Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-10-2020, 14:35   #31
Dempo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinleezz View Post
I rang my GP last Wednesday morning after getting sent home from work on Tuesday night. They booked a test for me and didn't mention self-isolation, but that's understood according to HSE guidelines - you are getting a test, you're self-isolating. I lost 3 days of work and as per the company sick scheme, there are 3 waiting days that are not paid. I'm wondering now, should the GP have issued me a cert and do I qualify to get anything back?

Please look at previous posts re this particular issue. In essence yes, you can claim enhanced illness benefit for days lost., you need some sort of confirmation of test being requested, self isolation request etc, either a text communication or Cert form your GP. Also take a look at guidelines on this benefit on the SW website.

Best & quickest way to apply is via mywelfare portal
Advertisement
07-10-2020, 15:13   #32
rinleezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dempo1 View Post
Please look at previous posts re this particular issue. In essence yes, you can claim enhanced illness benefit for days lost., you need some sort of confirmation of test being requested, self isolation request etc, either a text communication or Cert form your GP. Also take a look at guidelines on this benefit on the SW website.

Best & quickest way to apply is via mywelfare portal
Thanks and sorry, have not had my coffee yet.

I filed for the three days of work I lost and I emailed them screenshots of the test texts I got, which clearly show that I've had to self-isolate since Wednesday all the way to Friday. Fingers crossed.
07-10-2020, 15:16   #33
Dempo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinleezz View Post
Thanks and sorry, have not had my coffee yet.

I filed for the three days of work I lost and I emailed them screenshots of the test texts I got, which clearly show that I've had to self-isolate since Wednesday all the way to Friday. Fingers crossed.
You'll be fine based on others experience, good luck
11-10-2020, 15:29   #34
mum37

Got all sorted this week, thanks so much for the updates😀
11-10-2020, 15:39   #35
Dempo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum37 View Post
Got all sorted this week, thanks so much for the updates😀
Excellent
Advertisement
12-10-2020, 16:37   #36
Phenom80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dempo1 View Post
Excellent
Quick question, I was out Tues, wed and Thurs last week and I applied for enhanced illness benefit. Got €200 sat morning in bank.It state's on the site that it's €350 a week, if you are absent for that reason for a week does it top up your wages or do you only get €350 that week and same if its two weeks €700?
12-10-2020, 16:47   #37
Dempo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom80 View Post
Quick question, I was out Tues, wed and Thurs last week and I applied for enhanced illness benefit. Got €200 sat morning in bank.It state's on the site that it's €350 a week, if you are absent for that reason for a week does it top up your wages or do you only get €350 that week and same if its two weeks €700?
The payment has nothing to do with your wages as such, the original maximum payment for this benefit is €350 per week but that's assuming your on it for a defined period, 14 days & more etc.

Recently they included those who've lost a few days due to testing and GP advice to self isolate etc. So your likely getting a daily rate if this makes sense. This said I'm not sure how 3 days equated to €200 you got. It's still higher than normal sick benefit and indeed those on shorten hours claiming lost days.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion