Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Guacamelee is great fun. only played about an hour-ish though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

one free game pisses me off tbh knowing ps4 get three free this month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Loved the complete lack of subtly of their metroid nod near the beginning where you
    break the statue

Edit: There a tonne of references to other games in this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I am loving Guacamelee :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

one free game pisses me off tbh knowing ps4 get three free this month

a free game is a free game :pac:

especially a new release one

dunworth1 wrote: »
    a free game is a free game :pac:

especially a new release one
    oh free is free but three free is better lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

oh free is free but three free is better lol

ps fanclub is that way ----> ;)

dunworth1 wrote: »
    ps fanclub is that way ----> ;)
    now where did i put that facepalm meme :D

a ps fanboy i am not lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,602 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Gotham City Imposters is pretty fun. It's a poor mans team fortress but a decent laugh for a few hours with some friends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,872 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Can you play solo? My gold will run out in a few days!

mrcheez wrote: »
    Can you play solo? My gold will run out in a few days!
    Gotham City Imposters is online only, there's no single player mode.

d'oh

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭SamBrugha

Gotham imposters looks awesome for what it is though!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,399 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I thought it was a free to play game anyway?

You still need gold to play online. Does it have bots like Quake 3 Arena?

I haven't yet installed the thing as I need to get a 32GB USB stick :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I thought it was a free to play game anyway?

Free to play on PC, xbox version was always a buy in.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,399 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Free to play on PC, xbox version was always a buy in.

Ah that's how I got confused. Is there still loads of micro transactions and that?

Ah that's how I got confused. Is there still loads of micro transactions and that?

I dont know to be honest, I just heard some guy on a podcast clarifying the same point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Battleblock Theater available for free from today on Xbox 360, website hasn't updated yet but presume if you search for the game it will be free to download...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Found this on the Xbox site there now, under Games with gold. Its in my queue now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

It's a cutesy puzzler/platformer but seems a bit easy, that said I only played the first 9 levels so maybe it gets more challenging?

It was perfect for my 5 year old boy who breezed through the first chapter without much bother. Pausing only to explode the main character over and over again because when he blows up he makes a farting sound.

Hilarious. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Cute puzzle platformer? Seriously Microsoft out of all the games in the 360 library this is what we get for our annual subscription??!

Have you even looked at what Sony is doing with PS plus?!!

I could continue to rant but whats the point.

On the plus side due to me spending sooooo much time on the Gears of War and Halo franchises since launch I'm yet to play the bulk of the 360 catalogue.

I bought enslaved today for €6 in gamestop. That'll keep me busy for the weekend. Looks like a hidden gem for want of a better term. Got decent reviews but sold poorly.

Got loads of other games in the xtravision marketplace online shop recently too.

Cute puzzle platformer? Seriously Microsoft out of all the games in the 360 library this is what we get for our annual subscription??!

Have you even looked at what Sony is doing with PS plus?!!

I could continue to rant but whats the point.

On the plus side due to me spending sooooo much time on the Gears of War and Halo franchises since launch I'm yet to play the bulk of the 360 catalogue.

I bought enslaved today for €6 in gamestop. That'll keep me busy for the weekend. Looks like a hidden gem for want of a better term. Got decent reviews but sold poorly.

Got loads of other games in the xtravision marketplace online shop recently too.

We got dark souls and street fighter 4 last month. To be honest I'd rather be getting games I've never played than aaa titles I'm almost certain to have bought at launch

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

"Games with gold" is fairly crap, hardly a selling point and more of a weak effort at matching sony's far superior model. Like you, I bought a shed load of games cheaply from XVmarketplace - recently finished Tomb Raider and currently trudging my way through AC4 (it's so boring and repetitive, but I've started it so I have to finish it!). My unplayed back catalogue should run out around about the time Destiny gets released so I think I'll make a call on which of the "next gen" consoles I'll invest in then.

My unplayed back catalogue should run out around about the time Destiny gets released

There's always the dream...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

We got dark souls and street fighter 4 last month. To be honest I'd rather be getting games I've never played than aaa titles I'm almost certain to have bought at launch

Not everyone bought all AAA titles at launch or afterwards for that matter.

Also games like Enslaved which I bought today for €6 for example wouldnt be a AAA title and theres plenty more like that that didnt sell particularly well that still got good reviews.

Like pleasant Co. though I'm just attempting to get through my backlog.

I know I was giving out about the games for gold but I have no reason to really other than wanting something for my annual sub. PS plus is just such a better service in this regard. I actually have a backlog on my Vita at this point because they've given me so many top quality games since I bought it last year I cant keep up!

My current backlog on 360 will keep me going till Xmas 2016 thanks to the xtravision marketplace and precious little time on the telly!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ItsShane

Also games like Enslaved which I bought today for €6 for example wouldnt be a AAA title and theres plenty more like that that didnt sell particularly well that still got good reviews.

I know I was giving out about the games for gold but I have no reason to really other than wanting something for my annual sub. PS plus is just such a better service in this regard. I actually have a backlog on my Vita at this point because they've given me so many top quality games since I bought it last year I cant keep up!

My current backlog on 360 will keep me going till Xmas 2016 thanks to the xtravision marketplace and precious little time on the telly!

Similarly, I too have a big backlog on 360 with Games for gold.
    I sold my 360 to afford the X1, but I have been adding the games for gold games to my download queue. I'll pick up a 360 sometime soon for a few quid and play the hell out of them. Will keep me going for a long time.

Thats my problem with the service, anyone who is a heavy gamer is not rewarded by this at all unfortunately :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

pm1977x wrote: »
    It's a cutesy puzzler/platformer but seems a bit easy, that said I only played the first 9 levels so maybe it gets more challenging?

Try 2 player local co-op, worlds 5, 6 and 7 will kick your ***

Also it's probably one of the funniest, in a dumb way, games i've ever played.

I actually paid about €15 for it on launch day cause i liked Castle Crashers so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Crimson Dragon and Strike Suit Zero are Augusts free games with gold on xbox one, I'm happy with crimson dragon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

wexdevil wrote: »
    Crimson Dragon and Strike Suit Zero are Augusts free games with gold on xbox one, I'm happy with crimson dragon

Any word on the 360 games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Any word on the 360 games?

On Xbox 360, starting Friday, August 1st, Motocross Madness (normally US $9.99) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through August 15th.

Then on August 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Dishonored (normally US $19.99) for free through August 31st.

Dishonoured?? Nice!!! Delighted I never bought it in the sales now :D

Ah crap have both of them.

But good games to get for nothing especially Dishonoured.

Motorcross Madness only gets booted up when the wife's kid nephews visit and they love it. It was only 2euro in a sale at xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Dishonoured?? Nice!!! Delighted I never bought it in the sales now :D

Think I picked that up in the Steam Sale there recently...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Good shout with Dishonored. one of favourite games from last gen. but yeah shame i've already played it ha

Myrddin wrote: »
    Think I picked that up in the Steam Sale there recently...

Yeah it's had good discounts on Xbox live too, nearly bought it last time but for I had too much of a back log to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Crimson Dragon and Strike Suit Zero Xbox One August free games, don't think even free will get me download either of those.

• Advertisement

Just a quick question, I presume you can't attach these free One games to your account if you don't have a One can you? Like how PS+ works, you 'buy' the content via the site...

Just a quick question, I presume you can't attach these free One games to your account if you don't have a One can you? Like how PS+ works, you 'buy' the content via the site...

You can via xbox.com.

I've been attaching them to mine, whether I'll be able to play them when I finally get a One or not I'm not sure but it definitely lets you "purchase" them at least.

I'm not sure, I've got free games via the Microsoft site before and then downloaded them when I got home but don't know if you have to have a console connected to your online account in order to do this.

PS. Motocross Madness and Dishonored will be available to gamers on the Xbox 360.

Wouldn't you also have to have a paid up Xbox Live account or they'd disappear each month?

I've been attaching them to mine, whether I'll be able to play them when I finally get a One or not I'm not sure but it definitely lets you "purchase" them at least.

Gah! Trying to buy it there via Xbox.com using the gold account. I stupidly set up that account with my sons real age (thinking I could monitor what he plays), & apparently purchasing with child/teen accounts isn't currently available. I looked in his privacy settings on the console, & purchasing of content is set to 'on'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

twam2008 wrote: »
    Wouldn't you also have to have a paid up Xbox Live account or they'd disappear each month?

If you have a gold account when you purchase it, the you will be ok. It'll be listed as one of your games.

On Xbox one, if you want to play it at a later stage you will need a valid Gold account (or a console with Home Gold) to play the game.

I paid 19.99 for Strike Suit Zero when it came out during a spate of boredom :(

No way it was worth it, it's kind of like zone of enders. I found it difficult due to controls not feeling right and hard to work out what was going on at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

twam2008 wrote: »
    I'm not sure, I've got free games via the Microsoft site before and then downloaded them when I got home but don't know if you have to have a console connected to your online account in order to do this.

PS. Motocross Madness and Dishonored will be available to gamers on the Xbox 360.

Dishonoured.... Having just been in the Ultimate Game Sale.... Now from what I've heard, I wasn't exactly robbed getting it for five or ten quid whatever it was, but seriously, even when they're giving away recent and critically acclaimed games they're pissing me off!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I think Dishonored might be the first GwG that I havn't played and actually want! :)

Bit of a prediction, far cry 3 has been in the sales a lot lately too, I bet it'll be free before the 4th one drops.

• Advertisement
Advertisement