Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foods you never liked the look of

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

bluewolf wrote: »
    Oh i love butter beans... they're great in a potato soup

Let's just draw a friendly line here and walk away :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Liver...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,903 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

bluewolf wrote: »
    Oh i love butter beans... they're great in a potato soup

I always hated potato soup. In fact, I hate most soup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

peasant wrote: »
    testicles and or eyes...sheep, cow or otherwise.

Apparently they are delicacies in some cultures, but that's where I would draw my line

Sheep’s eye peering back at you is never a good look is it. Dead or alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Butter beans. Even as an adult, they make me retch.

kidney beans the same. name aside, never liked those little ****ers. wreck a good spag bol anytime i see them hanging out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭guitarhappy

gogo wrote: »
    Liver...

Human, or animal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Human, or animal?

Is that you Clarice?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Sardines..I really wanted to like them for the health benefits but OMG I was this close to spilling my guts into the sink when I opened the can. Didn't even make it to my mouth, straight in the bin. A colleague of mine eats sardines straight from the can for lunch,she's a brave woman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭SB71

My ma used to fry onions, the small alone used to turn my stomach never mind the sight of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

SB71 wrote: »
    My ma used to fry onions, the small alone used to turn my stomach never mind the sight of them.

:eek: They make everything taste better!
    5 posts..clearly trying to wind us up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Trekker09

SB71 wrote: »

Onions and garlic being cooked in olive oil is the scent of the culinary Gods you heathen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,785 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Cauliflower looks like a brain. 1000% disgusting.

I don’t find it disgusting but it’s very bland without a sauce... cauliflower with cheese sauce is a delicious combination... or with mixed veg..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Hairy bacon with about an inch of fat, sometimes with nipple. Mank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭Archeron

Is that you Clarice?

Flpphhh flpphhh flpphhh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Everything in this thread makes me hungry, I would eat food from the bin I'm so unfussy.
    peasant wrote: »
    testicles and or eyes...sheep, cow or otherwise.

... celery
    Yes to all.
    Aglomerado wrote: »
    Hairy bacon with about an inch of fat, sometimes with nipple. Mank
    Give me.
    bb1234567 wrote: »
    Sardines..
    Thank you, yes.
    kidney beans ... spag bol
    Yum.
    Bobblehats wrote: »
    Sheep’s eye
    Om nom.
    Rothko wrote: »
    potato soup... most soup.
    Please get in my mouth now.
    Liver...
    I also want that.
    Long green beans.
    Feed me that.

Only ever got food poisoning one time and it was very mild, bit into a bad bit of seafood mixed in with good, knew what was going down straight away. Otherwise I don't think I've ever left a morsel of food behind me. Making and eating food is one of the greatest pleasures in life.

Jaysis I wish that salmon in the oven and them jacket spuds would hurry up and be ready. I'm starving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Cauliflower looks like a brain. 1000% disgusting.

Cauliflower is my favourite vegetable. I love it and even eat it raw, when it is perfectly white and fresh. Problem with cauliflower is isn't always presented in that state. When it gets old the 'sprout's' if that's what you call them start to separate.

Absolutely noting better than cauliflower with a cheese sauce. Pure luxury to my pallet. I believe of all the farmhouse veg cauliflower has the highest protein content of them all, so it's exceptionally nutritious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Definitely sushi and smoked salmon. Actually pretty much any raw or smoked fish tbh or those "seared" scallops that have a lick of the pan but retain a weird jellyish consistency.

I'm convinced nobody actually enjoys them but eats them to look fancy/cool. I mean what kind of oddball would enjoy the mouthfeel of raw sea creature?

I actually do like fish though but one of the worst things I tasted was when I didn't read a menu properly and thought had ordered a nice mackerel starter but when it came out it was smoked(raw) mackerel. Yeuk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I'm convinced nobody actually enjoys them but eats them to look fancy/cool. I mean what kind of oddball would enjoy the mouthfeel of raw sea creature?

I've always said that but am usually dismissed with "well, you wouldn't say that if you had proper sushi" Well I have and it's vile, like I said earlier it's not just the raw fish (which has to be frozen in most cases to kill off anything untoward before using it) it's that horrible cold rice also. But if people think it's cool, they'll follow like sheep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Placenta.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Definitely sushi and smoked salmon. Actually pretty much any raw or smoked fish tbh or those "seared" scallops that have a lick of the pan but retain a weird jellyish consistency.

I actually do like fish though but one of the worst things I tasted was when I didn't read a menu properly and thought had ordered a nice mackerel starter but when it came out it was smoked(raw) mackerel. Yeuk.

Yeah that 100 million Japanese people are pure poseurs.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Nobody enjoys smoked salmon?!.....as for the sushi you should try it with a hot miso soup on the side, it’s good stuff. Having said that I just like fish; rarely would I not eat it in fact maybe the only occasion it proper turned me off was an Irishman from the Congo I saw on Stop/Search/Sieze just now who had packed a bundle of smoked fish amongst the consignment of skin lightening creams. There were undetermined species of insect crawling out and making a break for it across the floor but otherwise no problem with fish....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Smoked mack is gorgeous, I eat it regularly. You're just so fussy that you can't even believe people like different things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Yep. Every one of them. You can just tell too. Real shifty lookin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Uncooked battered sausage looks rank, spice burgers too. Dubious meat somewhat loosely encased in a greasy container of batter. Doesn't look much better cooked tbf.

Funnily enough the same isn't as true of onion rings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Liver...

This offal, nowadays normally used in pet food, was once cooked up by Irish mammies to build up their offspring.
    The stuff both looks and smells awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭screamer

Tinned sardines or mackerel, just no.

Advertisement