Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Time to let Rudolf finish the game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Time to let Rudolf finish the game

Since when does Santa’s favourite reindeer play for the Steelers!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

At last a dominant win against a good team after stumbling unconvincingly to 4-0

Massive three game stretch coming up @Tennessee @Baltimore and @Dallas

6-2 would be fine after that, 7-1 would be unreal. Schedule softens a bit after that

At last a dominant win against a good team after stumbling unconvincingly to 4-0

Massive three game stretch coming up @Tennessee @Baltimore and @Dallas

6-2 would be fine after that, 7-1 would be unreal. Schedule softens a bit after that

See Romo reckons we’ll be 8-0 after next 3, don’t think so. Very very positive start to the season though.

OOnegative wrote: »
    See Romo reckons we’ll be 8-0 after next 3, don’t think so. Very very positive start to the season though.

Not a hope of 8-0. Can’t see them winning in Baltimore for a start, and Titans and Cowboys are both 50/50 games for me. Cowboys have been awful but their offence is capable of going off even with Dalton.

• Advertisement

Cowboys have been awful but their offence is capable of going off even with Dalton.

Jeez I hope they beat the Red Rifle!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Not a hope of 8-0. Can’t see them winning in Baltimore for a start, and Titans and Cowboys are both 50/50 games for me. Cowboys have been awful but their offence is capable of going off even with Dalton.

If Bush was ok then I think they'd have a good chance in Baltimore. Last season the Steelers were one of the few teams to contain Jackson.

6-2 or 7-1 would be a fantastic start to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Bush has done his ACL. Out for the season.

Balls!!!

Damn it. He is a huge part of that defence.

Spillane played well when he came in but hard to know how good he is until he gets a run. They may have to make a trade for somebody

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Henry next week, Tannehill has won all his games against the Steelers I think.

Very good chance they lose the next two to put them 5-2. Every game from there on is winnable if they stay mostly healthy, tricky trip to Buffalo and a home game to the Ravens being by far the most difficult ties left on the schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 39,461 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well having watched Baltimore very closely yesterday and having seen the steelers play I don’t see why the steelers wouldn’t beat the ravens. The ravens were lucky to win and if they were any good they’d have beaten the eagles by more than two points and if not for a brain fart by the eagles at the end it could have gone to OT. They have over a hundred yards in penalties including three in a row.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well having watched Baltimore very closely yesterday and having seen the steelers play I don’t see why the steelers wouldn’t beat the ravens. The ravens were lucky to win and if they were any good they’d have beaten the eagles by more than two points and if not for a brain fart by the eagles at the end it could have gone to OT. They have over a hundred yards in penalties including three in a row.

Haven’t watched much of them quite honestly and was probably basing my comment on last season too much. Always a tough ask to go there and win regardless.

Eagles look to be getting going even though they have lost that’s two credible performances back to back against good teams on the road. Division still very much up for grabs there if they can get all their guys healthy. Fulgham looks to be a find

• Registered Users Posts: 39,461 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Haven’t watched much of them quite honestly and was probably basing my comment on last season too much. Always a tough ask to go there and win regardless.

Eagles look to be getting going even though they have lost that’s two credible performances back to back against good teams on the road. Division still very much up for grabs there if they can get all their guys healthy. Fulgham looks to be a find

I had the same feeling towards them as you did prior to yesterday with Lamar Jackson and how good they were and last season but after yesterday the light aren’t as bright.

Colquitt released..

Saw that one coming, just wasn’t getting the distance on it any more.

It’s too late to sign somebody for Sunday due to Covid protocols so it’s practice squad guy Waitman punting. He can’t do much worse than Colquitt on the punting side but I hope it doesn’t effect Boswell, it might be a game where field goals are important.

dfx- wrote: »
    Colquitt released..

odd move in the first place his recent punting stats showed regression. I wonder if the cap hit is negligable and was just a kick up the hole for berry. kickers and punters are known to get a bit lazy

odd move in the first place his recent punting stats showed regression. I wonder if the cap hit is negligable and was just a kick up the hole for berry. kickers and punters are known to get a bit lazy

Berry was cut mainly for cap reasons in the first place and Colquitt was on the vet minimum so no real impact. Berry was in for a workout during the week so they will probably sign him to the practice squad and bring him up if needed. Let’s see how the new guy does on Sunday.

How do ye feel about the Titans? I don’t think the Steelers will let Henry take over the game but Titans have plenty other weapons with Brown, Smith etc and Tannehill is playing really well. Too close to call really but should be a great game.

I’m surprised they didn’t flex it to the late game after they had to move the Raiders. Not complaining as we get to watch at a decent hour.

Tits are one dimensional. Stop the run and force that terrible QB to feed us turnovers. I predict a bigger win than last week

• Advertisement

I think Tannehill is the danger and I think they'll win. Given this one or the Ravens game, the Ravens is much more important for the division. Hopefully it's close if it's a defeat or the narrative will be the Steelers were shown up..

A win is a bonus...

The broadcaster protected the game I think - everywhere in the country is getting the Steelers game except the Bengals/Browns in Ohio and Jets in NY

I’m going for a narrow Steelers win, less than seven points. I like this new game manager Ben that doesn’t throw the ball to the other team and the defence is good enough to keep Henry under control I think. Tennessee list their left tackle Lewan to an ACL last week which is a huge loss to them and should mean Bud has a favourable matchup.

Tennessee win would not surprise me however. I’m not sure the Steelers have a corner to match up to AJ Brown if Tannehill can get the ball to him.

I predict a bigger win than last week

I’ll have what your smoking.......

I hope your correct though. I think they’ll find it hard to stop Henry, if he’s on his game it’s a Titans win for me.

One thing is that the Texans really should've beaten them last week even with the Henry highlights.

Guess who’s back, back again, Jordan’s back, he’ll punt again..........

Guess who’s back, back again, Jordan’s back, he’ll punt again..........

Ugh.. I could live with Berry if he was just bang average. It’s the inconsistency that annoys me. He will be brilliant one moment and then kill you the next.

Ugh.. I could live with Berry if he was just bang average. It’s the inconsistency that annoys me. He will be brilliant one moment and then kill you the next.

We can’t have everything!!

We can’t have everything!!

It’s not that difficult to find an average to good punter. They should have sorted this in the offseason

Berry was very good last year until the fake punt (I think) against the Cardinals. That was the last win and very much a sign of what was to come in the final games for everyone.

• Advertisement

Yeah he was good last season before falling apart towards the end. Most of his time before that in previous years was very mixed though. You shouldn’t even notice the punter ideally.

Edit: fact I’m nit picking about a punter at this stage of the season is probably a good sign.

Advertisement