Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the moon....

• 13-09-2002 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

based on your interpretation of the evidence and your general sense, the moonlandings; the greatest technological feat to date, or the biggest governmental and political deceit in history?

in other words, did it happen, or no?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Of course it happened. :)

There's just no real point in going back until we can self-sustain ourselves there, which there are efforts underway to acheive (recycling water etc).

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭preytec

well it realy dosn't matter to me if they did it or not, plus i don't care anyway
    but plz tell me what you think ohgratuitous, i just think your very funny and this should be a good one, so let it rip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ohgratuitous

i’m still trying to decide really. part of me thinks that neither NASA nor the american government would have been so short-sighted or naive to manufacture it given that they had researched and must have known about things like the alleged impenetrability of the atmosphere surrounding the earth, for example. therefore, i can’t honestly believe that they would have risked faking it knowing that there was a possibility that as more work was done and more was learned, it would have been proved impossible. but that still doesn’t say that it did happen.

so, it could also have been a very clever political manoeuvre given the relations between the USA and the soviet union at the time. also, the evidence (at least any that i am familiar with) is damning and has not been refuted convincingly by either NASA or the american government.

really, i just it’s one of the best conspiracy theories ever and that’s why i put it out there.

also,
    tell me what you think ohgratuitous, i just think your very funny and this should be a good one, so let it rip
    i’m not quite sure what to think of that, but i have been called worse on here!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by ohgratuitous
    based on your interpretation of the evidence and your general sense, the moonlandings; the greatest technological feat to date, or the biggest governmental and political deceit in history?

in other words, did it happen, or no?
    It happened, Buzz wouldn't lie to us.

The evidence I've seen from the conspiracy lobby is scant at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'd say the first one or two didnt happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Of course Buzz Lightyear landed on the moon :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I believe they did... i find most of the so called evidence of a conspiracy comical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Actually the evidence for the faking of the moon landings is fairly solid i think. im not going to type it all out but im sure i can find a page or two with some of the facts
    funniest one is the rock with "C" on it , or the two places that are supposed to be 20 miles apart but when you super impose them on each other they are the exact hill.:D
    Personnally i dont know if they did or not, there is evidence for both,
    bomb:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

They landed.

There is a private mission to map the moon next year, and the chinese goverment is talking about sending probes to the moon, this should sort out truth, but I guess it will just lead to more silly theorys :D

The above is the strangest pieace of evidence, its claimed that the US gov spent millions and millions of pounds faking the moon landings, but where too tight to money on different backdrops for them :D

Theres a web site that lists all the logical facts about the so called evidence that the fake landing people provide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by tactical anni
    Of course Buzz Lightyear landed on the moon :rolleyes:
    Or Buzz Aldrin. The elder Buzz. Are they related? Through the Ballinasloe Buzzes perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

There was a story in the paper the other day about how Buzz Aldrin belted a guy doing a tv documentary who confronted him with his belief there was no moon landing.Aldrin refused to put his hand on the bible the guy had with him and swear it,so instead boxed him and did a legger.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by Ping Chow Chi
    Theres a web site that lists all the logical facts about the so called evidence that the fake landing people provide.

http://www.redzero.demon.co.uk/moonhoax/
    it did happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Personally I don't believe the first moon landing in 1969 happened. But the fact of the matter is that we're NEVER going to be privy to this inside information if indeed it is the case. Imagine the world was told tommorow that the landings were fake? Everyone would start questioning all kinds of beliefs and there would be pandamonium on a global scale.

And as Preytec alluded to anyone who questions the moon landings usually comes off sounding ridiculous and instead of adding fuel to the theory of a faked moonlanding all these internet conspiracy theories have only added weight to the legitimacy of the landing because most of the theories out there are so ill-constructed and wildly speculative.

But just remember that the vast majority of people once believed the world was flat and if it wasn't for minorities to question these 'absolute truths' then we'd still be living in the dark ages.

ok then, how about this one
    you know the way you can only is one side of the moon? Well there’s a secret military base on the far side of the moon, that’s why nasa have stopped letting videos, recorded in space, out to the public. because some evidence was caught on tape and people were asking questions that nasa didn’t want to answer, plus do you not think it’s odd that nasa, the earths front line into space exploration, has no policy on first contract…humm maybe they don’t need one, think about it
    also (back to the moon) that’s why the US government spent so much researching microwaves, so a moon base would use up as little oxygen as possible, fire just would not do for cooking in space, but they said that it was for the next generation of anti-tank weapons,
    plus mathematicians have worked out that the stealth-bomber’s engines just don’t have the trust to fly such a bird, which leads back to the question, were the Nazis working on an anti-gravity device at the same time when they were making the atom bomb and the jet plan???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yeah and how about this, which is what I heard:
    The FBi actually have a fingerprint team all around the world to take fingerprints of everybody and they correlate that with their database of people. This team of fingerprinters find prints on everything they see, they go into clothes shops and dust the buttons, they go into restaurant kitchens and dust the dirty glasses, they go into celebrity wine tasting soirees and dust the noses. They are everywhere but d'you know why you cant see them?? Because they are aliens. They are aliens wearing stealth bomber clothes. They are aliens wearing stealth bomber clothes working for the FBI for a global fingerprint database. Or as I like to call them AWSBCWFTFBIFAGFD. Catchy huh. So just be careful because the FBI know you are out there, they know what you are doing and they are ready for you to make a mistake, and it's all thanks to: AWSBCWFTFBIFAGFD

That link was pretty good by the way. Here is a link of a guy proposing hoax proof and a guy shooting all his ideas down, it's quite funny. arf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I want to believe :(

or what everyone now a days takes for granted, smoke alarms, yes that’s right, these over looked mod-con are no other than the words smallest nuke, look for yourself, open any nuke/ sorry I mean smoke alarm and you see the big black thing (the bomb), there’s a radioactive sign on it, y? coz Taiwan are holding the USA to ransom , they said that if china ever got Taiwan back, they’d flip the switch, or if they ever lost control over the smoke alarm market, or if this went public

Oo no I just made it public, it’s only a mater of time now, sorry about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

my cats name is mittens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

i just cant believe there are people who think the moon landings were fake :)

Lads, ive got some air for sale, going cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

me thinks man has done everything but take a crap on the moon(which i can see happening in the not too distant future).

Russia nearly bankrupt itself trying to hurl the first man into space, Captain America comes along not wanting to be outdone and lands The Buzzster, Neil and some other guy on the moon.

Or did the inhabitants of the United States hoax a moon landing to beat the natives of Russia to that lucrative spot in history with some tinfoil, biscuit tins, bogroll, cereal boxes and the guy who makes the noises from police academy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Well the American government have done worse things than pretend to land on the moon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well it sure is easier to fake than do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

This is what the Humanities crew thought about this topic:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21263

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21308

Also worth a look is this site (mentioned in the second link above by --Kaiser--) which has links to two sites, one backing the landing, one against.

http://www.cen.uiuc.edu/~akapadia/moon.html

It's teh funneh

Advertisement