Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bridge Roadworks

Options
  • 25-06-2015 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭

Was going over the new bridge at 11am and there was guys laying down bollards on the outside lane heading West closing that lane, since then 3 hours later nothing has taken place there but it is causing traffic chaos for cars trying to go over the bridge heading West, traffic on the Tuam Road and Bothar Na Drab inbound is bumper to bumper, the funny thing is if you are heading Eastbound over the Bridge there are signs telling you the outside Eastbound lane is closed. is there any info on these roadworks, unbelievable can only happen in Galway.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Hey, those cones need somewhere to go! They can't sit inside all summer long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Still there at 1430.

No delays at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭ballinadog

Line Markings on the Road were being repainted...

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

Where's this new bridge you speak of?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

boardzz wrote: »

I was wondering had they started the new new bridge so I was disappointed to find out it was work on the old new bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Traffic has been so light recently, I thought there was a new bridge. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,713 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

boardzz wrote: »

A bit up the river from the old one:

3109825_d2f83794.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Come on people even I call it the new bridge, the rest of our bridges are hundreds of years old and it's going to be like that for years to come

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Aerohead wrote: »
    Come on people even I call it the new bridge, the rest of our bridges are hundreds of years old and it's going to be like that for years to come

I've been living here for 10 years and I've never heard anyone call it the new bridge. As much of a mouthful as it is, it's always been the Quincentenary Bridge to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

^^ Blow-in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

maki wrote: »
    I've been living here for 10 years and I've never heard anyone call it the new bridge. As much of a mouthful as it is, it's always been the Quincentenary Bridge to me.

It's Quincentennial

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

We just call it "the bridge" normally. Have always said the Quincentennial bridge if referring to it by name however.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Quincentennial or Quincentenary... People can call it whatever they like.

It's a bridge. Get over it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,956 ✭✭✭thesandeman

On your bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Mearings

Quincentennial or Quincentenary... People can call it whatever they like.

Superquin?

Advertisement