Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

There’s 2 guys in hi vis jackets sitting in a dressing room. That’s about it. The parcels are all left lying around the dressing room in crates

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

6 day's my parcel is in transit. It's a joke at this stage. I've emailed them & they said I should wait 96 hours at this time of year. I think somebody can't do their maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭lalipule

Does anyone know if I change my delivery address to work address while the parcel is in transit, will that work? Or is this only for future parcel that didn't reach NI depot (2 also  have 2 more parcels coming in soon)? I asked on Twitter but got no reply. I guess they  have lost of queries from people waiting for delayed parcels. Mine is in transit since 4th December.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

lalipule wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I change my delivery address to work address while the parcel is in transit, will that work? Or is this only for future parcel that didn't reach NI depot (2 also  have 2 more parcels coming in soon)? I asked on Twitter but got no reply. I guess they  have lost of queries from people waiting for delayed parcels. Mine is in transit since 4th December.

If you've received the image of it thats Dublin not NI and it is now too late to change.

ED E wrote: »
    Three part order from Ebay, seller sent all three same day, collected and handed off to RM same day. Two arrived in Antrim on the 1st, third is MIA. If UKMail/RM got 2/3 to the destination Im inclined to think the odds are PM have lost part 3.

Find my parcel process initiated.

Seems like theyre unwilling to help if the delivery isnt signed for. Glad it wasn't high value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

6 day's my parcel is in transit. It's a joke at this stage. I've emailed them & they said I should wait 96 hours at this time of year. I think somebody can't do their maths.

Vote with your Wallet and sign up to dpd parcel wizard. That’s what I’ve done. Won’t use pm again their customer service is a disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 16 k3v1n

Has anyone experienced being charged for an oversized package that wasn't actually oversized?

I had to pay the oversized rate for a package here and then for home delivery because I couldn't travel that far to the depot (the local ParcelMotel would have been fine). So it cost me 14.95 (7+7.95) instead of 3.95. When the package arrived it was 40x26x60 cm with a weight of 3.44Kg.

The ParcelMotel site seems to suggest the threshold is: 41x38x64 (10Kg).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Regm

Hi looking for help! I've recently got someone to post a parcel for me & they thought they didn't have to attach the barcode or address to the parcel. So it was sent with nothing on it 😩😩 How do I go about getting it back ???

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there. I've moved your thread here from the forum for site Feedback as this is more suitable.

To be honest, you be best contacting the service provider directly.

tHB

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Mod: Merged

You should ask the sender to contact PM directly, it will be easier for them to track from the locker that was posted from as the staff will need to scan the parcel when it was collected from the locker, so they could not scan as not barcode attached so I assume they opened some report about it.

When they put the parcel in the locker did you get a notification or can you see it on your account the parcel was stored? If you do not see it on your PM ask the sender for the tracking number, should be on their sent items.

Something else that it's strange they would need to scan the barcode to open the locker to store the parcel, how did they do that? Did they just scanned the printed barcode but didn't attached it to the parcel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

So 8 day's later I still don't have my parcel. Now it is in cancelled status on their web site.
    Has anybody ever had their parcel cancelled? Did you have to put in a claim?
    Parcel motel are a joke. I've now signed up to dpd wizard & will cancel my account with parcel motel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dubdev

Hi there

I returned a parcel to Amazon UK via Royal Mail using Parcel Motel during the week. I checked the tracker on PM's website and something on it confused me:

10/12/2017 20:45:47 DUBLIN Hub In
    09/12/2017 11:44:33 PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN Outbound
    08/12/2017 00:26:13 PM Cust Sent
    06/12/2017 19:16:16 PM Cust Stored

I was wondering what the top part (DUBLIN Hub in) meant - i.e. is it being returned back to Parcel Motel because there's a problem with the return or is it just being moved onward to another depot?

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

dubdev wrote: »

10/12/2017 20:45:47 DUBLIN Hub In
    09/12/2017 11:44:33 PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN Outbound
    08/12/2017 00:26:13 PM Cust Sent
    06/12/2017 19:16:16 PM Cust Stored

I was wondering what the top part (DUBLIN Hub in) meant - i.e. is it being returned back to Parcel Motel because there's a problem with the return or is it just being moved onward to another depot?

Thanks

Most likely moving from parcel motel in North City Business Park to Nightline in mygan

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Dutchy

Received an email Thursday stating my package had arrived at their depot in Dublin & that they were taking good care of it. Said package was due to be delivered to a motel within 1 day (or 2 days on December). That was Thursday & it is now Monday. I need this package by tomorrow as it is a birthday present. What are the odds of me getting the text to say it's ready for collection by tomorrow? I also emailed them but not confident they'll reply in good time. Stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Don't seem to be getting anywhere.
    - 3/12 - Incorrect package delivered to me. Expecting coffee machine received chain saw - somehow my label managed to get onto someone elses box and my coffee machine is in the place that lost things go.
    - 4/12 - Informed parcel motel
    - 4/12 - Provided all requested details.
    - At least 3-4 follow up via email and phone - fobbed off with "operation team is investigating"
    - 11/12 - Zero follow up from parcel motel, no one cares every time I'm chasing up.

I've been actively promoting parcel motel to friends and family. This will stop now as it's clear that when something goes wrong they are incapable of providing any level of customer service and their answers are designed to waste time.

I have been assured I will receive my coffee machine before xmas however I just have zero confidence in this.Unfortunately the original item is now out of stock and I'm force to buy a more expensive inferior product but i'm not using parcel motel so at least I know i'll get it..

I feel I have no choice but to hold onto the chainsaw until I've received

1) received refund for the lost item + adequate compensation/ good will gesture
    2) received my coffee machine + adequate compensation/good will gesture

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

OK I went into Parcel motel website and used the "Find Parcel" option. I provided my tracking number and voila the tool they provide has managed to find my package and I can see a picture which appears to match as i can see the remaining part of the label that was ripped with half managing to find itself onto the chain saw. The box is crumpled a bit on one side though.

I've been charged extra as apparently a coffee machine weighs 4 KG or the dimensions are too big which is strange... Apparently it will be sent out now.

So moral of this story don't bother contacting customer service they are incapable of using their own tools...

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭TimTom

ParcelMotel is officially broken. I've 4 packages stuck in limbo, the longest going back to December 6th.

One of the packages is supposedly oversized I'm told and I've been charged 7 Euro to pick it up from their depot. I'll be measuring the package as I don't believe it is oversized.

This ship is sinking, it's time to jump ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I've had a parcel delivered to NI sorting office on Saturday morning, and still no notifications.
    Another OS parcel I collected from local depot on the 29th Nov has still not been updated on the webpage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Panrich

TimTom wrote: »
    ParcelMotel is officially broken. I've 4 packages stuck in limbo, the longest going back to December 6th.

One of the packages is supposedly oversized I'm told and I've been charged 7 Euro to pick it up from their depot. I'll be measuring the package as I don't believe it is oversized.

This ship is sinking, it's time to jump ship.

Count yourself lucky. My package was oversized and I was charged €7.00, €7.00, €7.00 and €7.95 for a home delivery. I can't even open a case for it on the website.

Xcellor wrote: »
    OK I went into Parcel motel website and used the "Find Parcel" option. I provided my tracking number and voila the tool they provide has managed to find my package and I can see a picture which appears to match as i can see the remaining part of the label that was ripped with half managing to find itself onto the chain saw. The box is crumpled a bit on one side though.

I've been charged extra as apparently a coffee machine weighs 4 KG or the dimensions are too big which is strange... Apparently it will be sent out now.

So moral of this story don't bother contacting customer service they are incapable of using their own tools...

Wow. Thats a farce.
    OSI wrote: »
    An easy solution to ease congestion would be to stack multiple deliveries to the same user in the same locker. If I order 3 things that would fit in 1 locker, then use 1 locker not 3 separate ones wasting a lot of space. I've no problem paying the charge for 3 deliveries, but it'd be easier for me not having to enter 3 separate codes and it'd be better for PM as it'll free up space.

Assuming the locker product is off the shelf (gotta be) I dont see PM having any dev smarts on board. They implemented a QR system (updated I would guess) but dont include the QR in the email that would be infinitely faster for customers collecting packages. Site also runs like garbage on a weekly basis.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Vote with your Wallet and sign up to dpd parcel wizard. That’s what I’ve done. Won’t use pm again their customer service is a disgrace

Unfortunately I found parcel wizard even worse. I ended up with everything that was delivered by DPD being left in my local shop, even stuff that had none of my parcel wizard info on it and was supposed to be going to my home. They also lost a parcel on me and their customer care was useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,639 ✭✭✭✭josip

Got an email from Parcel Motel today at 10:12 saying my parcel was being redirected to Kilmacud and would be available to collect from tomorrow.
    Emailed them back straight away to say nope and to deliver to Deansgrange as normal.
    Got an email from them at 11:28 saying my Parcel was available for collection in Kilmacud.
    Checked my settings and as others here have warned, they've updated my delivery destination to Kilmacud without telling me.
    Bunch of c....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

In case anybody is in doubt, I can attest to home delivery being the most reliable option where possible.
    Just got two items delivered a day apart via Newtownabbey.

Bit of a groundhog day for the delivery driver there too, delivering the exact same item at approximately the same time, yesterday and today.
    Unfortunately I wasn't there today to answer the door.

I got this thing on amazon, and I've no idea why but they sent me two for the price of one.
    Personally, I like to imagine it's the work of ParcelMotel themselves, cloning my package as a security measure for losing one last christmas.

Only downside is being charged €7.95x2 for delivery and having my balance go into the negative :(

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol_

got email at 4pm sunday 2-dec item delivered was down at my parcel motel with in 30 mins

opened up package as it seemed a bit light had ordered a nintendo switch bundle
    to my surprise 2 lampshades in side i thought i was after getting scammed then i checked the label and while the parcel motel label was corrert they original label was for someone else.

so i rang straight away explained this to them and they say we will halt the delivery of the other package sorry for this can you put the items back in motel

grand i thought never had a problem with them before giving them benfit of the doubt

tried to log into my parcel motel account then and i couldnt
    strange i thought
    reset password multiple times no joy
    rang customer service next day explained situation oh we will reset it here try again in a few hours

still no joy

ring tueday wheres my package why cant i get into my account
    your package is in limerick we are just awaiting it to be sent up and you account is suspended while we sort this

ring every day til friday oh should be here in 1-2 days

ring again yesterday yea we know about this we will get our ops manager to rings their ops manager and get back to you today on this

ring this morning yea we can see you have a ticket open for this it should be there soon..

at this stage i feel like driving to limerick to get package if its even there now..

sorry for rambling post so frustrating

what do you think my chances of getting this back are, slim or none

They're basically crossing their fingers that the other person will willingly return your package, which isn't likely to happen.

Well “they said” they intercepted package before it went to motel and “have it in limerick depot” just a delay in getting it back up to me..

ikol_ wrote: »
    Well “they said” they intercepted package before it went to motel and “have it in limerick depot” just a delay in getting it back up to me..

Id be slow to believe them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

They're basically crossing their fingers that the other person will willingly return your package, which isn't likely to happen.

Jesus you have no faith in humanity. If someone ordered two lampshades and got a Nintendo switch instead they should be returning it when contacted. Otherwise they are a serious dick. With any courier service like PM there are always going to be a few mix ups. Especially this time of year.

Earlier this year they sent a package of mine on a magical mystery tour of Dublin, Cork and Athlone depots.
    When I eventually made contact with someone in there with more than the minimal interest in their customers, it was sorted out quickly and with a credit.
    I'd say that guy has long since left.
    Do UPS own them now?

• Advertisement

My cousin works in a bank, every week they have at least 2 or 3 people mistakenly lodge money into the wrong account. The bank will only take the money back if the receiver agrees, she says they'll maybe get 1 a month who says yes.

Has your cousin ever told you what happens when it's the bank that mistakenly lodges the money?

Advertisement