Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NY Lotto Numbers

Options
  • 12-09-2002 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭

Taken from sky
    NY Lotto Comes Up 9-1-1

New York lottery players were left open-mouthed when the numbers on the anniversary of September 11 came out as 9-1-1.

In another spooky coincidence, Wall Street was shocked when the Standard & Poor's 500 futures contract closed at 911.00.

The Americans refer to September as 9-11, representing the ninth month followed by the 11th day.

Random

The New York Lottery selects three balls from numbers nine to zero circulating in a machine. Three levers are pressed and the balls are brought up into a tube and displayed.

A spokeswoman said the numbers were picked in the standard random fashion using all the same protocols.

Carolyn Hapeman said: "The numbers were picked. It's just the way the numbers came up."

Officials say they will not know until later how many people played those numbers or the total payout.

Last Updated: 12:25 UK, Thursday September 12, 2002

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Mercury

screenshot from http://www.lotery.com

lottery1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Saw that on the news today ... very strange and funny thing to happen. Although, the whole thing might of been rigged.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

I'd like to know how many people played and won! I imagine a lot of people in NY played the # yesterday, can u imagine the pay out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

odd to say the least, but such is life...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

heard that the payout was $500 each for about 5000 people

fairly sure anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

http://www.nylottery.org/press/press.php?id=3918

"September 11, 2002 NUMBERS Evening Payouts - 14,878 Winners Share $4,999,990 in Prizes"

$336 each :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

It's also kinda sppoky that 911 is the phone number for Firefighters, and 300 died on 9-11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Not really Popinfresh. 911 is famous all over the world as being the emergency service number in america due to Hollywood no doubt and imo Bin laden chose september 11th for this reason as an added FCUK YUO to america. Though I may well be wrong.

Ry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

of course, in a lot of the world that day would be referred to as 11-9, including ireland :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

I was in new york on 9-11 2002 (last week)

did you guys over here see the torn flag?
    a huge american flag was put up on the big black building beside ground zero (a bank if i remmeber correctly). The flag was put up last october, and after 11 months it finally gets split in tw by the wind on September 11th 2002.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

marc = conspiracy theorist

if you get 9 ounces of salt and 11 ounces of pepper and mix them together and then spill it on a flat surface it forms a wierd stripes/stars pattern

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by SpiraL
    and imo Bin laden chose september 11th for this reason as an added FCUK YUO to america. Though I may well be wrong.
    It was the anniversary of previous attacks.

Advertisement