Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 03-10-2020 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Anyone having problems trying to buy a 'membership' from 48.
    Their site continually returns the message 'transaction failed'.
    I have tried different cards, browsers etc to no avail.
    Their web chat help was useless & I can't seem to find a number to talk to anyone.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

bodonnell wrote: »
    Their web chat help was useless & I can't seem to find a number to talk to anyone.

The price is predicated on no support. Its all self service. If you feel like you need to be able to call your Telco go with Three instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭DeconSheridan

Hi folks,

TIA

I ported to 48 last week and had issues buying a membership. "Service unavailable at this time". One issue I noticed was after porting the old number was still on the 48 account. The rep changed this and it resolved the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

I am not even porting a number. This has been going on since 17/09.
    Had another 'web chat' Tuesday 6th, my case escalated (whatever that's supposed to mean).
    Still nothing, something wrong with my account is all I've gotten from them so far.
    When you say 'rep', did you actually get to talk with a person ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Have you tried the gift shop?
    https://48.ie/gift-shop

If that doesn't work then just order another SIM, either a recruit SIM from within my48 or set up a new login email and order from there. In fact do either/both of those to ensure you can avail of the 7.99 deal by 10th November in case you can't get current SIM sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

Hi folks,

TIA

Just had this issue this morning with my daughters application. Transaction processing. I did transfer my own Virgin sim on Monday and that process went smoothly (need to add a zero to the start of virgin account number as 48 needs 6 digits) and I'm very happy with the service since hence all my family are moving. I've requested the number to be moved and now I have to wait for that process to complete before I can buy a membership but the juice is worth the squeeze :)

UPDATE Tried it again just now and all went grand. Porting only took 30 mins or so and transaction went through fine so all good now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

Hi folks,

TIA

Same problem here,seems to be a issue for some since they updated their 48 website,I use a friends phone who has Vodafone to get on to my48 and top up no problem from their phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭DeconSheridan

I am not even porting a number. This has been going on since 17/09.
    Had another 'web chat' Tuesday 6th, my case escalated (whatever that's supposed to mean).
    Still nothing, something wrong with my account is all I've gotten from them so far.
    When you say 'rep', did you actually get to talk with a person ?

It was on CS webchat. It was not great tbh.

@ Tenpin
    Thanks for suggestion re gift shop.
    Just tried it & same result, transaction failed.
    Will just have to wait on 48

Got it sorted finally !
    Ordered another sim & started from scratch, everything went ok this time.
    Was on webchat last week again & was told my previous scenario had been escalated, for all the good that done.

Anyway, hooked up now to find 4g speeds barely making 3mbps down while I'm getting almost 40mbps with gomo.
    Anyone else getting poor speeds, I'm in a good 4g signal area supposedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lydsie

Hi guys,
    I m new to the 48 network. Did anyone manage to get the sim working in a modem or is that blocked? The sim works fine in my phone but won't work in my modem.

Sorry, if this question has been answered before.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi guys,
    I m new to the 48 network. Did anyone manage to get the sim working in a modem or is that blocked? The sim works fine in my phone but won't work in my modem.

Sorry, if this question has been answered before.

Thanks.

Turn off SIM PIN in phone settings before putting in moden. Some modems may still need SIM PIN entered in settings but in most cases disabling it in phone should suffice.

Make sure the APN is entered in the modem settings...

48months.liffeytelecom.com

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Turn off SIM PIN in phone settings before putting in moden. Some modems may still need SIM PIN entered in settings but in most cases disabling it in phone should suffice.

Make sure the APN is entered in the modem settings...

48months.liffeytelecom.com

That worked. Thank you so much.

lydsie wrote: »
    That worked. Thank you so much.
    Well, I was on the pigs back for a day or two and it has stopped working. I tried configuring the apn and all the settings seem correct but there is still no Internet connection.

Wonder if there is something silly I am not going?

Thank you in advance.

Panic averted!! It was an issue with the apn. As three is the provider of 48 I thought it was ok too see three on the network setting in the modem. I had a moment of clarity this morning. Thanks for listening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Ordered the sim a few months ago and activated it but never bought a membership. Decided to do it today but there's no €7.99 deal showing, the cheapest is €9.99?

On their website it says if you activate between September and January you can avail of the €7.99 deal but it's not showing? Customer service was useless.

Ordered the sim a few months ago and activated it but never bought a membership. Decided to do it today but there's no €7.99 deal showing, the cheapest is €9.99?

On their website it says if you activate between September and January you can avail of the €7.99 deal but it's not showing? Customer service was useless.

If it was ordered before the 7.99 deal started then it will only show the plans available then.

The only way to get it now is order another SIM.

Advertisement