Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Armstrong 2019/20 season

12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Probably not the best question to be posing when there's an orange weather warning in place. :)

I think the weather is probably too changeable here - especially now that it's autumn - for a chess game, let alone a full weekender. I think some games have been played outdoors at the Drogheda weekender, but only when it was really splitting the rocks. You need to be a bit lucky to pull it off; I don't think you could arrange it at less than a week's notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Chesslifter

Why not just finish the leagues on Lichess? The LCU ran a few online leagues recently on Lichess and they seemed to run very well. To preempt the cheating argument, I think it’s just as easy to cheat at an OTB match by using your phone if you are so inclined. Also I think the various online chess sites have systems in place to detect cheating. In any event I think the tiny minority that would possibly cheat will do it no matter what the format.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

It's not true that it's just as easy to cheat in an over-the-board match unfortunately.

4NCL did some stats into their recent 4NCL online tournament and found suspicious performances were much higher than usual (compared to the regular 4NCL) for example.

Plus - is there really a need to finish the leagues that urgently? They can't start up again anyway. If people want to play online leagues, they can - the 4NCL online, the recent Hibernian Online league (which may return), club events, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭macelligott

FutureCM wrote: »
    Might sound ridiculous, but if the forecast is good would an outdoor venue be an option to avoid the 6 person limit?

Outdoor limit is 15.
    So no point going down that route.

Advertisement