Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic shed - yes or no?

Options
  • 15-03-2021 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey there,

I've never had a garden nor a shed.. I want to make sure I choose the right one, but clearly I need help.
    After spending days and days and days... online looking for a shed I've narrowed it down to 2 options -a 6ft x 8ft wooden shed OR a same size plastic shed. The price is almost the same, however I was told by a gardener, that a concrete base would be needed for both since my garden is new and very soft. The concrete base + building up the shed would cost 1,500 EUR. A bit pricy for me, but maybe it is the regular price for concrete base + labor.

Pro & Con wooden shed:
    * looking nice :)
    * annual maintenance :(
    Pro & Con plastic shed:
    * no maintenance needed :)
    * no window on the side and grey :(

I have a disability and I won't be able to paint the wooden shed annually, I would need to pay somebody to do that.

Question:
    * does anyone have a plastic shed? If yes, what is the experience so far?
    * Ireland (Portlaois to be specific) can be rather windy. Would the plastic shed "survive"?
    * do you know if the plastic shed could be painted (to add some nice touch to a grey shed)?

Thank you very much for any help and advise. :)
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

Advertisement