Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Candy F/F won't turn off

• 23-04-2013 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭

As title says I have a Candy F/F that will not shut off and runs constantly. Only seems to affect fridge part but hard to be sure. A lot of ice builds up on the back wall of the fridge.

So far I have ..
    1. Cleaned outlet/evaporation pipe at back of fridge,
    2. Hoovered cooling fins at back,
    3. Scraped ice off back of fridge, just reforms,
    4. Replaced thermostat with a new one.

None of the above have made any difference. Anyone with any other ideas. F/F is about 13 years old so getting someone out to look at it is probably not economically viable.

Compressor is getting very hot so that is my main concern at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

if replacing the stat didnt cure it you have a refrigerant leak, especially as you say it is building up ice, the reason it runs and wont cut out is that being short of gas it does not freeze enough of the evap plate to trip out the stat, replacement time

Advertisement