Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

13-02-2013, 23:45   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Foil Hat View Post
I have to park on the pavement every day. Otherwise the road outside my house would be completely impassable. How selfish would that be?
Going right up to the wall is taking the p!ss tough.
I wouldn't mind if they were just mounting the curb or whatever, but making the path impassable is a hazard.
Advertisement
13-02-2013, 23:46   #17

some roads are just not big enough to park your car on the road otherwise you could well end up blocking the road
13-02-2013, 23:46   #18
SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgettable _ Fire View Post
Uh, yeah, you missed the part where I said I've no choice. The WHOLE path is taken up.
So you wait for any vehicles to pass and then walk around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uch View Post
But it was Dark and the footpath was blocked
then the cars will have lights on, making them even more identifiable in the dark.
Thanks from:
13-02-2013, 23:47   #19
uch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
then the cars will have lights on, making them even more identifiable in the dark.
Not the Parked ones
13-02-2013, 23:50   #20
SV

Quote:
Not the Parked ones
hold on...hold on, the complaint is that you might not be able to see the parked cars and end up walking into them?

Ya couldn't really make this up..it doesn't get dark enough that you'd miss a parked car in the middle of the countryside on a cloudy night, let alone anywhere with paths.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-02-2013, 23:51   #21
StinkyMunkey

Quote:
Not the Parked ones
Better to park it on the pavement, than block a cycle lane.
13-02-2013, 23:52   #22

It's indefensible, irresponsible and a public safety hazard. Attacking the OP for the purposes of defending this kind of idiotic parking is complete bollocksology.
13-02-2013, 23:54   #23
uch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
hold on...hold on, the complaint is that you might not be able to see the parked cars and end up walking into them?

Ya couldn't really make this up..it doesn't get dark enough that you'd miss a parked car in the middle of the countryside on a cloudy night, let alone anywhere with paths.
No the parked cars/vans won't have lights, don't know if there were street lights, OP did'nt say, it was raining and Dark, and where I live there are plenty of eejits that drive without their lights on, so yes I can see a problem for the OP, if you can't, well then I'd love to live in the cosy little atmosphere that you do where everything is perfect.
(2) thanks from:
13-02-2013, 23:56   #24
byhookorbycrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodoo View Post
I park on the footpath sometimes but i always leave enough room for a buggy or a fat person to get by.
Wheelchair people??
Advertisement
13-02-2013, 23:57   #25
sfwcork
Banned

Have you considered setting alight the vehicle? Its justified surely
(4) thanks from:
13-02-2013, 23:58   #26
the_syco
Subscriber

Quote:
Nothing worse,,,you should knock their mirrors off
I park responsibly, but if I caught someone knocking the mirror off my car, I'd probably use them as a punch bag.
(2) thanks from:
13-02-2013, 23:58   #27
uch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwcork View Post
Have you considered setting alight the vehicle? Its justified surely
Welcome back
13-02-2013, 23:59   #28
SV

Quote:
No the parked cars/vans won't have lights, don't know if there were street lights, OP did'nt say, it was raining and Dark, and where I live there are plenty of eejits that drive without their lights on, so yes I can see a problem for the OP, if you can't, well then I'd love to live in the cosy little atmosphere that you do where everything is perfect.
plenty of people drive around you without their lights on in the dark whilst it's raining?
ah stop now would ya, you're clutching at straws.

not everything is perfect, no, but it certainly has the illusion of being perfect compared to the absolute shíte that some people complain about on here.
Thanks from:
13-02-2013, 23:59   #29

Quote:
There are street lights, but they're pretty poorly space out.

Also, it's straight after a bend, so a car could come flying around the corner, and I'd barely have a chance to react.
14-02-2013, 00:01   #30
SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgettable _ Fire View Post
There are street lights, but they're pretty poorly space out.

Also, it's straight after a bend, so a car could come flying around the corner, and I'd barely have a chance to react.
You should make your way around the cars that are offending you a bit quicker then.
Thread Closed