Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avant Mortgages

Options
  • 20-09-2020 8:35am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17

Does anyone know if avant offer a cash lump sum to pay for legal fees if you switch mortgages to them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ngunners

Does anyone know if avant offer a cash lump sum to pay for legal fees if you switch mortgages to them?

I don’t believe so. They are extremely competitive on interest rates but a mortgage broker I spoke to told me they don’t do cashback offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Green Mile

The lack of cashback option places other banks that do offer cashback In a competitive position still. Getting €3k cash back can outweigh the 1.95% interest rate in some situations.
    Also, you only get the 1.95% interest rate if you have a 40% deposit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Mortgage Question

ngunners wrote: »
    I don’t believe so. They are extremely competitive on interest rates but a mortgage broker I spoke to told me they don’t do cashback offers.

Ok thanks, that rules out Avant then.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Ok thanks, that rules out Avant then.

Because some random person on the internet knows more about their business than they do....

Why not contact them and ask them what they can do, before dismissing them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Mortgage Question

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Because some random person on the internet knows more about their business than they do....

I have, I'll ask them to confirm. But assuming they don't offer cashback I'm ruling them out. I might actually go to PTSB as my current account is with them, so less hassel moving, 2% cashback, and they are offering 2.5%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

Jim2007 wrote: »

You can't contact Avant directly. All business is via brokers.

Based on the CCPC comparison and the Askaboutmoney comparison, Avant do not provide cashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 banjostring

Avant definitely don’t offer Cashback or switcher money at the moment. I’m in the process of switching at the minute and when you take the €3000.00 offered by KBC to switch you will have approximately €1500.00 leftover after you pay your solicitor. In my case I am far better off going to KBC, fixing for 3 years & putting the leftover money off my principal. I will be paying a 0.3% higher interest rate for the 3 year term but will be ultimately better off at the end of the term.

I assume Avant won’t be offering selfbuild mortgages? Couldn’t see anything on their website but my feeling is they won’t. I know KBC don’t offer them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i was talking to a broker about avant - there are geo-restrictions, possibly profession restrictions, no cash back.

we'll be switching to KBC

• Registered Users Posts: 41 banjostring

ablelocks wrote: »
    i was talking to a broker about avant - there are geo-restrictions, possibly profession restrictions, no cash back.

Agree 100%. I’m just about there with KBC on the switch, should be complete over the next two weeks. Such a pity Avant aren’t offering the 3K cash. It would be great to lock in for 7 years at 1.95 as I can’t see it getting much better !!

• Advertisement

ablelocks wrote: »

What do you mean geo restrictions, are they only lending to Dublin and Cork regions as that is where their chosen brokers are based.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

What do you mean geo restrictions, are they only lending to Dublin and Cork regions as that is where their chosen brokers are based.

Yes, main cities, see the discussion on AAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mcgrata

don't touch them. I tried to switch for a small saving per month. LTV 40%. after 3 months of form filling they informed me I need a survey at my own expense because the house was more than 100 years old. Out of the Blue. I gave them pre purchase survey and they said they needed engineer signoff the works took place. I don't have them as the survey was advisory and didn't do the work. No mention of this until now. Now I can't switch but need to give my solicitor 1800 EUR for the work he has done.

Advertisement