Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

13-07-2019, 12:29   #1
14dMoney

How can I stop my son from getting fat?

Myself and my wife are very worried. Our son is 6 and he's going through this whole "best friend" phase with an obese boy. His parents are also grossly obese. We're terrified that our son will begin to see this as acceptable. Should we prohibit him from hanging around with the obese boy or have a frank chat about obesity with him?
Advertisement
13-07-2019, 12:31   #2
Potential-Monke

Ah, have a chat. Since when did banning or stopping a child do anything ever actually lead to a positive outcome. DON'T PUSH THE RED BUTTON! Of course a 6 year old will push it.
13-07-2019, 12:33   #3
italodisco

I had a friend who was an absolute tank at that age, never stopped stuffing his gob.

I didnt get huge simply because i didnt have the appetite. Not a hope in hell i could have kept up with him.

Dont worry about it
13-07-2019, 12:36   #4
Plumbthedepths

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14dMoney
Myself and my wife are very worried. Our son is 6 and he's going through this whole "best friend" phase with an obese boy. His parents are also grossly obese. We're terrified that our son will begin to see this as acceptable. Should we prohibit him from hanging around with the obese boy or have a frank chat about obesity with him?

You really have a problem with overweight people, what is this your 4 th thread on the topic?
13-07-2019, 12:36   #5
Balanadan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14dMoney View Post
You should get him out of bed at 5am every day and make him run laps. That'll learn him.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-07-2019, 12:38   #6
Bredabe

According to my gp, so many ppl in Ireland has undiagnosed thyroid issues,
as long as you teach your son how to eat a balanced diet/exercise and there are no medical factors, there should not be a problem.

However, teaching him to accept other ppl as opposed to dismissing them with a label, is probably the most nb thing for you all to learn.
13-07-2019, 12:38   #7
14dMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumbthedepths View Post
You really have a problem with overweight people, what is this your 4 th thread on the topic?
I don't have a problem with overweight people, I just don't want my son to end up like them.
13-07-2019, 12:39   #8
Canis Lupus

Start fat shaming your son now then before it's too late.
13-07-2019, 12:40   #9
14dMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis Lupus View Post
Start fat shaming your son now then before it's too late.
There's no such thing as fat shaming.
Advertisement
13-07-2019, 12:41   #10
eviltwin

Quote:
I don't have a problem with overweight people, I just don't want my son to end up like them.
If your son grows up with a weight problem that's your parenting to blame, not some random kid. Take responsibility for your own child's health.
13-07-2019, 12:41   #11
the beer revolu

Quote:
This is your fifth thread regarding fat people!
You have a problem with fat people.
(2) thanks from:
13-07-2019, 12:41   #12
Plumbthedepths

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14dMoney

Your posting history contradicts your claim.
13-07-2019, 12:42   #13
Berties_Horse

Quote:
There's no such thing as fat shaming.
Get real. You're an unapologetic advocate of fat shaming.
(2) thanks from:
13-07-2019, 12:43   #14

I'd be worried you know fat people in the first case. Stay a country mile from those lot I'd be scarlet seen with any.
13-07-2019, 12:43   #15
BuboBubo

Quote:
Fatness isn't contagious ffs! Unless the friend is force feeding him chipper food your son isn't going to get fat.

I really do think you're taking the piss, but in case you're not, there's my reply.

Now go beat yourself with a stick or something.
Thread Closed