel

In other news our best defender Lejeune who went on loan because he wasn't match fit played 90 mins and kept a clean sheet in his first game

There are some shocking teams in this league. No matter how bad we are I can see us being just ahead of the dregs like Fulham West Brom etc which sadly may be enough for Bruce to cling on

On paper we have a strong squad but tactically we are out of our depth it all just seems like a carbon copy of Mcclaren, he signed well and was given the backing, Gini, Mbemba, Mitrovich, Thauvin (later in the year Shelvey and townsend)

but didn't have the wits to do anything with it.

Im not too worried for now we are 3 games in and playing like typical Newcastle anyway but if its not working out id like it done quick (25 plus games left) rather than when we got Rafa in March when it was too late.

In fairness to Bruce we actually have a squad that should be top 10-12 minimum but he just can't get it right.

That was absolutely pathetic in truth especially the first half Bruce is absolutely clueless I wouldn't let him near a schoolboy team and I think all this focus on the penalty(which according to the rules is a stonewall peno) is taking away from how absolutely pathetic we were.

I honestly think if we had lost 6-0 we couldn't have complained and I'm absolutely dreading having to endure this Burnley game.

That was dreadful again. Lucky to draw with a League 2 side and escape on penalties. Running out of lower league sides to play now. Probably draw City away now and may as well have gone out tonight

Absolutely ****housed that again I just cant understand why we didnt go at them from the start mind boggling to wait till the last 15 mins when we actually played them off the park.

Tonight proved that Andy Carroll unfortunately is finished completely and utterly and can only be used as a battering ram in the last 20 mins against a tired defence.

Yeah that was terrible to watch.

Clarke must be injured again is he? good thing Schar is back but bruce wont play him in front of the other 2.

Murphy got into all the right positions and has a decent footballing brain, its a shame his legs do the opposite, which is sad because he was the only one with energy out there, him and fraser should have switched sides, if fraser had them chances it would have been an easier night.

We are really stuck for a right back, Manquillo has to play every game as Kraft is poxy and Yedlin can't get into the team.

Anyone notice how bad Almiron is at 10 ard passes, in the past 2 games the amount of "square" passes that are given away from him is really strange for a pro football.

Anyway, quarter final it is which is nice to hear, one from Brentford/Fulham/Stoke/Villa will be nice but our luck in the comp is we will definitely get City...... WE ALWAYS GET CITY

• Advertisement

Bridge93 wrote: »
    That was dreadful again. Lucky to draw with a League 2 side and escape on penalties. Running out of lower league sides to play now. Probably draw City away now and may as well have gone out tonight

Or maybe not. Brentford away in the next round. You have to imagine at quarter final stage both sides will be taking it seriously. Hard to call but as good a draw as could be hoped for. It was Brentford/Stoke or knocked out

Game isn't till Dec 22/23

Within this time we either get our act together or Bruce is gone... Win/Win if ashley gives a crap

If Bruce is still there and we are languishing at the bottom Brentford should beat us.

Hopefully we get through it, gives us a transfer window to sign before the Semi where anything can happen

here is to hoping

HWTL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Nice to go into the break with a bit of positivity.
    ASM is different class, but he's going to be kicked up and down the pitch every week and refs don't do anything to protect him from some dirty challenges.

Still wondering why Hendrick is playing on the right over Almiron, with him ASM, Joelinton and Wilson, we actually have some teeth in going forward

ASM, is a step above everyone in that team, creates things everytime he touches the ball.
    Last year I said he could be an Obertan or Ben Arfa, he is defo in the latter catagory.

Not pretty again yesterday, typical catching teams on the break type football I thought Joelinton had one of his better games where he actually played in his proper position, Agree with hendrick out right, but im sort of sick of Almiron id maybe take Shelvey or Hendrick off and put Fraser in for balance.

was great to see Schar back as he actually does something for us when we have the ball, be it by spreading it or running forward. but typical he went off injured, not sure on lascelles injury or if Schar is ok but we now only have Fernandez fit. iv said it was a terrible decision letting lejune go and now it could cost us, we should never let any of our senior players go out on loan with the year thats in it as it will come to a stage where some will be injured and some isolating, we need the back up

ASM is the genuine class player that we have we are so much better when he is in the team and opposition teams know it as well he has to be the most fouled player in the league. The formation change definitely worked and Joelinton actually looked like a footballer in his right position.

I was very impressed with how we answered their equaliser I thought the heads would drop and Burnley would go on to win the game but in fairness we took back control and beat them well in the end. I'd play the same team next time pending fitness in Schars case and ideally Fraser in for Hendrick.

Bruce is clueless sit back and pray proper small club mentality. Get fraser and almiron on for Hendrick and Joelinton and ****ing get into these they are ****e.

We've made their worst team in living memory look good Bruce is so far out of his depth its untrue.

Again, another terrible showing.

Wilson constantly isolated yet we constantly looked for him, Schar steadied the ship when he came on but we need balance, one of our 3 sitting CM's needs to be replaced with Frazer, he deserves a run of games, hendrick is bad.

Bruce tactics for me summed up was every goalkick we got we pushed up 15 yards from half way and thumped it to Wilson who had nobody to flick onto, we must be the only team in the league that don't take a short goalkick, the reason being the 2 CB in front have no composure.

Bruce again talking about a transition, and it takes time but come on, its been near 18 months what exactly is it he wants to do, what is the end goal? nick the winner in last 10 minutes with our only shot. I feel we have strengthened the team since rafa but our tactics has got worse.

Watching leeds here just brings home how badly coached we are a team full of championship players and they would eat us alive.

• Advertisement

Watching leeds here just brings home how badly coached we are a team full of championship players and they would eat us alive.

Same applies again.

Same applies again.

Lads Almiron is pony. Constantly giving the ball away, iv said it before but watching today he is out of his depth. Can't fault his effort he tries for 90 mins but don't think its good enough.

This is probably our most attack minded starting 11 with shelvey and hayden out, but still there is a 30 yard gap between Wilson and everyone else. Again we go long and Wilson wins it but nobody taking a chance. Surely if we are told to go long then the tactics is Wilson will win it.

Not a bad first half just a frustrating one

Another note, is Manquillo injured? Seems to be benched past few games but not start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,988 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Lads Almiron is pony. Constantly giving the ball away, iv said it before but watching today he is out of his depth. Can't fault his effort he tries for 90 mins but don't think its good enough.

This is probably our most attack minded starting 11 with shelvey and hayden out, but still there is a 30 yard gap between Wilson and everyone else. Again we go long and Wilson wins it but nobody taking a chance. Surely if we are told to go long then the tactics is Wilson will win it.

Another note, is Manquillo injured? Seems to be benched past few games but not start.

He's one of those players who can look like he's not quite in sync with what's going on around him - or else looks the best player on the pitch. He was fantastic for long stretches last season.

We played Hendrick in CM by himself amazing we got away with that really. I don't think almiron is that bad to be fair it didn't happen for him offensively fair enough but he did trojan work tracking back and bailed out Lewis and Murphy many times.

We played Hendrick in CM by himself amazing we got away with that really. I don't think almiron is that bad to be fair it didn't happen for him offensively fair enough but he did trojan work tracking back and bailed out Lewis and Murphy many times.

If you keep an eye on him, alot of the tracking back is because he lost it in the first place, the past few games he has underhit the ball on so many occasions.

that was our most attacking team we probably could have fielded (granted by default) yet nobody was supporting Wilson.

Jesus this is dire

• Advertisement

Second half much better to be fair miggy Wilson fraser and Lewis excellent. Longstaffs best performance in a while.

Wilson involved in 7 of our 10 goals so far. What a signing he’s been. 10 points clear of relegation already although that says more about the teams in the bottom 3 than those of us above them

After giving stick I thought Miggy and Longstaff played well today. I think the 3 at the back works much better. More composure, murphy played decent, he could become a Victor Moses type player

It wasn't great but much better than wolves, for periods we were controlling the game which is very seldom. Why does darlow look like he drops the ball every time.

That was an absolute ****ing disgrace from start to finish how can Bruce pick Hendrick over Hayden he literally does nothing. Bruce is so out of his depth its hilarious wouldnt get a job in LOI.

I would literally kill to be coached by Hassenhuttel. Bruce ball is achingly **** it hurts I wonder how I can keep subjecting myself to this ****ing muck. Sack Bruce now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

That was an absolute ****ing disgrace from start to finish how can Bruce pick Hendrick over Hayden he literally does nothing. Bruce is so out of his depth its hilarious wouldnt get a job in LOI.

I would literally kill to be coached by Hassenhuttel. Bruce ball is achingly **** it hurts I wonder how I can keep subjecting myself to this ****ing muck. Sack Bruce now!!!

I'm not sure Hayden would have turned the tide in that game but did not get to watch. Southampton have won three of their last four games before tonight with just a draw against Chelsea who have invested huge money in bringing in quality players. I'd like to see a Newcastle win but getting outplayed by the league leaders can't be that much of a surprise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement