Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso Machine

Options
  • 21-02-2011 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I'm looking for the best value nespresso machine I can get in the Dublin area. I'm leaning towards one with a milk frother but that's not essential. If possible I'd like it to be under €200

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

€149 in Kildare village

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Anywhere closer to Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

cgarrad wrote: »
    €149 in Kildare village

If you cant get one of value in dublin sign up for the kildare village newsletter on their website and occasionally you'll get an email for a further 20% off. Got one before christmas for the mother for under €80.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whore

i wouldn't waste my money if i were you and just invest in a decent espresso machine, at the price you're talking about you can get very good ones

http://www.delonghi.com/uk_en/products/ec-330s/ i got one of them for my mother for christmas for around 150 euro and i love the fact that i get to use it when i go home as it makes beautiful coffee

i got a cheaper one for around 80 euro and i regret it as it's not half as nice as the 150 euro one

Edit: just to say, the machine i sent a link to there also does nespresso pods ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

I had a decent espresso machine myself a few years ago but I really didn't get the use out of it to be honest.

The nespresso is aimed at herself as she loves her coffee first thing in the morning whereas I'm just intolerable regardless. I'm looking at the nespresso because it's just pop in a cartridge and push a button, any more then that and she'll lose interest. If she was messing about with grinders and bags of coffee then it just wouldn't fly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭billyhead

I am also in the market for an affordable and reliable cappacino maker- (I buy too many takeaways ones) with milk frother etc that is easy to use (i.e none of this messing with beans etc), so along with the OP if anyone has suggestions as to where I could get one please post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Hi All,

You've prob all bought your machines by now but if now kildare village are having a spring sale with 20% off in the majority of shops. You need to show the email they've sent out at the front and they'll give you a wrist band, If anyone wants me to send them on my email just drop me a PM. Can work out to a nice saving on these machines if your not to far away.

and you can just show them the email on your phone, no need to print it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Don't listen to anyone. Nespresso machines are the absolute best thing ever. Just pop in the tab of the coffee you want (which is cheap and delicious) and you have your shot.

Well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Don't listen to anyone. Nespresso machines are the absolute best thing ever. Just pop in the tab of the coffee you want (which is cheap and delicious) and you have your shot.

Well worth it.

38c for a superb cup of coffee - worth every cent. Even Mr Heston Blumenthal uses Nepresso in his Fat Duck restaurant (3 michelin stars).

If its good enough for the mad scientist, its good enough for me.

Kildare Village sale is from Thursday to Sunday. Register at KildareVillage.com and you'll get 20% off in nearly every store. - Home and Cook has the nepresso machines.

- If you don't drive, train from Hueston to kildare and a courtesy bus from the station.

But if driving, its a nice day out especially if you add a trip to national stud / japenese gardens and a creamy pint of black stuff in cuninghams:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭billyhead

91011 wrote: »
    38c for a superb cup of coffee - worth every cent. Even Mr Heston Blumenthal uses Nepresso in his Fat Duck restaurant (3 michelin stars).

If its good enough for the mad scientist, its good enough for me.

Kildare Village sale is from Thursday to Sunday. Register at KildareVillage.com and you'll get 20% off in nearly every store. - Home and Cook has the nepresso machines.

- If you don't drive, train from Hueston to kildare and a courtesy bus from the station.

But if driving, its a nice day out especially if you add a trip to national stud / japenese gardens and a creamy pint of black stuff in cuninghams:D

Would the nespresso machine for sale have a milk frother or would you have to buy that seperately. I do love the milk frothed toppings in lattes and capacc:Dinos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

billyhead wrote: »
    Would the nespresso machine for sale have a milk frother or would you have to buy that seperately. I do love the milk frothed toppings in lattes and capacc:Dinos
    I think they do make one that has that on it, but IMO grab one of these and save some cash: http://www.aerolatte.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭The Black Pearl

Having owned a few different machines over the years I’m convinced the best option is a stove top espresso maker. By far the least hassle anyway. The nespresso machine is alot better than some of the conventional machines where the required maintenance quickly wears off the novelty factor associated.

Get a Bialetti if you choose to buy a stove top and make sure it’s an original, alot of fakes out there.

Advertisement