Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hse/Tulsa clerical officer competition 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Luna99

Hi everyone,
    I've gone through the process of the references and sent in all the stamped documents etc but I haven't heard anything about a start date yet... Have you had a long wait time between these two stages or I suppose it could depend on the job itself?
    Also, I saw Garda clearance mentioned on the forms but I haven't been asked to do this yet. Is that a standard requirement too?
    All the questions... I am getting a bit anxious after all this time!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Benelson

I recently started the process is very complicated and slow. It does depend on the department you are going to and the post you are filling. If it has suggested that you contact the line manager then do this, even as a courtesy to see the lie of the land. Also be aware that you have to work 11 days in Liue in the HSE. I did not know this and got caught out Christmas week.
    I didn't need to do garda vetting for some reason either. It took weeks for them to get back to me. Don't hand in your notice yet either because the start date could be months or weeks off. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Movement again finally. Lets hope they dont close the panel soon

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Luna99

Thanks Benelson. I will have to contact them I think, so much waiting after the rush to get the documents sent off!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭etar

On the panel since 2017. Was each persons number on the panel notified by email or post as I can’t remember my number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

etar wrote: »
    On the panel since 2017. Was each persons number on the panel notified by email or post as I can’t remember my number

It was by post!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marieky21

etar wrote: »
    If you ring hbs Recruit in manorhamilton they will tell your place on the panel
    071 9820400

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

Do you think they may interview again? Or are they only taking people from the panel?

Do you think they may interview again? Or are they only taking people from the panel?

The panel was only meant for one year, i was interviewed Easter 2018, in top 10 on panel and still waiting.

12 jobs in Cork so far today alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 bradley linemihler

Hi there,
    I am starting in tralee hospital as a clerical officer..I havnt been given a start day yet and i am passed the vetting stage after being on the panel since 2017. I am currently working as a TCO with department of social protection in cork. As I am living in cork i will probably try and get a lat outside tralee such as miltown or castleisland.
    just wondering what the pay is like and the work?
    any ideas much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭dulchie75

Hi for anyone who was offered a position how long did it take from pre employment clearance to when you actually started in your position? Thanks

dulchie75 wrote: »
    Hi for anyone who was offered a position how long did it take from pre employment clearance to when you actually started in your position? Thanks

I was offered my job in mid/late February, employment clearances started in mid March and I started the job in May. That was with them fast tracking things due to covid, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 1tsme

Have only just started following this thread again after a long break. I was on panels for Laois/Offaly and Longford/Westmeath. Delighted to say I got permanent role in council last year so am no longer interested in taking job in HSE.
    Laois/Offaly have sent a substantial number of expressions of interest since the panel was formed 2.5yrs ago. Quite a few were sent during lockdown. 2 today alone.
    Longford/Westmeath is a different kettle of fish! I've received 2 expressions of interest in 2yrs of the panel. I was hopeful of a position there as I was told by a staff member that there was a lot of vacancies to be filled. They've been filling them with temporary staff it seems.
    I understood the point of the HBS looking after the recruitment process was to make it a fair system. I don't believe now that this is the reality.

Best of luck to anyone still hoping to be placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jacla7

Does anyone know if you can find out your current position on a panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

Has anyone accepted a post within the last couple of months? Did you have to have your documents notarised? It didn’t say anything in the email and I assume that’s because of covid streamline process but maybe I’m mistaken and should’ve had them done? Haven’t heard back from hbsrecruit yet so hope it’s all ok

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

2017 post still active ????

L390 wrote: »
    2017 post still active ????
    Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭podge3

Anyone know how long after the closing date to express interest until getting an actual job offer?

I expressed interest for a post on the 10th (closing date 15th) and received recommendation to proceed on the 22nd. Going through pre employment clearances at the moment so don’t know how long this will take with the streamlined process. Reaching contracting stage can take months as far as I know

• Advertisement

Has anyone accepted a post within the last couple of months? Did you have to have your documents notarised? It didn’t say anything in the email and I assume that’s because of covid streamline process but maybe I’m mistaken and should’ve had them done? Haven’t heard back from hbsrecruit yet so hope it’s all ok

I accepted a job back in Feb and went through the streamlined process, I didn't need to get anything notorised. It was all fairly painless, although make sure you do have your bits because its a short time line once they request them.

I accepted a job back in Feb and went through the streamlined process, I didn't need to get anything notorised. It was all fairly painless, although make sure you do have your bits because its a short time line once they request them.

Thanks I sent everything in and just waiting now to hear back. How long were you waiting for a start date after submitting your preemployment stuff? I got a call from occupational health the day after I submitted the form to them just going over some stuff on the from but that’s all I’ve heard since then.

Thanks I sent everything in and just waiting now to hear back. How long were you waiting for a start date after submitting your preemployment stuff? I got a call from occupational health the day after I submitted the form to them just going over some stuff on the from but that’s all I’ve heard since then.

I got a phone call from my new line manager at the stat of May asking when I'd be available to start. I had to give 2 weeks notice in my old place but probably could've started earlier.

One thing as well is they only wanted one reference from me before I started which they called and sorted, then the others a few weeks into the job.. Which I had to chase up myself, which was a bit hard because I hadn't worked there in nearly 10 years and the company didn't allow outside emails so it added in loads of extra steps in such a short time frame. It was probably the most stressful part for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TomH1988

Hi I received an email on the 23rd of September saying I was progressing to the final stage of screening (contracting) but I have heard nothing since. Is this normal?

TomH1988 wrote: »
    Hi I received an email on the 23rd of September saying I was progressing to the final stage of screening (contracting) but I have heard nothing since. Is this normal?

I got that email on 28th of August and only received my contract documents on the 16th of September, I think it can take even longer than that depending on how many are ahead of you to be processed

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TomH1988

I got that email on 28th of August and only received my contract documents on the 16th of September, I think it can take even longer than that depending on how many are ahead of you to be processed

Thanks. Good to know that it's normal enough to be held up. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SAHM2017

Anyone heard anything for Clare?? Any idea what position they’ve reached on the panel?

SAHM2017 wrote: »
    Anyone heard anything for Clare?? Any idea what position they’ve reached on the panel?
    An expression of intrtest came out yesterday for a position in Ennis. Its hard to know where they have reached cos you dont have to to take an offer. This could go to number 50 but 1 to 49 still on the panel

Hi does anyone know how the acting up allowance applies to clerical officers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Cassyx

Can’t believe the panel is still active , I’m in Kildare , a few expressions of interest out the last couple of weeks, can’t even remember where I was on the panel! Anyone know how I can find out? Don’t wanna be getting my hopes up !

Advertisement