Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kylie Jenner - destroyer of virtual worlds

• 23-02-2018 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

This short expression of opinion by someone I have no knowledge of wiped 6% off the share value of Snap, Inc yesterday.

https://twitter.com/KylieJenner/status/966429897118728192

I suggest everyone here likes her tweet, maybe she'll finish off snapchat for good. Then she can start on Instagram or er twitter :).
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There's only one Kylie and that's not her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Twould be a great sight to see all those Silicone Valley megacorps go wallop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Is it okay I have no idea who Kylie Jenner is, or really care? Dont now much about Snap Chat either.

Kali Jenner..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Is it okay I have no idea who Kylie Jenner is, or really care? Dont now much about Snap Chat either.

Agreed. And if people dislike Snapchat, Twitter etc. then ignore them. They'll disappear of their own fruition if enough people just ignore and stop using them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Mint Sauce wrote: »

Is that the one who had the sex upgrade/change or what not

jamesbere wrote: »
    Is that the one who had the sex upgrade/change or what not

No, this is her daughter and is a so-called TV personality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Pretty sure it was Kim who had the video of her Silicone megacorps getting walloped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It would be way better if Snapchat made her go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I, an intellectual, do not know who Kylie Jenner is because I am an intellectual. Furthermore, I shall endeavour to continue not knowing anything about popular culture, lest I cease to be an intellectual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭purcela

Yeah it would be fantastic for the Irish economy for all the jobs in Facebook, Google etc to be lost, increasing unemployment levels and reducing the levels of PAYE that is paid by their staff each year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Probably went short on Snap before tweeting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

purcela wrote: »
    Yeah it would be fantastic for the Irish economy for all the jobs in Facebook, Google etc to be lost, increasing unemployment levels and reducing the levels of PAYE that is paid by their staff each year.

Homeless crisis solved overnight too. All these companies are increasing unemployment levels by doing what they do. Jobs in those places come at the expense of lots of other jobs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

She is a damned pretty woman in fairness. So as a show of solidarity I will not be installing snapchat or buying their shares.
    (Marry me Kylie!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭purcela

purcela wrote: »

Homeless crisis solved overnight too. All these companies are increasing unemployment levels by doing what they do. Jobs in those places come at the expense of lots of other jobs
    Unlikely. If thousands of staff lose their jobs do you think they will fly out of Dublin the very next day? What about those who have mortgages on their accommodation?

And then there's the hundreds of companies that provide services to Google and Facebook in Dublin, job cuts would be incurred there too. Probably not a great overall outcome for our economy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Name rings a bell, is she the transgender olympian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

I don't use the app myself and don't really care for the Kardashians but this is actually a good thing.
    As far as I know they messed around with the feeds (or whatever the equivalent thing is) to deliver more adverts to their users in the last update so it might be this that motivated her tweet.

Companies suffering share losses when they screw up a working interface to deliver adverts can only be a good thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Clem Fandango

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,204 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I don't use the app myself and don't really care for the Kardashians but this is actually a good thing.
    As far as I know they messed around with the feeds (or whatever the equivalent thing is) to deliver more adverts to their users in the last update so it might be this that motivated her tweet.

Companies suffering share losses when they screw up a working interface to deliver adverts can only be a good thing

This is exactly what happened.

The fact that Kylie Jenner tweeted she was sick of Snapchat was merely coincidental. Kylie undoubtedly has influence on social media, but attributing this particular incident to her influence is a stretch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Does no one get tired of the feigned ignorance? Oh I have no idea who X is... but ya still found your way into the thread to proclaim that you didn't know them... Right.

• Advertisement

jester77 wrote: »
    Name rings a bell, is she the transgender olympian?
    No, this is her daughter and is a so-called TV personality.

Taa daa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Taa daa!

aha, living off daddy's (or is it mammy's, to be PC?) fame, good for her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

jester77 wrote: »
    aha, living off daddy's (or is it mammy's, to be PC?) fame, good for her

Her sisters are incredibly famous. Her mother is incredibly famous. They are all incredibly successful. They featured in a well known and critically acclaimed television series 'American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson', winner of numerous awards. She is regularly the feature of articles in all classes of newspapers, magazines etc. She is mentioned on and off in media outlets of all forms.

Pretending not to know who she is, while at the same time knowning enough about her parent to get a dig in, strikes me as laughably transparent. (GEDDIT?)

Advertisement