Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easiest way to paint furniture without sanding?

Options
  • 12-11-2019 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I have a hall bench that I would like to paint. I have a young baby as well as older kids so realistically I know I’m not going to have the time to sand every little part of it.

What paint would people recommend for easy painting of furniture that ideally doesn’t require sanding? I have heard mixed things about chalk paint. I don’t really like the distressed look and I don’t want the stain of the original stain colour showing through. It is currently Mexican pine which has a wood stain on it.

Thank you for for any advice!

Comments

What colour is the bench?
    For damaged mahogany desk in our house I bought mahogany markers in the package in a hardware store. Not really professional restoration more cosmetic but does the job.
    I don't have pics to post, maybe if you put up pics people might be able to help out

Advertisement