Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Piano black trim - damage

Options
  • 11-11-2019 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

I'm sure we're all in the same boat here on hating this trim that's shoved into every car these days

I've come across another issue today, the auld dash cam seems to have lost suction on the windscreen, dropping onto the piano black trim under the infotainment screen and taking a nice little chip out of it 🙄.

Same size as you'd find a regular stone chip on the exterior paintwork. Do as I might I cannot unsee this now.....

Is there anything that can be done here for a DIY job without having to order a new surround? I've searched high and wide on Google and come out with nothing to show...hoping someone knows of a handy filler etc to use here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Goose81

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    I'm sure we're all in the same boat here on hating this trim that's shoved into every car these days

I've come across another issue today, the auld dash cam seems to have lost suction on the windscreen, dropping onto the piano black trim under the infotainment screen and taking a nice little chip out of it 🙄.

Same size as you'd find a regular stone chip on the exterior paintwork. Do as I might I cannot unsee this now.....

Is there anything that can be done here for a DIY job without having to order a new surround? I've searched high and wide on Google and come out with nothing to show...hoping someone knows of a handy filler etc to use here

What car is it and what piece of trim? You could probably buy one on eBay

• Registered Users Posts: 23,276 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

It's a nice finish when pristine but impossible to keep. I don't know how you can repair it.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Goose81 wrote: »
    What car is it and what piece of trim? You could probably buy one on eBay

It's a golf, mk7.5 though. Seems to be plenty options for Mk7. Struggling to find anything for the facelift version bar a full all in one system including the screen. Worth contacting a main dealer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    It's a golf, mk7.5 though. Seems to be plenty options for Mk7. Struggling to find anything for the facelift version bar a full all in one system including the screen. Worth contacting a main dealer?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32896067948.html

Or why not do what all the cool kids do and plastdip it in the same colour as the car exterior?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Dia_Anseo wrote: »
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32896067948.html

Or why not do what all the cool kids do and plastdip it in the same colour as the car exterior?

You are a saint, AliExpress never popped into my head to even check. I'd love a white trim around the screen and vents alright :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement