Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iodine tabs.........

• 18-09-2002 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

in a spot of bother..
    you know the iodine tabs that were sent to every1's house... in case of radioactive iodine...!? well.. i never receved any.. an i only heard that they were sent back in june. ive looked at the back of the packet they come in (friend had them), an i checked all the sites that were on the back of it.
    none and i mean NONE of them said anything about where to get them, plus Ger (the person who i got the package off) has 4 in her family.. her, 14year old, 11year old, an a 9yr old. she needs to take 2 and so does her 14 an 11yr old.. the 9 yr old needs 1 but only 6 come in the pack.. she needs 7.. i mean whats the deal with that.. an it dont even say where to get more if needed..
    any sugestions..?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

i don't think you have to worry about us getting nuked or a sellafield meltdown anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

in the event of a nuclear disaster it will be survival of the fittest. why not start earlier than everyone else in the looting and general civil unrest that will follow by breaking into pensioners houses and steal their iodine? :)

seriously what difference will 6 iodine tabs do when the four minute warning sounds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Children don't need to take a full tablet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

If a nuke is dropped on us or sellafield has a meltdown i really dont think an iodine tab is going to do much. Sure it helps your thoride (sp) gland i think ...but what about the rest of you ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I think my mother threw out the ones we got in one of her regular cleaning fits. If a nuke is dropped or sellafield meltsdown I'll await my searing, painful death with a pint of murphys in either hand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 billymeehan

I know, I've had the same problem. I rang up the department of the environment looking for more cause I ate all the ones they gave me after a night on the piss (we ran out of toast) and they told me to shag off!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

ere, how exactly does the 4min warnin work? a big whippy van drives around the neighbourhood and when everyone runs out to get one they are told?

Originally posted by billymeehan
    I know, I've had the same problem. I rang up the department of the environment looking for more cause I ate all the ones they gave me after a night on the piss (we ran out of toast) and they told me to shag off!
    rolling over laughing:D :D
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

man, that is one baaaaaad case of the munchies :)

pld son

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Read/heard/or quite possibly dreamt that bertie and the bouys intend to send out further packets once the first batch has been delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by Mr.Taz
    ere, how exactly does the 4min warnin work? a big whippy van drives around the neighbourhood and when everyone runs out to get one they are told?

do you know of anyone who has ever bough ice cream off a mr. whippy van? no, they are employed by the government for exactly that you said. its a conspiracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

check the back of the package, the instuctions read

1. open wrapper & swallow tabs

2. Duck & cover

3. kiss your ass goodbye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement