Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The formation of the next government.

• 11-02-2020 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Now that the results are in it is clear the majority of voters want a left leaning government.

Surely this should mean that FF FG have no mandate to enter government and should not enter a government with SF. If you feel this way and voted for either FF or FG I would recommend letting them know this.

info@fiannafail.ie
    finegael@finegael.ie

It is also also time for Leo and Michael to step down as leaders and allow a new approach for both parties. I expect vanity will be the motivator for Michael Martin as he wont want to be the first FF leader not to become Taoiseach.

It will be interesting to see how SF can bring their fantasy land manifesto to life. I can imagine the NTMA will have trouble raising bonds at anythign other than punitive rates once the insanity unfolds.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Not sure about the leaders stepping down tbh. That's internally party stuff and shouldn't be dependent on elections but on principles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭looksee

riddles wrote: »

It will be interesting to see how SF can bring their fantasy land manifesto to life. I can imagine the NTMA will have trouble raising bonds at anythign other than punitive rates once the insanity unfolds.

Its that level of 'interesting' that I can happily live without. So in preference to entertainment I would like to see a crowd that have a small bit of experience and cop on, even though I am glad to see they have had a shake up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Surely it’s up to the left to form a government rather than FF/FG to not form a government?

If PBP, Labour,Rise etc aren’t willing to do the job then someone will have to step up and do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Urethral Buttercup

Damn would anybody else like to lick all over Claire Kerrane's face? The pictures in the paper have got me packing a fat piece of trunk all morning. Very sexy woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

there are threads in Politics & Current Affairs more suited to this topic.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement