Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switching time to another provider / downtime ?

• 23-09-2020 9:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm currently with vodafone on FTTH (500 mbps) just out of contract so now paying €65.

I see sky are doing 500mbps FTTH for €30.

Does anyone know the best way to cancel vodafone and get online with sky?

Should I just sign up with Sky and then let them install and then cancel vodafone?

I dont want too much down time as I'm working from home. Has anyone gone through the process ?

thanks,

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

mada999 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm currently with vodafone on FTTH (500 mbps) just out of contract so now paying €65.

Should I just sign up with Sky and then let them install and then cancel vodafone?

I dont want too much down time as I'm working from home. Has anyone gone through the process ?

thanks,

Give Sky your Vodafone UAN and they'll organise the switch. If they tell you they don't need the UAN, that's a red flag.

With the UAN it's an electronic switch and you just need to plug in the Sky router; next to no downtime. Without the UAN a KNIS tech will be sent out and he'll have to break the rules to connect you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Give Sky your Vodafone UAN and they'll organise the switch. If they tell you they don't need the UAN, that's a red flag.

With the UAN it's an electronic switch and you just need to plug in the Sky router; next to no downtime. Without the UAN a KNIS tech will be sent out and he'll have to break the rules to connect you.

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭dam099

Hi all,

thanks,

Have you been in contact with Vodafone about re-contracting for another 12 months? They may not go to €30 (though its worth asking and flagging the Sky alternative) but likely would do a deal for less than €65.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

dam099 wrote: »
    Have you been in contact with Vodafone about re-contracting for another 12 months? They may not go to €30 (though its worth asking and flagging the Sky alternative) but likely would do a deal for less than €65.

yup was on to them.... best they could do was 55.... nah....went with sky so...

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

Hi, can you please tell me if you signed up with sjy online or over the phone? I'm with Vodafone myself and want to join sky. I've tried signing up online without any success. I've entered my uan but my crn number never works.

• Advertisement

I've never understood why some providers insist on a CRN for a switch. They can look up the CRN from the UAN on open eir's systems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

You can look up the CRN from the UAN on open eir's systems.

Do you have a link to this?

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Do you have a link to this?

When I say "you", I mean "operators". It's a QA order on UG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

When I say "you", I mean "operators". It's a QA order on UG.

I had it sent when i thought "DOH"!

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Mav11

mixed up wrote: »
    Hi, can you please tell me if you signed up with sjy online or over the phone? I'm with Vodafone myself and want to join sky. I've tried signing up online without any success. I've entered my uan but my crn number never works.

How did you get on with the switch? I'm thinking of doing the same (VF to Sky broadband only) shortly and wondering how you found the process and product. Thanks Mav

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

yup was on to them.... best they could do was 55.... nah....went with sky so...

Vodafone used to be great for keeping a customer who was leaving for a better price. This year, they seem to think a fiver off will entice you

TheDriver wrote: »
    Vodafone used to be great for keeping a customer who was leaving for a better price. This year, they seem to think a fiver off will entice you

Not even being offered the fiver, so I'm moving. Anybody have any experience of Sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Billythekid19

Mav11 wrote: »
    Not even being offered the fiver, so I'm moving. Anybody have any experience of Sky?

When I was living in an apartment it took sky 4/5 weeks to set up broadband and tv. There was always an excuse like the technician couldnt get into the apt block or they couldnt find the correct vonnection point. When moving out I reckon it took between 12-15 phone calls emails ect just to actually get the accounts closed. As the sky custome service is atrocious, Id pay extra for another company provided they have decent customer service.

When I was living in an apartment it took sky 4/5 weeks to set up broadband and tv. There was always an excuse like the technician couldnt get into the apt block or they couldnt find the correct vonnection point. When moving out I reckon it took between 12-15 phone calls emails ect just to actually get the accounts closed. As the sky custome service is atrocious, Id pay extra for another company provided they have decent customer service.

Not so sure that any of the providers have decent customer service now. They all seem to be the same, p*ss poor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Mav11 wrote: »

I got annoyed with VF so I decided to look around and it was refreshing to have a few companies that were looking for the business (as opposed to a door to door sales person) and replies came quickly and the phone was answered. No messing etc. A good few have a presence here too.
    Airwire/digiweb/pure etc etc. I don't see myself going back to vodafone ever when switching in the future, they have gone as bad as eir for getting through to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lolkek

I am trying to switch from Vodafone Siro 1GB Broadband to Pure Telecom Siro 1GB Broadband.
    Lots of headaches and im already out of any internet connection because of the switch. Does anyone have any experience with Pure Telecom when it comes to switching? How long does it take?

I received the modem, plugged it in, all good but no internet. Called them many many times but it seems they are all reading off scripts and they wont give any information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Have you tried Digiweb? Excellent customer service.

Advertisement