Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

Is there any difference in features between the 42 mm and 46 mm version

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭HelpImAlive

kala85 wrote: »

No think the 46mm has a slightly better water resistance is all.. I have the 42mm which is great

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

The 46 has a better battery. It lasts longer than the 42.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Skerries wrote: »

How much were these originally.

Have they come down much in price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭JP85

Slightly off topic but i got the fossil gen 4 mens and womens watch for €111 each in kildare village at the weekend. This has the google software rather than the samsung version

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

JP85 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but i got the fossil gen 4 mens and womens watch for €111 each in kildare village at the weekend. This has the google software rather than the samsung version

What versions did they have?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

j14 wrote: »
    The 46 has a better battery. It lasts longer than the 42.

the 46 has a much bigger battery. almost twice as big. I get 4 days between charging with mine. If the 46mm is not too big for your wrist definitely get the 46mm.

ETA if you are buying one you need to budget for a different strap. the rubber strap that comes with them is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah I had to replace the strap on mine as it was giving me a rash which is a known problem with it

I went with this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07NRGCRQB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Skerries wrote: »
    yeah I had to replace the strap on mine as it was giving me a rash which is a known problem with it

I went with this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07NRGCRQB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just as an FYI to anybody that clicks on that link, that is a 20mm strap for the 42mm version of the galaxy watch. If you are looking for a replacement strap for the 46mm version you need a 22mm strap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭JP85

1jcdub wrote: »
    What versions did they have?

They only seemed to have Gen 4 male and female

They only seemed to have Gen 4 male and female

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Is Garmin forerunner watch better than Samsung 46 mm? I am looking to measure sports activity only, a smart watch which can automatically select different types of exercises on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Samsung pay doesn’t work in Ireland and you can’t download google pay, so if you want to use your watch to pay at the til, you can’t.
    Might be worth considering before you buy.

Is there any difference between samsung galaxy watch active 2 and samsung galaxy watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

What shop in kildare village? You able to buy from there online at that price?

Is there any difference between samsung galaxy watch active 2 and samsung galaxy watch.

A slightly better heart rate sensor on the active and an ECG sensor. The battery life in the galaxy watch is better.
    Bought a galaxy watch 46mm the other day. 60e cheaper than the 44mm active 2
    But now decided to return the unopened galaxy watch and buy the active 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Pardon my ignorance, but will Revolut work on the Active2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Soarer wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance, but will Revolut work on the Active2?
    No but it will work on Fitbit charge if you get a revolut mastercard(premium account)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

No but it will work on Fitbit charge if you get a revolut mastercard(premium account)

Balls, thanks.

Was hoping to get herself a Samsung to tie in with her Galaxy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sysmod

Just got 42mm rose gold for 209 in a Euronics shop

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭garyfleming7

Are these watches good for running or would you be better off with a Garman?

Advertisement