Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health insurance comparison - Am I doing all I can?

Options
  • 18-10-2020 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭

My parents asked me to have a look at their health insurance to see if they could get similar level of cover for less cash

I've used the HIA site to compare what they are on which is 4D Health 3 to any similar plans in the same price bracket

and the only similar plans in a similar price range are Laya Prime and Better Active from ILH (same company their existing policy is with)

Neither of these plans are significantly cheaper and they dont seem to offer quite as good benefits in some areas

My question are

1) Is that it? as that all I can do? ...are there any other good options out there and does the HIA site cover all comparable alternatives.....is there any way to lever down the existing provider or is the price the price?

2) Is there any one here on a better plan for not much extra cost - both parents elderly and both have issues but one with lots of issues....over three grand a year is a big bill for them to be facing and it looks like theres no viable cheaper option but I would be willing to pay to subsidise something better for them if there was something out there (despite my objection to the way the whole system has gone)

Advertisement