Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

American sub threads on all forums.

Options
2»

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The only reason threads dominate the front page(s) is they are popular. If posters want to post in such threads then why not allow them. If posters generally do not post in such threads they will quickly drop down and off the front page

If it was the same 2 or 3 posters starting and dominating such threads there may be an argument to consolidate them. Looking at the forum at Present though, on the front page (with my settings) is one on Joe Biden (with something like 250 different posters contributing) , and another on a recent shooting )getting on for 150 different posters)

It may well be that some of the top posters in such threads are the same, but it appears to me that these threads attract a wide variety of posters and indeed opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Beasty wrote: »
    If it was the same 2 or 3 posters starting and dominating such threads there may be an argument to consolidate them. Looking at the forum at Present though, on the front page (with my settings) is one on Joe Biden (with something like 250 different posters contributing) , and another on a recent shooting )getting on for 150 different posters)

It may well be that some of the top posters in such threads are the same, but it appears to me that these threads attract a wide variety of posters and indeed opinions

I suggest that you go into the Biden thread and constuctively criticise his policies and you will quickly see that there is most certainly not a wide variety of opinions.

Or better still, try going into the Trump thread and legitimately argue the case for Trump and see what sort of a welcome you get from the wide variety of opinioned posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,149 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I suggest that you go into the Biden thread and constuctively criticise his policies and you will quickly see that there is most certainly not a wide variety of opinions.

Or better still, try going into the Trump thread and legitimately argue the case for Trump and see what sort of a welcome you get from the wide variety of opinioned posters.

posting a gif of Tom Cruise laughing is not constructive criticism.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement