Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best (most cost effective and efficient) way to get an xray?

Options
  • 11-12-2017 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    Does anyone know what would be the best way both cost and efficiency wise to get an xray?

I have health insurance and it was suggested I could go to the likes of Affidea to get the xray, but they still need a referral letter and they won't have an appointment until Thursday.

I just don't want to end up spending 10 hours waiting in the local hospital but to get a referral means I'll have to go to the effort of going to the local GP so will waste time that way too and it may end up costing more than the hospital?

It's only a bone in my hand so isn't in pain unless I move it in certain ways. It's probably not even a break but it's still sore after 2 weeks.

Any feedback would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Get Superman and his x ray vision to have a look for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Can you fit inside your microwave?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I'm not allowed give medical advice on boards , in fact none of us are.

So for the while , I'm going to be a vet and you can be Rover.

As a previous poster said , use a microwave, cut a hole in the top or break the glass and stick your paw in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

The Sun emits electromagnetic radiation which contains sunlight, ultra violet, infrared and X-Ray. So you are currently getting X-Rays for free. And for no effort. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

Go to A&E and tell them you accidentally swallowed a bitcoin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

If you're in Dublin, get a letter from your GP that says "Query fracture" and you can walk in to X-Ray (Not A&E! The Radiology Department on the 2nd floor) in St. Vincent's hospital and be seen same Day. As long as its not between 12:00 and 14:00 you'll be fairly quick.

Shine a bright torch through your hand

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Just break it really really badly and you might get seen quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

If I've watched enough cartoons (and I have), whenever someone gets electrocuted, you can see all their bones through their skin

So, get a friend to film you while you stick a fork in a toaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

This thread is heading the way I envisioned it when I saw the name ....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Go to to the vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Lie down on the baggage scanner at the airport and get someone to record the screen on the other side

🤪

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

So this is where the comedians hang out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Change your name to something other than Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

a Blu - Ray is easier to get ...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

fixxxer wrote: »
    If you're in Dublin, get a letter from your GP that says "Query fracture" and you can walk in to X-Ray (Not A&E! The Radiology Department on the 2nd floor) in St. Vincent's hospital and be seen same Day. As long as its not between 12:00 and 14:00 you'll be fairly quick.

I have more use for a physio now than a GP, I wonder can they give referrals too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Smithfield Minor Injuries unit, seen in under 2 hours, no referral letter needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

cormie wrote: »

I have more use for a physio now than a GP, I wonder can they give referrals too :)

Nope, physios cant give referrals for scans. Not considered doctors.

Advertisement