Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fireworks in Dublin?

• 30-08-2020 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭

Everyday at the same time from somewhere? does anyone else hear it or my ears need testing.....where they coming from

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭COVID

You ok hun ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Dublin 15 are on here commenting about it.

It's getting closer to Halloween then you think... Summer near over.,

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭rounders

I heard if too! Think they only do one a night too so it's harder to figure out.

Seen people say it's to try and scare dogs to make it easier to rob them but don't know how true that is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,432 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes heard some driving through Coolock on Friday. I suppose with trick or treating being banned this year because of Covid it's all that's left of the holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,503 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Hear it in D5.

Earlier and earlier Halloween run-up for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,176 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Dublin thread already, last night I could hear them in D3 but they sounded a good distance off:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058108899

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I see people posing on FB saying it’s dog stealing gangs letting them off to see where dogs are barking. Utter rubbish. There’ve been fireworks going off every night from the end of August on the Northside since I was a kid in the 70s. It’s the buildup to Halloween, starts now, gets more intense by the last week of October, nothing unusual about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

I see people posing on FB saying it’s dog stealing gangs letting them off to see where dogs are barking. Utter rubbish. There’ve been fireworks going off every night from the end of August on the Northside since I was a kid in the 70s. It’s the buildup to Halloween, starts now, gets more intense by the last week of October, nothing unusual about it.

Every day same time? about 6 then 9 ...heard them at 12 sometimes, not bangers proper fireworks ....never heard this so regularly leading up to halloween before ....it's very specifically timed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

That's nothing,Dunnes have Patrick's Day gear on sale ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,820 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

That's nothing,Dunnes have Patrick's Day gear on sale ;)

My local Supervalu never sells anything off. They nearly always have Christmas, Halloween and Easter Chocolate in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I was gonna create a thread about it myself haha.
    It does seem weird in this day and age. Sure 20 years ago it was the norm with the build up to Halloween. Even this early. I guess those times are back.

Geez that's some rather special levels of stupidity (rubbish as you say)
    Do people actually believe this? :pac: Sure I've heard the whole dogs are getting stolen. I think it's being blown out by social media.

But let's just say there's loads of scumbags going around and stealing dogs for a minute :p What are they gonna do? Set off fireworks so it's some devious, evil master genius plan you'd see in a movie? (That doesn't make sense)
    Or just go to a local park and start snatching a dog when you have your chance to.

Think some are missing the point......it's not the fact it's the lead up to Halloween, not little scrotes throwing bangers

It's fireworks that can be heard but not seen going off every evening just before 6 just before 9 for the past 3 weeks or more ......

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Think some are missing the point......it's not the fact it's the lead up to Halloween, not little scrotes throwing bangers

It's fireworks that can be heard but not seen going off every evening just before 6 just before 9 for the past 3 weeks or more ......

That's exactly how it was in the 90s tho :)
    People couldn't wait to set off fireworks. Around this time of the year you'd hear a bang here and a bang there (like now)

In fact, on Halloween night in the 90s was insane. Constant boom boom boom. Every where. For some reason tho it changes over years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

bangers and sh1t

That's exactly how it was in the 90s tho :)
    People couldn't wait to set off fireworks. Around this time of the year you'd hear a bang here and a bang there (like now)

In fact, on Halloween night in the 90s was insane. Constant boom boom boom. Every where. For some reason tho it changes over years.

Again you are missing the point, at 6 then at 9 for 5 mins and that's it .......it's something else, I heard someone say it's something to do with the coov but have not heard that anywhere before

It could be firework testing but that's a hell of a lot of testing for 3 weeks ..........I could actually see where they're coming from tonight, looks to be Pheonix park direction

COVID wrote: »
    You ok hun ?

People who use this phrase should be banned from the Internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Their letting fireworks of nightly in my areaover the last week. Also today is the first time i've SEEN the natives out collecting for halloween(tyres). I think the bonfire collecting and the fireworks coincides with the kids going back to school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Again you are missing the point, at 6 then at 9 for 5 mins and that's it .......it's something else, I heard someone say it's something to do with the coov but have not heard that anywhere before

It could be firework testing but that's a hell of a lot of testing for 3 weeks ..........I could actually see where they're coming from tonight, looks to be Pheonix park direction
    What are you talking about? Been loads going off here from around 9:15 until 10:30 and I could see them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Kylta wrote: »
    Their letting fireworks of nightly in my areaover the last week. Also today is the first time i've the natives out collecting for halloween(tyres). I think the bonfire collecting and the fireworks coincides with the kids going back to school.

Have you not got them out a bit early for that. You seem to think it is a wholesome pursuit, in tandem with their returning to education is that what you’re saying yeh?

Wheety wrote: »
    What are you talking about? Been loads going off here from around 9:15 until 10:30 and I could see them.

Tonight yes ...but previously at very specific times, keep an ear out for about 5.55 tomorrow.....bet I'm not wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Tonight yes ...but previously at very specific times, keep an ear out for about 5.55 tomorrow.....bet I'm not wrong

It’s priests, setting them off to remind you the Angelus will be on - inspired by this biblical quote:

But man is born to trouble as the sparks fly upward.
    Job 5:7

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Have you not got them out a bit early for that. You seem to think it is a wholesome pursuit, in tandem with their returning to education is that what you’re saying yeh?

Fu¢k me, your fast bobble, I'll go back and sort out that error. I've seen the natives was the proper sentence. Not i've the natives, it makes me sound like fu¢king Fagin from Oliver Twist.

Bobblehats wrote: »

Eh. Yes to whatever your implying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Kylta wrote: »
    Eh. Yes to whatever your implying.

Once was enough pal christ :o my bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭AllForIt

COVID wrote: »
    You ok hun ?

You are not new here :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,597 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Could it be a wedding venue that doors fireworks?
    That said little point in letting them off at 6 in the evening, it's still bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Theyve been going off since july where im from.

Was thinking would it be the fact a lot of july 12th events were called off in the north off due to covid theres a surplus this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

A lot at the moment. I never remember bangers going off in August or September.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

So you tell me I am missing the point (again of all things) while you have zero idea what's going on as you use the word "could" alot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

The kids around Pearse Street have been doing it for the last month Day & Night ..they have also formed "Biker Gangs" during lockdown - anyone missing a few bikes ?

Advertisement