Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone invites themselves to stay in your home

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

I not sure why you care if only every six months you meet? You may be over thinking this., he must annoying fella for you to be worried.

Not worried just don't want to insult someone and he's not so much annoying but just overbearing. I would be happy just having phone call conversations with him and leaving it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

holyhead wrote: »
    Not worried just don't want to insult someone and he's not so much annoying but just overbearing. I would be happy just having phone call conversations with him and leaving it at that.

You said he was married and his old enough to be your dad and you barely know him? This sounds weird mind I ask are you married or single? Am I struggling to understand why an older man who married is planning a stay over at your house? Visit I can understand but a stay overnight is unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

I not sure why you care if only every six months you meet? You may be over thinking this., he must annoying fella for you to be worried.

What exactly is he saying /proposing ? I must come visit u? If u only speak a couple of timea a year it's easy enough to give the ....'oh yeah we must ' non committal reply ! And I'd he says ....'X date' just say.....no sorry that's not good for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

How do you say no without insulting someone?

Don't worry about insulting them.

Just them to stay somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I can't stop laughin picturin yer man plonked in Ted's Bathroom!! :D:D:D:D I'm gonna wake the child Nextdoor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

You said he was married and his old enough to be your dad and you barely know him? This sounds weird mind I ask are you married or single? Am I struggling to understand why an older man who married is planning a stay over at your house? Visit I can understand but a stay overnight is unusual.

In fairness the wife would come with him. He never goes anywhere without her. He would like to see my house. I have been to his but never looked to stay over. I am put up by work if I ever have to stay in the town he lives in. He is not a bad skin but small dose is plenty for me.
    I don’t mind listening to his troubles etc but ideally phone calls would suffice from my perspective

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Demonique

Stoner wrote: »
    If you have a partner just say they take up the spare room with

Walk-in wardrobe
    Trainset
    Tanning bed
    Something he's no interest in

First thing I did in my house was stick a jacks in under the stairs. Stop all that nosey upstairs wandering.

I know someone whose spare bedroom houses their snakes and lizards

• Registered Users Posts: 19,099 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Stoner wrote: »
    First thing I did in my house was stick a jacks in under the stairs. Stop all that nosey upstairs wandering.

In fairness, I've been to your house and a manky half cracked mop bucket fecked under the stairs wasn't as enticing as you made it out to be

• Registered Users Posts: 19,099 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

In fairness the wife would come with him.

Fecking swingers nowadays have no manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭brevity

This situation is extremely weird.

• Advertisement
Advertisement