Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

I'm about five days late with this one but thought some might be interested to know that Ringrose is not a stranger to Joe's training methods. IIRC he was first brought into train with the extended squad two years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

sydthebeat wrote: »
    yes, definite last year there was at least weeks training camp which meant the 4 interpro games were shorn of the internationals.

Are you sure of that? It's hard to know with rotation but POC was starting for Munster on the 1st Jan and Conor Murray in the next game on the 10th.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,061 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Are you sure of that? It's hard to know with rotation but POC was starting for Munster on the 1st Jan and Conor Murray in the next game on the 10th.

afair the camp was the week before christmas?

but it was plainly obvious that 'player welfare' seriously affected the quality of squads all interpros put out over that period.

eg munster v leinster game

LEINSTER:

15. Zane Kirchner
    14. Darragh Fanning (Jimmy Gopperth, 64)
    13. Luke Fitzgerald
    12. Gordon D'Arcy
    11. Dave Kearney
    10. Ian Madigan
    9. Isaac Boss (Luke McGrath, 64)
    1. Michael Bent
    2. Richardt Strauss (Aaron Dundon, 71)
    3. Tadhg Furlong
    4. Mike McCarthy (Tom Denton, 71)
    5. Kane Douglas
    6. Dominic Ryan (Jordi Murphy, 14)
    7. Shane Jennings CAPTAIN
    8. Jack Conan

MUNSTER: F Jones CAPTAIN; A Conway, P Howard, D Hurley, R O'Mahony; I Keatley, D Williams; J Ryan, D Casey, S Archer, Donncha O'Callaghan, B Holland, CJ Stander, T O'Donnell, R Copeland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

AdamD wrote: »
    15. Rob Kearney
    14. Isa Nacewa CAPTAIN
    13. Ben Te'o
    12. Luke Fitzgerald
    11. Dave Kearney
    10. Johnny Sexton
    9. Luke McGrath
    1. Jack McGrath
    2. Richardt Strauss
    3. Tadhg Furlong
    4. Devin Toner
    5. Mike McCarthy
    6. Rhys Ruddock
    7. Sean O'Brien
    8. Jamie Heaslip

16. Sean Cronin
    17. Peter Dooley
    18. Marty Moore
    19. Tom Denton
    20. Dominic Ryan
    21. Eoin Reddan
    22. Ian Madigan
    23. Noel Reid

Why are we bothering with Teo?

Teo gets wages, so use his ability and others need rest. Reid and ferg are out too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Tarf1234

aimee1 wrote: »
    Teo gets wages, so use his ability and others need rest. Reid and ferg are out too

Reid is on the bench

• Advertisement

Reid gets a hard time on here and I think he adds a lot for us in attack. He definitely needs to work on his defensive guile but I think if he sorts this out there is a lot of quality there and him and Ringrose could well tear things up. Hope his season kicks on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Reid gets a hard time on here and I think he adds a lot for us in attack. He definitely needs to work on his defensive guile but I think if he sorts this out there is a lot of quality there and him and Ringrose could well tear things up. Hope his season kicks on.

I don't disagree with you on his attacking abilities but he's an absolute liability in defence. To the point where it looks like he shirks contact on occasion, which is an awful thing to say about a rugby player.

I don't disagree with you on his attacking abilities but he's an absolute liability in defence. To the point where it looks like he shirks contact on occasion, which is an awful thing to say about a rugby player.

Yeah there have been two stand out occasions where he really didn't commit to a tackle and this notion has developed since then. But the reality is that this guy has been playing rugby for a long time and I'd say those were situational errors rather than pointing to a more deep rooted fear of tackling.

Either that or he was carrying a knock of some description.

Regardless, it's his defensive positioning at times and the lack of impact when he tackles that is more of a concern for me. You see Dave Kearney absolutely milling players into touch regularly, Reid doesn't seem to have anything like this kind of power in his hits.

Tarf1234 wrote: »
    Reid is on the bench

Didnt read the subs list. But point is the same. Cant have teo collecting wages for training everyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

aimee1 wrote: »
    Didnt read the subs list. But point is the same. Cant have teo collecting wages for training everyday.

Yeah that's for Zane. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

Jawgap wrote: »

Plenty of really good guys out there now with huge experience so wouldn't be concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Jawgap wrote: »

Headline was "Cullen to leave Leinster for Dublin Role":rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Id imagine its good for guys like that to move to other sports and see how things are done and it will probably something that will happen more especially with ex GAA and rugby players who because of the 2 sports setups are likely to have qualifications when they retire from playing. Wasn't Flannery with Arsenal for a year or two before going back to Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

salmocab wrote: »
    Id imagine its good for guys like that to move to other sports and see how things are done and it will probably something that will happen more especially with ex GAA and rugby players who because of the 2 sports setups are likely to have qualifications when they retire from playing. Wasn't Flannery with Arsenal for a year or two before going back to Munster.

Himself and Johnny O'Connor were there doing fitness I think. O'Connor might still be?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I don't think he shirks it, he does sandbag though. His latest injury seemed to come directly from poor body positioning in the tackle. Which if iirc was the second time in as many minutes he managed to do the same in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MB678

What a try! Great crossfield kick and fantastic play by D.Kearney to get over the tryline.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

We've only lost 2 in the league so far and the record is only losing 3.

I think we'll come close to that this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

CatFromHue wrote: »
    We've only lost 2 in the league so far and the record is only losing 3.

I think we'll come close to that this season.

Also have 9 wins already, only got 11 in the entire season last year so huge improvement, in the league at least.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

And top of the table with a game in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Stheno wrote: »
    And top of the table with a game in hand.

Hmmm the game in hand is Glasgow away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

vienne86 wrote: »
    Hmmm the game in hand is Glasgow away.

During the 6N, isn't it? Should make it a little more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,008 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

7 league wins in a row now, and that includes Ospreys, Connacht, Munster, Ulster, Scarlets and Glasgow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

sheep? wrote: »
    During the 6N, isn't it? Should make it a little more interesting.

Glasgow have been poor this season. I wouldn't be as worried about that fixture as I was last season at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Neil3030 wrote: »
    7 league wins in a row now, and that includes Ospreys, Connacht, Munster, Ulster, Scarlets and Glasgow.

Yeah Edinburgh are the only top 8 side missing from that list. Very happy with our form in the league. We're still getting better too.

• Administrators Posts: 53,415 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Have to be favourites to win it with this current form.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,008 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Best D in the league too. Only 11.3 points per game conceded.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

The addition of Nacewa and Sexton is so huge. It's guys like Nacewa we need in games like that.

Where we replace him from next time though I have no idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Where we replace him from next time though I have no idea.

Let's worry about that in 2 years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement