Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact tracing jobs

Options
  • 19-10-2020 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi just wondering has anyone applied for these jobs or already got one thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

tiny14 wrote: »

Hi.. I applied,received a guards vetting form and nothing since.
    Did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

gelsthe wrote: »
    Hi.. I applied,received a guards vetting form and nothing since.
    Did you?

Hi thanks so much for replying. I got one too yesterday and sent it back so they could be doing this before interview rather than interviewing and then not pass garda vetting!! Are you thru an agency or direct?

Hi thanks so much for replying. I got one too yesterday and sent it back so they could be doing this before interview rather than interviewing and then not pass garda vetting!! Are you thru an agency or direct?

I applied via CPL health care I think it was.. the vetting was 3 weeks ago straight after my application and not a word since 🀔.

Did you apply directly?

I applied via CPL health care I think it was.. the vetting was 3 weeks ago straight after my application and not a word since 🀔.

Did you apply directly?

No mine thru CPL too & i applied for limerick area and when they rmailed yesterday they said they noticed i didnt do garda vetting form so its gone back now!! Wonder is there many positions? We probably wont no anymore until they contact us further

No mine thru CPL too & i applied for limerick area and when they rmailed yesterday they said they noticed i didnt do garda vetting form so its gone back now!! Wonder is there many positions? We probably wont no anymore until they contact us further

Can I ask when did you apply for the job?

• Advertisement

I applied over a week ago

• Registered Users Posts: 20 alzo93

Hey, I applied for this too, over a month ago now and have gone through a few of the steps. Here's what I've done so far;

Mid September: Applied for the job

2 Weeks Later: Received the initial garda vetting form

The Following Week: Got a phone call from the recruiter for a phone interview (you don't get advanced warning of this so be sure to keep an eye on your phone). It's after this phone call that your details will be sent for vetting because they want to make sure that you fit the job requirements

Last Week: Received another email from them to fill out the occupational health questionnaire

Now it's just a waiting game to see what's next. You'll know when your garda vetting is complete because you'll receive an email letting you know as the guards are required to let you know that your vetting is done and what the result of it was.

If you've any questions I'll try my best to answer them for you.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Vieira82

Hi, how can one apply for this? Is it WFH? I have an underlying condition and looking for something atm working from home. Thanks for any help <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

There are several contact tracing centres around the country so the majority (if not all) contact tracers would be based there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Anyone aware where the centres are located in Dublin? I've a friend interested in the role and looks like more jobs to come on board but they may be limited by lack of transport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Is the recruitment process for this already completed?

Vieira82 wrote: »
    Hi, how can one apply for this? Is it WFH? I have an underlying condition and looking for something atm working from home. Thanks for any help <3

https://cplhealthcare.com/contact-tracing-jobs-ireland/

Heres the link.... give it a go.. its a bit long winded so give yourself time to complete it

alzo93 wrote: »
    Hey, I applied for this too, over a month ago now and have gone through a few of the steps. Here's what I've done so far;

The Following Week: Got a phone call from the recruiter for a phone interview (you don't get advanced warning of this so be sure to keep an eye on your phone). It's after this phone call that your details will be sent for vetting because they want to make sure that you fit the job requirements

Last Week: Received another email from them to fill out the occupational health questionnaire

Now it's just a waiting game to see what's next. You'll know when your garda vetting is complete because you'll receive an email letting you know as the guards are required to let you know that your vetting is done and what the result of it was.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for reply & all the info! Is it facetime call or normal? What do they ask you? Id say you will be called quick as they announced tonight taking on more people so hope u get called soon

Good luck!

Thanks so much for reply & all the info! Is it facetime call or normal? What do they ask you? Id say you will be called quick as they announced tonight taking on more people so hope u get called soon

Vieira82 wrote: »

Apply through cpl healthcare & as far as i no its all based in contact centers

Tristram wrote: »
    Is the recruitment process for this already completed?

Yes but you can still apply thru cpl healthcare

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Anyone know what the salary is like for this? Thanks

dashdoll wrote: »
    Anyone know what the salary is like for this? Thanks

I stand to be corrected but think 24,000

Hey! It's just a regular phone call, which is fine. The questions are rather varied. It's things like are you good with computers and have a basic understanding of how they work, are you willing to do shift work (between 8am - 8pm but might change depending on what the HSE requires), are you looking for full or part time (they operate 7 days a week), they point out that its a stressful and emotional kind of job because most of the time you will be calling people who've tested positive (unless you're assigned to close contacts that day) because you might get one person who acts with indifference, another who might react with anger and others who could be overcome with emotion and start to cry so how would you react to this? They ask what would you do to be as reassuring as possible and how you would gather your thoughts after a difficult call (because you might be calling someone to tell them that while they are negative, their child or another close relative is positive and if they react with emotion, it could also affect you so it's important that you take care of yourself mentally and emotionally when and if you need to between calls because you are just as important as the people you are calling and it's important to always allow yourself some time to remember that if you need to! They'll tell you about the infection control methods they have in place in the contact tracing centres so you know what's available to you and they'll tell you to give you're references a heads up that they will be contacted by the garda vetting bureau in the coming days.

I think that's everything they mentioned, but if I remember more I'll be sure to post it! It's a very casual conversation so you'll do great as long as you use common sense.

I hope to hear something soon, it's been over a week now I think since I sent back the occupational health questionnaire so here's hoping for some news soon!

I heard the Dublin one is in Baldonnell. Not 100% that is true or not ...

• Advertisement

According to gov.ie, the locations of the contact tracing offices are;

Curragh Army Camp

Health Information and Quality (HIQA) Dublin/Cork

Revenue Commissioners (Dublin/UL)

Trinity College Dublin (TCD)

Dublin City University (DCU)

University College Dublin (UCD)

University College Cork (UCC)

University of Limerick (UL)

National University of Ireland Galway (NUIG)

Galway Mayo Institute of Technology (GMIT)

Merlin Park University Hospital

That is of course, the published list so there very well could be additional centres that have opened since this list was made available or they could be in the process if opening more centres. I'm also a little surprised that there isn't a centre on the Maynooth University campus given the head of the university is on the NPHET team, I would've thought putting one there was a no brainer!

Hey! It's just a regular phone call, which is fine. The questions are rather varied. It's things like are you good with computers and have a basic understanding of how they work, are you willing to do shift work (between 8am - 8pm but might change depending on what the HSE requires), are you looking for full or part time (they operate 7 days a week), they point out that its a stressful and emotional kind of job because most of the time you will be calling people who've tested positive (unless you're assigned to close contacts that day) because you might get one person who acts with indifference, another who might react with anger and others who could be overcome with emotion and start to cry so how would you react to this? They ask what would you do to be as reassuring as possible and how you would gather your thoughts after a difficult call (because you might be calling someone to tell them that while they are negative, their child or another close relative is positive and if they react with emotion, it could also affect you so it's important that you take care of yourself mentally and emotionally when and if you need to between calls because you are just as important as the people you are calling and it's important to always allow yourself some time to remember that if you need to! They'll tell you about the infection control methods they have in place in the contact tracing centres so you know what's available to you and they'll tell you to give you're references a heads up that they will be contacted by the garda vetting bureau in the coming days.

I think that's everything they mentioned, but if I remember more I'll be sure to post it! It's a very casual conversation so you'll do great as long as you use common sense.

I hope to hear something soon, it's been over a week now I think since I sent back the occupational health questionnaire so here's hoping for some news soon!

Thanks so much for all the help & info ive herd no more since last week with the vetting email!! I hope you get word from them soon as you have the hard work done!! Best of luck & keep me posted or private mail me if you prefer & hope you hear sooner rather than later

Thanks so much for all the help & info ive herd no more since last week with the vetting email!! I hope you get word from them soon as you have the hard work done!! Best of luck & keep me posted or private mail me if you prefer & hope you hear sooner rather than later

Hi did you hear anymore? I havnt since garda betting over 2 weeks ago so im not expecting anymore to happen tbh

I'm the same, nothing since the vetting email 😒..
    Don't even have a contact to call anyone, do you?

I'm the same, nothing since the vetting email 😒..
    Don't even have a contact to call anyone, do you?

Im same & no contact details either to contact them just to see what is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

Hi. I've been filling in the form on the CPL website and saw it asks what type of healthcare professional you are. I'm not a healthcare professional. I thought anyone could apply to be a contact tracer. Is that wrong? Am i filling in the wrong form?

I think if you pick the option "other" as far as i remember - you can put in whatever area you are in... defo not healthcare specific

Got email today saying they got high volume of applications and will be going thru thrm and be in contact if needed in due course!! I applied aeeks ago and this is 1st update since

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

I think if you pick the option "other" as far as i remember - you can put in whatever area you are in... defo not healthcare specific

Thanks. I'll have another look at the form so. A friend of mine got her job offer today for contact tracing. She only applied on Thursday last so seems she has got a really quick turnaround. She is a healthcare professional though.

• Advertisement

Thanks. I'll have another look at the form so. A friend of mine got her job offer today for contact tracing. She only applied on Thursday last so seems she has got a really quick turnaround. She is a healthcare professional though.

I think they get preference over people with no health care experience but i could be wrong but good luck with your application

Advertisement