Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late bars?

Options
  • 30-06-2015 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Hi,

what's the story with late bars in Galway on Thursday/friday nights - do many bars serve til late or should I be expecting closing around 11.30?

I don't see any recent threads on Galway pubs other than stags/hens which is not the vibe I'm looking for so posting in hope of some up-to-date info...

Will be in town this Thursday and friday as a gang of six guys all around 40-ish - most of the group are tourists on a short trip to Ireland.

We'll hit some of the landmark pubs like Neachtains, The Quays, Tig Coili or wherever happens to take our fancy.

Just want to have an idea of good places to head for some late night drinking.

Club-type venues also an option...

All suggestions welcome :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

As I said, we're mostly tourists so also (somewhat) interested in cheesy touristy night out options that are always busy and a bit of craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

Sounds like The Quays is what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Aye, Quays upstairs after downstairs close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

As far as I know the front door and dail are 2 am opening every night .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

busker brownes is open late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

The quays has live music upstairs and stays open late.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Look around the Quay street area. There's a good few late bars around there.

Advertisement