Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgetting about cash job.

Options
  • 28-09-2020 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

I have got my accountant to file my tax return for last year already however there has been 3 weeks worth of cash jobs I forget to tell him about. Ive only remembered about it last night . Stupidly I forgotten that pit them in my diary at the time. Is it a simple process of phoning the accountant up, telling him about this and he pays another few weeks worth of tax or will I be hot with penalties for already filing then forgetting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

kingbhome wrote: »
    I have got my accountant to file my tax return for last year already however there has been 3 weeks worth of cash jobs I forget to tell him about. Ive only remembered about it last night . Stupidly I forgotten that pit them in my diary at the time. Is it a simple process of phoning the accountant up, telling him about this and he pays another few weeks worth of tax or will I be hot with penalties for already filing then forgetting.

There won't be any penalties

The penalities for for filing late or fraudulent returns and when caught

In your case, because it's last year return that is already submitted a simple amendment can be made

The deadline was extended to 13th if December this year so now that's yours is in, youve plenty of time however I'd recommend getting your accountant to file the amendment this week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

I always forget my cash jobs
    but I also give 10% discount for cash

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

wally1990 wrote: »
    There won't be any penalties

The penalities for for filing late or fraudulent returns and when caught

In your case, because it's last year return that is already submitted a simple amendment can be made

The deadline was extended to 13th if December this year so now that's yours is in, youve plenty of time however I'd recommend getting your accountant to file the amendment this week

Why recommend this week? Is there a pacticlar reason?

Advertisement