Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hse/Tulsa clerical officer competition 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Treatycat wrote: »
    A few expressions of interest have been offered in the Limerick panel over last 2 weeks 2 permanent and 1 term. Have other counties received expressions of interest also?

Yes Clare got 2 expressions over last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Australia33

Mala1313 wrote: »
    Yes Clare got 2 expressions over last couple of weeks.

Is this from the 2017 panel? Why are they interviewing in 2019 if 2017 panel still open? I don’t understand...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Treatycat

Is this from the 2017 panel? Why are they interviewing in 2019 if 2017 panel still open? I don’t understand...

Yes it is for the 2017 Panel - there was a huge panel formed and from what I can see I have only moved 10 places so therefore very few permanent jobs have been allocated. I didn't know they are interviewing again. Is that nationally or just your county

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Australia33

Treatycat wrote: »
    Yes it is for the 2017 Panel - there was a huge panel formed and from what I can see I have only moved 10 places so therefore very few permanent jobs have been allocated. I didn't know they are interviewing again. Is that nationally or just your county

Yes they have been interviewing all summer and I believe they are to be interviewing until the end of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I got a second Tipperary South 2 weeks ago.
    Permanent, full time in the ED of Clonmel hospital.

To thine own self be true

2017panel was created by HBS Recruitment and it is for HSE and Tusla. The new campaign that started in April is only for Tusla and run by Tusla. Panel will be created at the beginning of new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MariaLols

Hey all just wondering if you can shed some light on this..

I am currently a permanent employee of the HSE, having gone through the 2017 campaign and accepting a job offer from this. I am on part 2 of the salary scale.
    I have recently been offered another job from this same campaign in another county and am just wondering will I continue to be on part 2 of the salary scale if I accept the offer or will I have to start from the bottom of the salary scale. Also, I am due to increase to part 3 of the salary scale in February. Will I still get this increase in February if I accept the other job?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DMD72

Hi, has anyone any idea what number the Sligo /Leitrim panel is at? I got an "expression of interest" e-mail today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tringle

Im so annoyed with this campaign. Im in top 10 in my county. Only 2 permanent expressions of interest have been issued. Yet Unijobs are interviewing for specific roles in the county. They are telling people they are 12 month contracts but you will probably be kept on. A number of local positions have been filled by Unijobs.
    Why did Tusla need to open another campaign while we are all still waiting?

tringle wrote: »
    Im so annoyed with this campaign. Im in top 10 in my county. Only 2 permanent expressions of interest have been issued. Yet Unijobs are interviewing for specific roles in the county. They are telling people they are 12 month contracts but you will probably be kept on. A number of local positions have been filled by Unijobs.
    Why did Tusla need to open another campaign while we are all still waiting?

It's all because of the recruitment freeze. Only few departments can still recruit. Other departments are awaiting their budget plans review. According to my supervisor it's not going to change quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Benelson

I received an offer of a permanent job in Clare. I've started the process but no contract yet. I'm getting concerned about the recruitment freeze. I'm in a permanent position right now and nervous of moving. I'm considering it for location! Can any one advise?

Benelson wrote: »
    I received an offer of a permanent job in Clare. I've started the process but no contract yet. I'm getting concerned about the recruitment freeze. I'm in a permanent position right now and nervous of moving. I'm considering it for location! Can any one advise?

Hi can I just ask you what number were you on the panel?? The recruitment freeze does not apply to all HSE. You might have been offered one of the departments that has it's budget approved. Where are you going to be placed?

Hi can I just ask you what number were you on the panel?? The recruitment freeze does not apply to all HSE. You might have been offered one of the departments that has it's budget approved. Where are you going to be placed?

I was 6 on the panel from day one. I never expressed an interest in anything until this one. I’m just nervous of this recruitment freeze. I’ve been offered nothing since and if I don’t take it I’ll be off the panel

I was 6 on the panel from day one. I never expressed an interest in anything until this one. I’m just nervous of this recruitment freeze. I’ve been offered nothing since and if I don’t take it I’ll be off the panel

And when did you accept this offer? If it was lately then you should be pretty safe. And it all depends on the department.

And when did you accept this offer? If it was lately then you should be pretty safe. And it all depends on the department.

I got the offer 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marieky21

Don't panic you will be still going through the screening process. Did you get an email requesting your birth cert etc references Garda vetting. It will take another few weeks when they have everything they will email to tell you file has been passed to the contracting team and maybe a week later you will get a starter email where your new line mgr will contact you for a start date.

So I presume it's with environmental health. You will be fine-they are not on the recruitment freeze. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GearoidinM

I'm on the grade IV panel for Laois/Offaly and am hoping that once the freeze is eventually lifted there will be positions that need filling! What documents are asked for with the pre-employment clearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Murph29

Hi,

Does anyone know what number they're at roughly for Kerry? 2 posts advertised yesterday btw. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Ek1313

Hi is there Anyone here working with the HSE that is claiming mileage?? I am just wondering was there payment in December?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Luna99

Hi everyone,
    I've gone through the process of the references and sent in all the stamped documents etc but I haven't heard anything about a start date yet... Have you had a long wait time between these two stages or I suppose it could depend on the job itself?
    Also, I saw Garda clearance mentioned on the forms but I haven't been asked to do this yet. Is that a standard requirement too?
    All the questions... I am getting a bit anxious after all this time!
    Thanks

I recently started the process is very complicated and slow. It does depend on the department you are going to and the post you are filling. If it has suggested that you contact the line manager then do this, even as a courtesy to see the lie of the land. Also be aware that you have to work 11 days in Liue in the HSE. I did not know this and got caught out Christmas week.
    I didn't need to do garda vetting for some reason either. It took weeks for them to get back to me. Don't hand in your notice yet either because the start date could be months or weeks off. Best of luck

Movement again finally. Lets hope they dont close the panel soon

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Luna99

Thanks Benelson. I will have to contact them I think, so much waiting after the rush to get the documents sent off!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭etar

On the panel since 2017. Was each persons number on the panel notified by email or post as I can’t remember my number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

etar wrote: »
    On the panel since 2017. Was each persons number on the panel notified by email or post as I can’t remember my number

It was by post!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marieky21

etar wrote: »
    If you ring hbs Recruit in manorhamilton they will tell your place on the panel
    071 9820400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

Do you think they may interview again? Or are they only taking people from the panel?

Do you think they may interview again? Or are they only taking people from the panel?

The panel was only meant for one year, i was interviewed Easter 2018, in top 10 on panel and still waiting.

12 jobs in Cork so far today alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 bradley linemihler

Hi there,
    I am starting in tralee hospital as a clerical officer..I havnt been given a start day yet and i am passed the vetting stage after being on the panel since 2017. I am currently working as a TCO with department of social protection in cork. As I am living in cork i will probably try and get a lat outside tralee such as miltown or castleisland.
    just wondering what the pay is like and the work?
    any ideas much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭dulchie75

Hi for anyone who was offered a position how long did it take from pre employment clearance to when you actually started in your position? Thanks

dulchie75 wrote: »
    Hi for anyone who was offered a position how long did it take from pre employment clearance to when you actually started in your position? Thanks

I was offered my job in mid/late February, employment clearances started in mid March and I started the job in May. That was with them fast tracking things due to covid, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 1tsme

Have only just started following this thread again after a long break. I was on panels for Laois/Offaly and Longford/Westmeath. Delighted to say I got permanent role in council last year so am no longer interested in taking job in HSE.
    Laois/Offaly have sent a substantial number of expressions of interest since the panel was formed 2.5yrs ago. Quite a few were sent during lockdown. 2 today alone.
    Longford/Westmeath is a different kettle of fish! I've received 2 expressions of interest in 2yrs of the panel. I was hopeful of a position there as I was told by a staff member that there was a lot of vacancies to be filled. They've been filling them with temporary staff it seems.
    I understood the point of the HBS looking after the recruitment process was to make it a fair system. I don't believe now that this is the reality.

Best of luck to anyone still hoping to be placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jacla7

Does anyone know if you can find out your current position on a panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

Has anyone accepted a post within the last couple of months? Did you have to have your documents notarised? It didn’t say anything in the email and I assume that’s because of covid streamline process but maybe I’m mistaken and should’ve had them done? Haven’t heard back from hbsrecruit yet so hope it’s all ok

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

2017 post still active ????

L390 wrote: »
    2017 post still active ????
    Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Anyone know how long after the closing date to express interest until getting an actual job offer?

I expressed interest for a post on the 10th (closing date 15th) and received recommendation to proceed on the 22nd. Going through pre employment clearances at the moment so don’t know how long this will take with the streamlined process. Reaching contracting stage can take months as far as I know

• Advertisement

Has anyone accepted a post within the last couple of months? Did you have to have your documents notarised? It didn’t say anything in the email and I assume that’s because of covid streamline process but maybe I’m mistaken and should’ve had them done? Haven’t heard back from hbsrecruit yet so hope it’s all ok

I accepted a job back in Feb and went through the streamlined process, I didn't need to get anything notorised. It was all fairly painless, although make sure you do have your bits because its a short time line once they request them.

I accepted a job back in Feb and went through the streamlined process, I didn't need to get anything notorised. It was all fairly painless, although make sure you do have your bits because its a short time line once they request them.

Thanks I sent everything in and just waiting now to hear back. How long were you waiting for a start date after submitting your preemployment stuff? I got a call from occupational health the day after I submitted the form to them just going over some stuff on the from but that’s all I’ve heard since then.

Thanks I sent everything in and just waiting now to hear back. How long were you waiting for a start date after submitting your preemployment stuff? I got a call from occupational health the day after I submitted the form to them just going over some stuff on the from but that’s all I’ve heard since then.

I got a phone call from my new line manager at the stat of May asking when I'd be available to start. I had to give 2 weeks notice in my old place but probably could've started earlier.

One thing as well is they only wanted one reference from me before I started which they called and sorted, then the others a few weeks into the job.. Which I had to chase up myself, which was a bit hard because I hadn't worked there in nearly 10 years and the company didn't allow outside emails so it added in loads of extra steps in such a short time frame. It was probably the most stressful part for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TomH1988

Hi I received an email on the 23rd of September saying I was progressing to the final stage of screening (contracting) but I have heard nothing since. Is this normal?

TomH1988 wrote: »
    Hi I received an email on the 23rd of September saying I was progressing to the final stage of screening (contracting) but I have heard nothing since. Is this normal?

I got that email on 28th of August and only received my contract documents on the 16th of September, I think it can take even longer than that depending on how many are ahead of you to be processed

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TomH1988

I got that email on 28th of August and only received my contract documents on the 16th of September, I think it can take even longer than that depending on how many are ahead of you to be processed

Thanks. Good to know that it's normal enough to be held up. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SAHM2017

Anyone heard anything for Clare?? Any idea what position they’ve reached on the panel?

SAHM2017 wrote: »
    Anyone heard anything for Clare?? Any idea what position they’ve reached on the panel?
    An expression of intrtest came out yesterday for a position in Ennis. Its hard to know where they have reached cos you dont have to to take an offer. This could go to number 50 but 1 to 49 still on the panel

Hi does anyone know how the acting up allowance applies to clerical officers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Cassyx

Can’t believe the panel is still active , I’m in Kildare , a few expressions of interest out the last couple of weeks, can’t even remember where I was on the panel! Anyone know how I can find out? Don’t wanna be getting my hopes up !

Advertisement