Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is your life easy or hard?

Options
  • 12-12-2017 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

Is your life easy or hard?

For me, it seems (or is) very easy 90% of the time.

I'm sitting here on Tuesday afternoon at my desk at home doing assignments. The only stress I have is getting assignments done on time, but life as always been easy (thanks to my parents), and even more so since I left school.

How about you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

In the context of the wider world, knowing that I am in the top 1% (as is everyone in this country) in terms of privileges afforded to me and opportunities available, I would have to say incredibly easy.

I have the added advantage of never really having to face any extreme hardship, be that physical, financial, or mental. Something I am immensely thankful for.

Born in this country to working parents in 1990, afforded free education right he way through to finishing college. Never had fear of going hungry, or not being able to get a job.

Never known any real financial hardship, and have lived a fairly sheltered life outside of a debilitating injury to one of my parents.

Have a safety net that affords me far too much comfort, both in my parents and in the state itself. I work hard, but have never had to face do or die graft to scrape together enough to just survive for one more day.

The graft my parents put in before me, and their parents before them, coupled with the fortuitous nature of simply being born on this island, has given me a platform far greater than the billions of people who have lived and died on this planet.

That's the reality of being working class in Ireland. Its an instant win in the lotto of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

It can be easy to make hard and then hard to make easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Everything gets harder after secondary school. People need genuine obstacles in their life. You simply do not grow otherwise.

It isn't easy or hard.

Does that mean my life is flaccid? There's no real in-between term :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Compared to most I think I have an easy enough life with regards I don't have much worries in life bar the lil silly ones I over think. Any hardships I've had have been a result of my own stupidity. I was lucky and am still lucky to have a good family around me. I know plenty of people around me that have genuine life battles so always aware as to how comfortable mine is at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Its all relative. My life is better than a lot of peoples but it could always be better. I have a loving family, great relationship, Im healthy, financially stable, have warm house with lots of food, they're things Im very greatful for ..

I struggle with bad bouts of anxiety though, I don't like how I look and the college profession I study is extremely difficult and demanding

So yeh good and bad..like most people Id imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I was hard on your ma last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Compared to most its really good. Like others have said, im always aware of that. Everybody can go through times where things are tough on them.

I look back fondly on my childhood but it was a bit harder. Im lucky I had the parents I have especially from what I saw of some friends growing up around me although in many ways i was exposed to that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

It isn't easy or hard.

Does that mean my life is flaccid? There's no real in-between term :pac:

Half chub.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It's not easy, has more than it's fair share of difficulties, but I'd not consider it hard. Kinda meddling, like them kids from Scooby Doo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

A doddle compared to many others.
    A charmed existence, befuddled occasionally by retards sending me pm's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I was hard on your ma last night.

I read this and knew who the author was before scrolling left to see the username.

I thought that was easy.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

What good is it if everything is too easy you need challenges in life it makes you a mentally stronger person.

I was a layabout useless introvert loner with chronic paralysing shyness in my youth and college years. Did almost no work of any type - and I felt my life was hard.

Woke up to needing change and turned that around and now I just do the normal 9 to 5 work and I have to work hard. And then I work hard in the home and the rest of my life. And I feel my life is actually incredibly easy despite how hard I always seem to be working.

Weird how that works.

But in terms of emotional turmoil and tragedy I have been mostly good so far. But the day can not be so far away that the phone just starts ringing with bad news following bad news as friends and or relatives die and so forth. Unless I die first of course - but I am terminally healthy at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

....... wrote: »

Well I think there is. Its important to acknowledge that the country you were born in , social class, or whatever allowed you access to a lot of supports and nice things that many people never got in their life. We live in a country that has good social care if in a bad place for instance, lots of countries don't . And try and help people, in knowing this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

I’m terminally-ill in my 30s, so existentially hard. But I currently have no real symptoms and quite excellent painkillers, so at the moment, life is physically easy enough. (as long as I rest often)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Cab be difficult at times but for the most part it's handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm complaining a bit sometimes, but tbh I am so much better off than 99% of people on this planet so in general I have an easy life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

It's not easy or hard.

It's grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I think most peoples lives are neither hard nor easy, they are just lives! There are some very lucky / unlucky people out there but for the bulk of us it's the same as the next guy give or take.
    It's how we deal with things that determines if it's easy or hard - I'm the eternal optimist so shít comes relatively easy to me. I don't worry. I'm healthy, I'm far from rich but i'm also not materialistic so it doesn't bother me, I won't go hungry or end up homeless either, my kids will be well fed and clothed and cared for.
    If we can't go to a villa in the Bahamas and lie in the sun for a month, maybe we'll go to a mobile in wexford and look at the rain for a week - it's all good!
    We're all healthy, we all love each other - life is sweet:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

_Dara_ wrote: »
    I’m terminally-ill in my 30s, so existentially hard. But I currently have no real symptoms and quite excellent painkillers, so at the moment, life is physically easy enough. (as long as I rest often)

Sorry to hear :(

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

Mutant z wrote: »
    What good is it if everything is too easy you need challenges in life it makes you a mentally stronger person.

Flip side is things being so difficult that they slowly crush you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Apart from crippling depression I have a really easy life.
    A perfect family, lovely house, my parents and my in laws are alive and well and help with childcare. I work because I want to not because I have to.

Obviously had a few really bad times over the years, but for now everything is rosy and I'm really making the most of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

From being a very young child, to teenage years, around 16/17, it was very hard. Mainly due to one parent being a violent abusive alcoholic who made sure to dump all his **** and take out all his anger about himself and his own childhood on one person, that is to say me, for years and years.

But now he's not here, and things have got much easier and better I suppose. Still a ways to go though.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

It has been more on the hard side of things for a long time, but it's getting better. I think I've done all the growing I need to do as a person, a little relaxation would be nice now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Pretty easy now. Wasn't always but my recent hard work has really paid off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Someone recently told me they wanted my life, because I was lucky enough to be hopping on a few planes. I told them they'd be quick enough handing it back to me if they got it :)

I don't have a hard life by any means. I'm comfortable, have an amazing family and the most wonderful friends and I'm loved very very much.

But life is certainly not always easy and I've faced some serious struggles which I wouldn't wish anyone to have to endure. They still affect me hugely and so I have very hard days.

Overall though, I'm doing pretty ok for myself and I wouldn't be too quick to jump into anyone else's shoes.

Advertisement