Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nespresso Vertuo €109 + Capsules

• 17-11-2018 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭

Nespresso vertuo machine in white or red available at €109, normally €199 on nespresso site.
    Included at checkout is 120 capsules and a travel mug.
    Anyone got/used this machine? Seems a good deal just looking for final push over line.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

This isn't strictly Home Entertainment territory but I'm happy to leave it here in case anyone can assist. You might consider cross posting on the Bargain Alert forum or the Coffee forum to broaden the audience.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

I tried to get it to bargain alerts but wasnt sure how. Sorry, bit of a noob

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment

This isn't strictly Home Entertainment territory but I'm happy to leave it here in case anyone can assist. You might consider cross posting on the Bargain Alert forum or the Coffee forum to broaden the audience.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Moved here from at poster’s request.

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭daheff

Linky for those interested

Black friday deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

What's this machine like? Seems like a good deal. Does small and large coffee so guessing the pods are just a bit more expensive than regular Nespresso

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

we have this for nearly a year now.. i like it but its not a direct replacement for the older nespresso machines.. we still have the older machine as there's lot more 3rd party compatible pods for it.. the vertuo only works with nespresso pods which are bar coded so the machine knows the temp water etc to use.. makes a larger variation in coffee size drinks and also gives you a 'guiness' head on the coffee due to the way it spins the capsule when making the coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

jhammer wrote:
    What's this machine like? Seems like a good deal. Does small and large coffee so guessing the pods are just a bit more expensive than regular Nespresso

Looking at this myself. Seems only the official Nespresso pods can be used, not the Lidl/Aldi types. But the fact you can make a decent sized cup is also appealing. That said I'm also new to the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭johndoe77ie

Travel Mug doesn't appear to be part of the deal. But if you an existing expert member you can get this deal for €59.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Travel Mug doesn't appear to be part of the deal. But if you an existing expert member you can get this deal for €59.

Is this the 25% off for existing members?

Don't you have to be a member for ten years?

I was in Currys last night, looked at so many of these that I was confused. Pretty sure the Verturo ( non plus ) is e99 there as opposed to e109 on the official site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭✭GBX

rushfan wrote: »
    I was in Currys last night, looked at so many of these that I was confused. Pretty sure the Verturo ( non plus ) is e99 there as opposed to e109 on the official site.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/household-appliances/small-kitchen-appliances/coffee-machines-and-accessories/coffee-machines/nespresso-by-magimix-vertuo-plus-m600-coffee-machine-piano-red-10185474-pdt.html

Good spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭jones

Are you sure? It seems you have to be on one of the higher memberships to get any sort of discount.

ps you do get the travel mug etc when ordering through nespresso - see below.

BLACK FRIDAY 2018
    -€90.00
    -€90.00
    TOUCH TRAVEL MUG
    €0.00
    €0.00
    DARK CHOCOLATE SALTED CARAMEL
    €0.00
    €0.00

the vertuo only works with nespresso pods which are bar coded so the machine knows the temp water etc to use..

And also because the earlier nespresso pods are off patent. These are 'new' patents which mean competitors cannot make the compatible pods for these machines -thus re-cornering the market!

GBX wrote: »

does this come with the 100+ free capsules though? I can't see any mention of them.

Edit -yes it does (thanks to Rushfan for pointing it out).

daheff wrote:
    does this come with the 100+ free capsules though? I can't see any mention of them.

Yes, they had promotion cards beside the machines in Currys. You get them delivered once you register with Nespresso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭The lips

This is a tempting machine but looking at it in the shop it is huge!

It definitely takes up a lot more counter top space compared to the old style unit.

The lips wrote:
    This is a tempting machine but looking at it in the shop it is huge!

The lips wrote:
    It definitely takes up a lot more counter top space compared to the old style unit.

Thought the same. Although I think you can adjust the position of the water tank, as in move to the side.

jones wrote: »
    Are you sure? It seems you have to be on one of the higher memberships to get any sort of discount.

ps you do get the travel mug etc when ordering through nespresso - see below.

BLACK FRIDAY 2018
    -€90.00
    -€90.00
    TOUCH TRAVEL MUG
    €0.00
    €0.00
    DARK CHOCOLATE SALTED CARAMEL
    €0.00
    €0.00

Bought it yesterday no travel mug and no mention of it. There is another deal on offer for the mug and choccies above but it's a separate deal..

Bought it yesterday no travel mug and no mention of it. There is another deal on offer for the mug and choccies above but it's a separate deal..

First impressions???

rushfan wrote: »
    First impressions???

Bought from nespresso site so won't have it for a couple of days. I'll let you know once i get it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement