Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your weekly grocery Bill

Options
  • 13-08-2020 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

I spend on average 65 euro just for myself.

Just wondering what yours is and how many people you feed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

2 adults and 3 kids under 7. Average in total between the weekly big shop and picking up bits in between we'd spend €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Queasy Tadpole

Usually €100 without alcohol for the two of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

On average €100 a week for one. Probably a bit much but I love to cook, bake and get good quality meat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Nothing surprises me now

Between 100 to 115 per week for 2 of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I read the title of the thread in Liam Brady's voice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Just checked the pretty cool records and charts that the AIB website give you on your spending habits.

Seem we're averaging €1,100 a month on groceries (2 adults, 3 kids between 7 and 11). That's about €224 a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Cheers Gregor, I didn’t know about that

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

80-100 per week for 2 of us, depends if we get more meat or not

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ozbackineire

Approx €70 for 2. Shop in Aldi and get meat in butchers

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭SVI40

3 adults in the house, circa €60.00 per week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

SVI40 wrote: »

€20 a week each on groceries? Do yiz eat out/get takeaways a lot?

How?!

Spend about 80 once a week on a shop for the two of us and then we spend about 100 between us during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Lies, absolutely no way this is possible unless none of you use the home to eat in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Approximately €100 a week for 2 of us without booze. We take turns each week paying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Usually 100-150 a week for the 2 of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Approx 120 per week. 2 adults 2 children. That's the main shop. Will pick up a few bits n pieces during the week aswell. Maybe 20 worth.

Usually would have 1 take away at the Weekend aswell.

gibgodsman wrote: »
    Lies, absolutely no way this is possible unless none of you use the home to eat in

No it's perfectly possible I only spent around €20 on food the secret is to eat a vegetarian diet and only buy supermarket own brand products.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

At the moment in our current times between €130 - €150 per week.
    2 Adults, 1 Teen, 1 Child.
    Shop once a week with Tesco delivered.
    Sometimes includes alcohol, sometimes not as tend to buy our favourites on special offer.
    We also spend between €25 - €40 per week at the Butcher also once a week but mostly 3 weeks out of every 4.
    So in total between €155-€190 depending on the week but the higher end of that would be rare.
    No top up shops.
    No Take Aways or eating out.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭TM2015

The weekly shop is around 180 euro, split between Tesco, SuperValu and Marks and Spencer. For 2 adults and a young child. It covers us for 3 meals for 5 to 6 days. On Saturdays and Sundays we usually eat out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

About 30-40 quid for one. Not a big eater though so there's that. Like Clear Air Turbulence notes veggies are cheap, as are eggs, things like porridge, even meat is pretty cheap these days. I don't drink soft drinks and tea is cheap. Once a month I might have a takeaway of a bag of chips, but that's about it. Avoid the prepackaged stuff and eating like a horse and eating is pretty damned cheap these days. I do like my red wine which adds to the total, but that's two or three bottles a week so..

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Even using Aldi for a large part of the weekly shop were at 300/350 a week for 2 adults and 2 children. If I add 1 take away and alcohol its not good reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭gifted

Just checked the pretty cool records and charts that the AIB website give you on your spending habits.

Seem we're averaging €1,100 a month on groceries (2 adults, 3 kids between 7 and 11). That's about €224 a week.

Same...some weeks it's more but never less....there's no feeding them....3 girls 11, 10 and 8......fridge is filled.....fridge is empty....it's an endless cycle...bless um.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

2 adults, 2 young kids. Probably about 100-150 a week basic supermarket. That doesn't include stuff like alcohol or butchers plus we don't buy stuff like soft drinks, juice, confectionery, biscuits; pre-made foods or sauces, and we bake most of our stuff like breads, scones etc. Wife is a veggie also but other 3 of us eat meat 3-4 times a week.

Wibbs wrote: »
    About 30-40 quid for one. Not a big eater though so there's that. Like Clear Air Turbulence notes veggies are cheap, as are eggs, things like porridge, even meat is pretty cheap these days. I don't drink soft drinks and tea is cheap. Once a month I might have a takeaway of a bag of chips, but that's about it. Avoid the prepackaged stuff and eating like a horse and eating is pretty damned cheap these days. I do like my red wine which adds to the total, but that's two or three bottles a week so..
    40 quid with meat and a few bottles of wine... would you jog on. Post up your latest receipt there... you must be eating tiny amounts of calories.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

40 quid with meat and a few bottles of wine... would you jog on. Post up your latest receipt there... you must be eating tiny amounts of calories.

/Supermarket off

/Trolleys at dawn etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

Usually about £60 - £70 for little old me. Maybe a take-away once every other week. Big fan of M&S and because I'm shopping for one I don't mind paying that bit more for stuff that I really really like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

€55.32 cent.

Looking at the receipts it's always booze and meat that are the big ticket items.

Cut them out and you could save a fortune.

And be a miserable git.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Less than €35 a week for one.

Advertisement