Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

muppet.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i heard about this a few months ago. it's a good idea considering in South Africa 1 in 9 people have HIV and it might help prevent it in some way with the new generation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

I think they should put more effort into educating the adults .... remember reading awhile back that there was people raping babies as they believed it was a cure

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Saw this last night on EuroNews (it was late, I was bored).
    Personally I think it's great.
    Start from the earliest age tbh tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Mentioned this on Films/TV about a month back.

Personally I think it's a great idea. Very important to educate the young and prevent the afflicted (if that's the best word) from being shunned.

Darth Homer makes an excellent point though. many people in SA believe that having sex with a virgin will cure them. Babies are pretty much guaranteed to be so (unless some other mis-informed idiot hasn't been there first).

Proper education needed for both young and old. With regard to the young, this is a step forward IMHO.

Advertisement