Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dream Locations

• 11-05-2004 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

When we dream, we tend to put ourselves in familiar surroundings (sometimes a mix of a few together).

Alot of the time the same buildings, rooms, towns or landscapes can crop up repeatedly.

Also - I often see myself buzzing around rooms and streets that I have never seen in the real world, but again, they crop up repeatedly.

I realise dreams are created from the persons mind, so these places that you are seeing / dreaming - are you creating them yourself from nothing, or do they actually exist somewhere, but you've just never seen them before.

I'm a bit sceptical with the whole re-incarnation thing, so please avoid using this as an explanation.

I often realise I'm dreaming in the middle of a dream, and try to do mad things (usually flying or whatever). But I wonder if I could gain enough control to actually find out where I am, could I then go and see does this place actually exist?

Personally I love dreaming - we all have the ability to write, direct and star in our own movie every night.

And that is a comforting thought, isnt it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

You will probably be interested in lucid dreaming then. A search in google gives a lot of links for research into lucid dreaming. Check out astral projection also.

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

I had a dream a couple of nights ago that there was a door upstairs in my house that lead directly to the upstairs of a pub. Such a beautiful dream. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

One dream I had, I found I could control what I did. Sort of a "go left, step out of the way" thing. It was like a video game, except I was in prison. Is that what you were talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I had a weird dream the other night. I was cooking pasta and my ears were playing the Super Mario theme over and over. I think that’s the first time I've ever heard music in a dream.

I'm a bit sceptical with the whole re-incarnation thing, so please avoid using this as an explanation.

I often realise I'm dreaming in the middle of a dream, and try to do mad things (usually flying or whatever). But I wonder if I could gain enough control to actually find out where I am, could I then go and see does this place actually exist?'m a bit sceptical with the whole re-incarnation thing, so please avoid using this as an explanation.

I'm on the same wavelength as you. I've often had a dejavu experience of events, which I've dreamt about days or weeks later. Since I was a child I frequently have dreams about a certain street in Dublin, which doesn’t exist, but in my dreams I know it so well and it never changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Pink Bunny

I often return to the same location in my dreams, so much so, in fact that I have even thought while dreaming "Oh, this is the place I always dream about, and now I'm finally here!".
    I can't really explain it well, but I read somewhere that there is a theory that since DNA, physical traits etc.... are passsed down through the cells from our ancestors, that perhaps part of their memories also pass through, and that explains why we might dream or "remember" experiences and places in the past that we have never been to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement