Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IKEA - kerbside delivery to rural house?

Options
  • 07-10-2020 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭

does anyone know if ikeas kerbside delivery is ok to use for a rural house? It looks like it's meant for urban, but it's coming up as an option for my eircode....

it's half the price of their delivery to one room only option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,616 ✭✭✭✭listermint

ablelocks wrote: »
    does anyone know if ikeas kerbside delivery is ok to use for a rural house? It looks like it's meant for urban, but it's coming up as an option for my eircode....

it's half the price of their delivery to one room only option.

I don't understand the question. Kerbside delivery means deliver to your front door. Why would being in a rural environment impact that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

listermint wrote: »
    I don't understand the question. Kerbside delivery means deliver to your front door. Why would being in a rural environment impact that.

from ikea - Selected day delivery - Kerbside
    Delivery 4+ days - to the pavement outside your property only. This includes flats or buildings with multiple dwellings inside.

there is no kerbside, main road is about 200m from the front door - i've no issue with carrying the package up myself, but because it's half the price of the std delivery, i thought maybe kerbside was for urban locations only.

(I couldn't get thru to ikea customer service and chat function isn't working so thought i'd ask here to see if anyone had any experience with it.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

ablelocks wrote: »
    there is no kerbside, main road is about 200m from the front door - i've no issue with carrying the package up myself, but because it's half the price of the std delivery, i thought maybe kerbside was for urban locations only.

(I couldn't get thru to ikea customer service and chat function isn't working so thought i'd ask here to see if anyone had any experience with it.)

I got a delivery this morning from Ikea, they will not enter the home regardless of your delivery service with the new restrictions. They will drop it at the door as long as the van can navigate it. I live up a small Boreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Yeah, "kerbside" delivery means that in rural areas, they'll bring it to your front door. Doesn't matter if there's not actually a kerb there! :)

It's more of a term for urban deliveries all right, where the item could be dropped off at the main entrance of a block of apartments, for instance. But it's definitely the option to go for in your own particular case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

good to know, thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement