Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 wifi drivers

Options
  • 21-05-2020 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭

When I go to update wifi drivers and select to choose from my computer I see a list of 'generic' drivers. Is there any way to reveal the real driver versions of the ones displayed here?

513722.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,291 ✭✭✭AllForIt

'untick' show compatible drivers will list more drivers if there are any.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Correct me if wrong, but these are available drivers on your system you're offered to load/use.

List of drivers(PS as admin):
    Get-WindowsDriver -Online -All | select ProviderName, ClassName, Date, Version | sort ProviderName (or | sort ClassName)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Thanks for the tips, seems like you have to jump through some hoops to get basic information on driver versions. Would be nice just to right click on each listed driver and get the information or have it included in the listed driver description. Well, it is Microsoft I suppose :).

You can see details about current loaded/used driver from device manager.
    Different story re other available...
    What is the need anyway?

• Advertisement

You can see details about current loaded/used driver from device manager.
    Different story re other available...
    What is the need anyway?

Every now and again I get an update pushed to the device and it only works with older drivers. I have to play whack-a-mole to load the old driver back.

degsie wrote: »
    Every now and again I get an update pushed to the device and it only works with older drivers. I have to play whack-a-mole to load the old driver back.
    Enjoying Win10 ? :D

dupe

See if this suites
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10
    Keep in mind, this will effect all/any hardware driver updates...

Advertisement